“A Great and Perfect Vacation at the Holiday - Home ,Hotel and Pension in Prague”

HOLIDAY HOME - Hotel, Pension
Ranked #1 of 358 Prague B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv, Israel
“A Great and Perfect Vacation at the Holiday – Home ,Hotel and Pension in Prague”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

At the end of September 2013,I flew to Prague for a one week vacation on my own
Sixteen years ago I received a recommendation to stay at Mr.Tezar's Pension in Prague .I decided to stay there and enjoyed my stay very much.Still remembering this very positive experience sixteen years later, I had recently decided to look up the address of the hotel on the internet and wrote to Mr.Tezar telling him that I'd like to come back and stay at his hotel for 7 days at the end of September. He answered politely and promptly and made a reservation for me.When I got to the hotel which now was completely renovated and looked so nice, elegant and very aesthetic ,I was very warmly welcomed by Mr.Tezar, the owner of this family hotel, as well as by the receptionist who took me personally to my beautiful one room apartment.

I must say that my recent stay in Prague and in particular at the Holiday-Home Hotel turned this vacation into one of my most wonderful and unforgettable vacations.The location of the hotel is central and safe and everything is within walking distance. I personally walked everywhere most of the time.The rooms and the bathrooms are very clean and there is a fridge and a coffee corner. The hotel itself is very beautiful and quiet and the atmosphere is most pleasant.It's really like being at home, although far away from home.The breakfast served in the dining room was very tasty and fresh. Every morning before leaving the hotel,I received very good suggestions and recommendations from the hotel's staff, as to how to spend my time ,which places to visit etc.,All my questions were always answered by the very friendly,kind and most helpful English speaking managers and staff. Rates and prices of the rooms are very reasonable and decent and of outstanding value.

I've already recommended this hotel to all my good friends as well as colleagues at the university where I work. I would also recommend it to anyone travelling to Prague!!!!!!!!

It's a fantastic hotel and I really love it!!! I hope to come back very soon to this warm and so friendly home- hotel,however, next time for sure ,I'm not going to wait sixteen years….A Most Highly Recommended Hotel !!!!!!!

Anat Lieberman,Israel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank anat l
vltesar, Owner at HOLIDAY HOME - Hotel, Pension, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Anat,
It was real pleasure for us to welcome you back to Holiday Home & have you here again after such a long time. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay and we look forward to meet you here again, once you will visit Prague next time, hopefully earlier than after 16 years. Regards. Vladimir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Brossard, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Pros:
1) Reasonable cost
2) location 1 metro stop away from Wenceslas Square
3) tram & metro 100m away from hotel
4) Good room
5) great hosts
Cons:
1) poor quality toilet paper (or bring your own)
2) poor breakfast, although reasonable cost at 4 euros

All in all a good choice for a budget-type hotel near the center of Prague

Dear Huy,
thank you for your stay in Holiday Home & your helpful comments. We were pleased to provide you our service. We hope to have chance to welcome you here again sometimes in future. Sincerely Vladimir
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Towels and bedding of low quality and old (one pillowcase had a patch). Stayed 7 days and no change of bedding. Away from the main tourist atractions. We had to share the fridge with 2 other apartments (it is out of the room). The kitchen had no stove, microwave or toaster.

