“50th birthday weekend”
Review of Green Garden Hotel

Green Garden Hotel
Ranked #70 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a lovely weekend with friends celebrating our recent 50th birthday's. The staff especially Daniela the lovely receptionist, were very helpful and polite, always smiling and nothing was no trouble. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the buffet breakfast varied and substantial. The hotel was not far from the Pavlova metro station and easy to get to the highlights of Prague. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Prague, thank you for making our stay wonderful.

Room Tip: didn't use the pool or spa. We found the room facing the main road not too noisy at all.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The most delightful staff who can't do enough to help, whether you've remembered your room number back to front, or have managed to leave your passports, flight tickets, sterling and your house key in the safe after you've departed. We had a wonderful stay, comfortable beds with pillows just like your favourite one at home. Perfectly located in a quiet square, away from commercial touristy Prague but close enough to a handful of varied restaurants and bars to make evenings out easy.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Recently stayed at the Green Garden, for a birthday weekend with friends. The hotel is located in zone 2 of Prague (centre is zone 1) which means using public transport or walking. I did walk into town once and took around 40 mins, there are trams and a metro system, which are fairly cheap. There is a metro station, close to the hotel. Also the reception can order you taxi's with a fixed price, which was cheaper than the one we hailed getting from the airport
When we arrived, we were greeted by friendly staff. the lady on reception spoke good English and gave us maps and tips on the best way of getting around, suggested the best areas for bars and and restaurants.
Was impressed with the room, it was clean, nicely decorated, LCD TV, free to use safe, air con and the beds were very comfy, one of the best I've had in a hotel.
In general I cannot fault this hotel, the staff were brilliant, the rooms well equipped and comfy. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2013

A good hotel always sets the tone for a trip anywhere in the world. The Green Garden in Prague (along with my team winning their match), made this a brilliant short break and certainly one I hope to repeat very soon, when the weather is a little warmer.
Excellent, friendly service from start to finish. The room was immaculate and if anything, too warm, so i actually had to sleep with the window open a couple of the nights, despite freezing temps outside. It is situated between two main roads, one in and one out of town, but with great double glazing, is exceptionally quiet at night. A 5 minute walk from I.P Pavlova metro station and only 10 minutes maximum from Wenceslas Square and The National Museum.
Would recommend to anyone without hesitation and will certainly return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank GeordieBlue
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Really nice hotel, good location only 15-20min walk to the main square. We had three rooms on the 5th floor, the rooms were very clean and spacious and the beds very comfortable. Breakfast had plenty of choice, we didn't use the restaurant in the evening. Bar area was cosy but they allow smoking in this area so didn't spend much time in here. Would strongly recommend this hotel and we would book again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I bought my husband a watch for his 50th birthday in Prague ,but forgot to put it in the safe when we went down to there restaurant for a meal .the next day when we packed the rest of our belongings we realised that some one had been in our room and took the watch and left the bag.the staff was not helpfull ,and when I got home and un packed my bags they had took my new bottle of channel purfume that I bought at the airport,so they have stollen £410 of us .im glad I did not got back to the room when they were stealing from me as I wonder what they would have done.Don't take the staff at face value as they are nice to your face but steal from you behind your back.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Jennyjanechurcher
Daniel G, Owner at Green Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Madam/Sir, thank you very much for choosing our hotel to stay in Prague. However I have to strictly refuse that any of our staff members could steal anything from your room. We are small hotel and all of our staff work for us for very long time and I don´t remember that somebody has ever complaint that something is missing from room. If there was really something missing in your room, my only explanation is that it has to be somebody from outside. We were ready to call police to investigate it but unfortunately you didn´t have time to wait for them. For any cases we will install to corridors cameras to prevent repeating such situation. Kind regards. Daniel Gallas. Hotel manager and owner.