“Convenient location with nice owner!”

and 1 more site!
HOLIDAY HOME - Hotel, Pension
Ranked #2 of 369 Prague B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Convenient location with nice owner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I just ended my 4-day long stay at Holiday Home and i can't say enough good things about it.

The owner, Mr Vladimir, made an effort to meet me when I checked in. And he speaks good English. His staff at the reception (Ann & Alishka) were very helpful in providing advice to my queries. They did a fantastic job to go through the info I need to know for my stay.

I had to leave for Vienna for 2 days then come back to Prague. They were nice to let me put my unneeded stuff there. And it really felt like home to return :) I had privacy in my own room yet it's assuring to know the owners are always there when you need help.

Location is great! You have 2 choices of metro (and trams) - Green Line A from airport bus stop to Namesti Miru + less than 5 min walk OR Red Line C to I.P.Pavlova + 10-15 min walk. The "tourist" tram no. 22 serves the mentioned 2 places too (but not Namesti Miru on weekends). It's near a lovely church and that is an added bonus for navigation purpose.

Price is reasonable. You get a discounted rate if payment is in cash.

Nearby amenities like supermarket, mini convenience stores (aka portraviny) & restaurants are within easy reach.

Overall, it was a very comfortable & delightful stay. I would definitely make it my choice if I visit Prague again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ivysg
vltesar, Owner at HOLIDAY HOME - Hotel, Pension, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Ivy, let me thank you this way for visiting Holiday Home, as well as fo writting this great review.
We are always happy to provide our service & advice to clients, who are so much interested in getting know as much as possible about our nice city & all Czech republic.
Thanks again. Vladimir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Cesky Tesin, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great choice - ideal location, just 150 m from metro stop Namesti Miru and trams, but you also can easily walk to all Prague center. Good price, clean rooms, free WIFI in room. For extra fee they offer good breakfast and closed parking lot. Owners live in the house and they care carefully over clients and the house. I stayed with friends already twice here and I can just recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you will be travelling by car you will need to arrange car parking with the hotel. Prague 2 Vinoh...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Martin,
we are pleased that you have returned to our place again and we thank you for suporting us with such a nice comments here. We wish ourselves that you and your friends will return to our Holiday Home even more times.
New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Period of Stay 16 Aug 13- 19 Aug 13. We had decided the property based on recommendations on Trip Advisor. It is rated amongst top 5 B&Bs in Prague and there was really nothing wrong with the property. The service is excellent, the location is convenient with a 24 hour departmental store nearby. It is walking distance from Wenclas Square, New Museum and the Metro Station "Namesti Miru". The staff is really helpful and provided us with free Maps, travel tips, and an adapter for my IPAD. There is also a common Kitchenette at every floor and some crockery to use.However the Kitchenette only has a Electric Kettle so it pretty much can only help in making tea-coffee or may be cup-noodles. The breakfast is adequate but the choices are limited. The bathroom is quite petite which is a bit annoying. I had to come back on 25 Aug again for a night and I skipped it because I got a 4Star property (Louren Hotel) with a huge room / bathroom, much better breakfast spread and excellent service for a few Euros more. So as I said, essentially the price and the small bathroom were the deal breaker for me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ankit,
we were pleased to provide you our service and we are glad that you were satisfied. Thank you for your nice review. As we openly declare & most of reviews here confirm, highlights of our service are especially great location, clean rooms, our effort in maintainance of all the property & care over our clients & personal communication with them. Our equipment is generally simple, with no frills. Therefore it is understandable, that clients can easily find better equipped property and within ocassional special offers the price difference does not need to be substantial.
Anyway thank you again. Sincerely
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed at Holiday Home for 3 nights with my son in early August. The staff is very friendly and responsive.
Vladimir, the owner, helped to arrange transportation from the airport, so upon our late flight arrival we were met by the driver who took us right to the hotel. The room was very clean and bright and we have enjoyed the little backyard/patio outside the hotel. Location is very convenient for a family trip. It is a quiet neighborhood, about 25 min walk from the city center. There is a metro and a tram stop very close to the hotel as well as several small restaurants and stores.
Overall our stay was very enjoyable and I was extremely pleased with the hospitality. I highly recommend this hotel for excellent value at a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Vladimir,
thank you for your visit and stay in Holiday Home. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your visit to Prague. Hopefuly we will succed to welcome you here again sometimes in future. Thanks also for your great review.
Sincerely
Richmond Hill, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed here for 1 night in July. Everything is perfect ... convenient location ( a few minutes walk from subway and tram station), friendly and helpful staff, quiet residential neighbourhood, bright and clean room with air conditioning, luggage storage after check-out, etc.

