“As expected”

HOLIDAY HOME - Hotel, Pension
Ranked #1 of 363 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great place to stay if u are on a budget.
not a real homestay but a well run small motel i would say.
clean but small rooms. clean bathrooms.
i would think twicw if i am travelling in summer cos the room had no a/c.
but in september it didn"t matter cos it was nice and cold.

Best thing about the place is..
Safe neighbourhood.
close to the metro and also the bus routes.
2 blocks away is the bus stop to the bus route which goes to all attractions.
Mac, colonel and paul"s are all near by. even a good supermarket is closeby.
didn"t try the breakfast cos it sounded simple.
i don"t think anyone goes to europe to eat museli and bread toast .
overall value for money..

Room Tip: at 60 euros it is a bargain..
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
vltesar, Owner at HOLIDAY HOME - Hotel, Pension, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Oscar, as I have not met you more later on, besides our 1 minute talk on the first day. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your visit to Prague. I noticed, that all 4 of you were very active in exploring Prague most of the day, so your 4 beded room served you just to overcross short nights. Anyway, thank you for your stay with us and your nice comments. Good luck, see you one day again. Vladimir

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent almost two weeks here in August 2013 and totally loved the place, the location, and Vladimir and his staff. The place: the rooms provide everything you need although I would recommend buying some softer toilet paper. Right outside the rooms you will find a refrigerator, table and place settings, and anything else you might need to make yourself right at home. The location: all of Prague is within a short walk from the pension for those who like walking and mixing with the people yet it is only one block from bus, tram and metro stops for those who would rather let someone else do the walking. There is an Internet café (the staff here is super friendly and helpful which comes in handy when dealing with a Czech keyboard) in the immediate area for those who need to keep in touch with the rest of the world or their investments. There is also a great little restaurant (Olive Point) one block up to the right as you exit Holiday Home just across the street on the same side as the pension. Another good restaurant is Zelena Zahrada (fantastic mushroom and spicy shrimp soups…we went back for both of the soups for a farewell lunch) located at 12 Smilovskeho 5 or 6 blocks from the pension. As for Vladimir and his staff: I doubt that you could find a friendlier more helpful group of people no matter how hard you looked. They were always available and ready to answer any questions you may have or provide any assistance you may need. I had reserved room 31 for our stay but my girlfriend (who has exceptional hearing while I wear a hearing aide which I remove when I go to bed) had trouble with the street noise over the weekend so Vladimir was more than happy to move us to room 33 on the other side of the pension. And if you should avail yourself of their taxi service to the airport; ask for George. He picked us up and was so delightful that we requested the pension ask for him when they arranged for our return trip to the airport. My only regret: that after spending 12 days in Prague we probably saw it all and would be hard pressed to find another reason to visit Vladimir again. Go there; you’ll love it!

Room Tip: As noted above I would suggest room 33 or 32 if you have problems with street noise on weekends.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
vltesar, Manager at HOLIDAY HOME - Hotel, Pension, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

We were really pleased to provide you our service. It was pleasure for us as well to share little bit of your joy, once you were returning from your daily exploring of Prague and all the places you have visited around. Thanks for your stay and the detailed comments. Despite you have seen so much here, I hope that you will find out yourselves soon, that you need to return anyway to see even more.
We look forward for that moment - your new visit to Prague. Good luck and Grretings to you. Vladimir & all our team.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We use this hotel with my wife for years, usually for extended weekend or similarly short stay. Rarely we have used other hotels, but never have been twice in other one and we always prefer HolidayHome if it is free. Nice quality hotel in typical Prague apartment buildings, close to the centre with excellent transport connectivity, clean rooms, refurbishment couple of years back, reasonably silent place, dedicated and locked parking for the car, plenty of restaurants around. Next time

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

It was pleasure for us to have you & your nice family as our clients here. My wife enjoyed practising your language. Thank you for your stay and your great comments. See you hopefully soon in Prague again. Vladimir

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my wife during my business trip. It is quiet hotel with friendly staff and with good transport links. Its good location in city allowed us to visit theater performances. It is ideal for a family visit and see the sights of our capital city. We thank the staff for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Antonin, we are pleased that you have returned to our hotel again. Thank you for your nice comments. We are looking forward to welcome you here again. Sincerely Vladimir

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were in Prague and Holiday Home for 3 day in August and it was great. Hotel is in very authentic house in nice quite street and you get an instant Prague atmosphere when you check in. Location is excellent metro, tram and bus station (Namesti Miru) is 150m from hotel. Staff is very helpful and very kind. Rooms are clean and comfortable with WIFI connections without any problems. Good price, kind people, very nice rooms and all in one GREAT CHOICE.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
vltesar, Owner at HOLIDAY HOME - Hotel, Pension, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Let us thank you at least this way for your stay in Holiday Home & your great commentse. We were really pleased to meet you & your nice family & to be little bit helpfull in introducing you our nice city. We just hope to meet you in Prague again one day.
Sincerely
Vladimir & Dana

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I just ended my 4-day long stay at Holiday Home and i can't say enough good things about it.

The owner, Mr Vladimir, made an effort to meet me when I checked in. And he speaks good English. His staff at the reception (Ann & Alishka) were very helpful in providing advice to my queries. They did a fantastic job to go through the info I need to know for my stay.

I had to leave for Vienna for 2 days then come back to Prague. They were nice to let me put my unneeded stuff there. And it really felt like home to return :) I had privacy in my own room yet it's assuring to know the owners are always there when you need help.

Location is great! You have 2 choices of metro (and trams) - Green Line A from airport bus stop to Namesti Miru + less than 5 min walk OR Red Line C to I.P.Pavlova + 10-15 min walk. The "tourist" tram no. 22 serves the mentioned 2 places too (but not Namesti Miru on weekends). It's near a lovely church and that is an added bonus for navigation purpose.

Price is reasonable. You get a discounted rate if payment is in cash.

Nearby amenities like supermarket, mini convenience stores (aka portraviny) & restaurants are within easy reach.

Overall, it was a very comfortable & delightful stay. I would definitely make it my choice if I visit Prague again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ivysg

Dear Ivy, let me thank you this way for visiting Holiday Home, as well as fo writting this great review.
We are always happy to provide our service & advice to clients, who are so much interested in getting know as much as possible about our nice city & all Czech republic.
Thanks again. Vladimir

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great choice - ideal location, just 150 m from metro stop Namesti Miru and trams, but you also can easily walk to all Prague center. Good price, clean rooms, free WIFI in room. For extra fee they offer good breakfast and closed parking lot. Owners live in the house and they care carefully over clients and the house. I stayed with friends already twice here and I can just recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you will be travelling by car you will need to arrange car parking with the hotel. Prague 2 Vinoh...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Martin,
we are pleased that you have returned to our place again and we thank you for suporting us with such a nice comments here. We wish ourselves that you and your friends will return to our Holiday Home even more times.
Vladimir