4 Thank JSimionato
vltesar, Owner at HOLIDAY HOME - Hotel, Pension, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Joao, it is pity that you have not mentioned anything of your current feedback during your stay here, despite we met each other several times and I personally asked you at least twice if "everythink is all right?" and if "you do not need anything?". We could take care and solve at least some of your notes. Concerning the price - I believed that 58 EUR/double/night in mid September (full season) is fair price, but OK, I will do my best and will compare and re-consider prices once more. As we work as hotel-pension and we use to sell just rooms, not apartments, the tea/coffee kitchenette next to the room we understand as additional feature for our clients, insted of eg. 2 armchairs in common entrance hall. It is promoted as tea/coffe kitchenette only in all our website presentations, nowhere is presented as full loaded kitchen. So I am sorry, if this did not fullfill your expectations. I thank you for your stay with us and for your feedback. I wish you good luck. Sincerely Vladimir
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This was probably the best value we have had in seven weeks of travel. Room compact but very adequate. Ok breakfast. Excellent wifi, very informed and helpful hosts, out of the tourist throng but just 50 metres and 2 underground stops to the centre of the action. Very good and well priced local restaurants and pubs.
And Prague is magnificent!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jim,
many thanks for your stay and the great review. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you concluded happily your travel in Europe. Hopefully, we will have chance to welcome you in Prague again. By that time - sincerely Vladimir
Gibsons, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Hotel Holiday Home in September 2013. The hotel owner, Vladimir, and his staff were friendly and helpful, and the rooms were well appointed and clean. As a single traveller the room was a good value, and it was good to have the option to decide whether I wanted breakfast, since other hotels charge you whether you eat it or not. The location was perfect. Walking distance to the train station, as well as the metro, trams, bus, and most importantly, down town Prague. The neighbourhood is beautiful, with a stunning church at its heart. I would rcommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Prague. Thanks Vladimir! See you next time....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Paul, I was really pleased to meet you and to have chance to provide you our service. As well I am glad, that you enjoyed your stay in Prague and our property. We will be happy to welcome you again. Thank you! Vladimir
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great place to stay if u are on a budget.
not a real homestay but a well run small motel i would say.
clean but small rooms. clean bathrooms.
i would think twicw if i am travelling in summer cos the room had no a/c.
but in september it didn"t matter cos it was nice and cold.

Best thing about the place is..
Safe neighbourhood.
close to the metro and also the bus routes.
2 blocks away is the bus stop to the bus route which goes to all attractions.
Mac, colonel and paul"s are all near by. even a good supermarket is closeby.
didn"t try the breakfast cos it sounded simple.
i don"t think anyone goes to europe to eat museli and bread toast .
overall value for money..

Room Tip: at 60 euros it is a bargain..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Oscar, as I have not met you more later on, besides our 1 minute talk on the first day. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your visit to Prague. I noticed, that all 4 of you were very active in exploring Prague most of the day, so your 4 beded room served you just to overcross short nights. Anyway, thank you for your stay with us and your nice comments. Good luck, see you one day again. Vladimir
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent almost two weeks here in August 2013 and totally loved the place, the location, and Vladimir and his staff. The place: the rooms provide everything you need although I would recommend buying some softer toilet paper. Right outside the rooms you will find a refrigerator, table and place settings, and anything else you might need to make yourself right at home. The location: all of Prague is within a short walk from the pension for those who like walking and mixing with the people yet it is only one block from bus, tram and metro stops for those who would rather let someone else do the walking. There is an Internet café (the staff here is super friendly and helpful which comes in handy when dealing with a Czech keyboard) in the immediate area for those who need to keep in touch with the rest of the world or their investments. There is also a great little restaurant (Olive Point) one block up to the right as you exit Holiday Home just across the street on the same side as the pension. Another good restaurant is Zelena Zahrada (fantastic mushroom and spicy shrimp soups…we went back for both of the soups for a farewell lunch) located at 12 Smilovskeho 5 or 6 blocks from the pension. As for Vladimir and his staff: I doubt that you could find a friendlier more helpful group of people no matter how hard you looked. They were always available and ready to answer any questions you may have or provide any assistance you may need. I had reserved room 31 for our stay but my girlfriend (who has exceptional hearing while I wear a hearing aide which I remove when I go to bed) had trouble with the street noise over the weekend so Vladimir was more than happy to move us to room 33 on the other side of the pension. And if you should avail yourself of their taxi service to the airport; ask for George. He picked us up and was so delightful that we requested the pension ask for him when they arranged for our return trip to the airport. My only regret: that after spending 12 days in Prague we probably saw it all and would be hard pressed to find another reason to visit Vladimir again. Go there; you’ll love it!

Room Tip: As noted above I would suggest room 33 or 32 if you have problems with street noise on weekends.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
vltesar, Manager at HOLIDAY HOME - Hotel, Pension, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We were really pleased to provide you our service. It was pleasure for us as well to share little bit of your joy, once you were returning from your daily exploring of Prague and all the places you have visited around. Thanks for your stay and the detailed comments. Despite you have seen so much here, I hope that you will find out yourselves soon, that you need to return anyway to see even more.
We look forward for that moment - your new visit to Prague. Good luck and Grretings to you. Vladimir & all our team.