When we check out, the staff handed her phone to us. It was the owner on the other end of the line and thanked us for our business.

We wish we had stayed longer. We will definitely stay here again if we visit Prague again.

1 Thank jcdaddi
vltesar, Owner at HOLIDAY HOME - Hotel, Pension, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Let me thank you at least this way for staying with us and for your review. It is pity that you did not have more time to stay longer. Maybe next time. Thanks once more. Vladimir
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

As a party of six who stayed at Holiday Home for a couple of nights late July, we have nothing but praise for this clean, comfortable, well located and good value hotel. Highlights for us:
Vladimir and his team - quick and helpful responses on the email so booking directly with them was a breeze, clear email instructions on how to get to the hotel via all modes of transport (we took the bus and train from the airport) and one of the best receptions we have ever received on arrival (friendly, welcoming, perfect English, lots of helpful information on things to do and see in Prague etc). They even gave us a late checkout at no extra cost.
Clean and comfortable - rooms were spotless, quiet, secure (including safe in the room), good wifi and we even had a kitchenette (with fridge) in our room.
Great location - close enough to the centre so accessing the old town, castle etc is easy (we used trains, trams and our own two feet) but also far enough out to avoid the crowds and pricey tourist establishments. There are also lots of reasonably priced restaurants, cafes and bars close by so no shortage of places to eat and drink within walking distance of the hotel.
Next time we are in Prague, we will definitely be staying at Holiday Home again.

1 Thank Mel42000
Dear Melissa, we were happy to have your small group staying in our hotel. You all were very nice clients and I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay here as well. Thanks for visiting us & for the great comments. Hopefully, see you in future again. Vladimir
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our family of 3 stayed here July 17 through July 19. This hotel is perfect for a quiet respite to the big city and crowds of Prague. The hotel is just near a tram or the metro station for easy access to the sights. But, enjoy the quiet in this neighborhood and spend some time here enjoying the park nearby while having an ice cream. The room was very comfortable for 3 with tall ceilings and big windows. Our room overlooked the courtyard and was very quiet and private. We had a table and chairs, a fridge, a hot pot and a safe for valuables. The staff arranged our transportation to and from the airport and was very helpful in explaining in detail everything we needed to make our stay enjoyable. The breakfast was incredibly inexpensive and was a nice spread of fresh breads, cheeses, fruit, cereals, yogurt, coffee, and juices. We regret we didn't get to meet the owners as they were on their own holiday during our stay. We wanted to thank them in person for such a wonderful stay. The hotel is very convenient to a laundry facility which we used and a pharmacy where we got advice for an unexpected issue that arose. We enjoyed the castle district and Wencelas Square, but we were glad to retreat to our "home away from home" at night for a restful sleep and refreshment before setting out again for more sites.

3 Thank roving88
vltesar, Owner at HOLIDAY HOME - Hotel, Pension, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear S+M+R,
I would like to thank you very much for your wonderful review and for your stay in our property. I am so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here and that our Holiday Home team took care well over you. I am sorry that I have not met personally, but I hope to have such chance at your next visit to Prague. Best regards. Vladimir