“One word - excellent !”

Alchymist Nosticova Palace
Ranked #29 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed May 25, 2014

What more could one ask for in a hotel ?
Location - on the quiet side of the river within walking distance on trams, restaurants and shops.
Friendly staff - the staff at theAlchymist Nosticova Palace certainly filled that requirement.
Great breakfast - there was ample variety to fill us up before we began touring the city.
Will we come back ? - most certainly !

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daltonb
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,

thank you very much for your review and kind words on Alchymist Nosticova Palace.
I am pleased we have managed to meet your expectations in the area of both staff and breakfast service and that you liked the location of our establishment as well.

We will be thrilled should you decide to spend your next visit of Prague at our hotel again.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Great location close to the hustle and bustle of the Charles Bridge, yet the hotel is in a quiet street which was a welcome escape from the crowds. Our room on the ground floor was beautifully appointed, the food was excellent and the staff were helpful and welcoming.

We will definitely use the hotel again when we return to Prague.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbeni

Dear Barbeni,

thank you for taking the time to post this nice review on TripAdvisor.
I am surely glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us, in particular the location, the room decor, the food and the attentive service of our staff.

We will be more than happy to welcome you to Prague in the nearby future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We recently visited Prague and had the pleasure of staying at Alchymist Nosticova Palace. What a delight. Our room was perfect. The staff could not do enough for us, tour arrangements, restaurant reservations and directions.

Great location, everything in walking distance and great restaurants near by.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank loxdog
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear loxdog,

thank you for sharing your most valued opinion on your recent stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace.
I am thrilled to hear you have enjoyed your time with us so much, in particular the friendly, attentive service of our staff, the room decor and equipment and the location of the hotel.

We will surely be more than pleased should you choose our property for your future visits of Prague.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

My family and I loved our stay in this beautiful hotel. There were lots of lovely little touches like the free cheese and wine every evening and the Belgium chocolates. As has been previously stated the staff are lovely and always there to help you including participating in my kids Easter egg hunt. The hotel is perfectly located and although only a few minutes walk from Charles Bridge it is a haven of calm. We hope to return next year.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Fraz93

Dear Fraz93,

I would hereby like to thank you for posting this kind review on TripAdvisor.

It is great to know you had such a good time staying at our property and the little touches like the afternoon wine and cheese and chocolates in the room made it even more special.
It was a pleasure for our staff to help your little ones enjoy the traditional Easter egg hunt, too. :-)

All of us are already looking forward to welcoming you back to Prague and helping you enjoy another unforgettable trip to this beautiful city.

With best regards,

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I decided to treat myself to a nice hotel in the middle of a solo backpacking trip, and I am so glad I did. The hotel is absolutely stunning. Due to other travel plans, I unfortunately did not get to utilize much of the hotel (even the free breakfast, sadly) or the pool, but I never felt the need to leave my room. You instantly feel like royalty walking in. I ended up arriving pretty late at night, with only a backpack, so I am sure that the hotel staff could tell I was not their usual guest, but they were still completely friendly and welcoming (almost too much!). The room is just as beautiful as it looks in photos.

The one thing I did not like about the hotel is that the one person working at the desk has to come let you in, which for some reason felt a little awkward to me when I came back in around 2 am.

Overall, I highly recommend splurging for at least a night in this hotel. I will return to Prague one day simply to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Natalie W

Dear Natalie A,

thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your opinion on Alchymist Nosticova Palace with us and the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to hear that – although very short – your stay with us exceeded your expectations and especially that staff and the decor of our rooms were to your liking.

Madam, please rest assured that by opening the door to our clients 24/7 we on no account mean to make you feel awkward or uncomfortable but on the contrary. Our staff is always pleased and eager to welcome you back to the hotel at any time of the day.

We will be more than happy to see you at Alchymist Nosticova Palace again in the future. This time – hopefully – for a longer period of time so you can enjoy all the delights both our establishment and the city of Prague have to offer .

Please feel free to contact me at any time to assist with a further booking with our hotel!

Warm regards,
manager@nosticova.com

Reviewed April 12, 2014

The hotel was lovely, the food (breakfast and cheese and wine) lovely, but what made this hotel one of the best I have ever stayed in, was the helpful, friendly staff that could not do enough for us. Nothing was any trouble everything was sorted immediately. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the Ground floor and it was lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Dear Elisabeth,

thank you very much for sharing your most appreciated opinion on Alchymist Nosticova Palace.
Since our staff is always doing their best to fulfill all of our guests´ requests immediately and in the most friendly, helpful and effective manner, I am particularly pleased you have highlighted them as the strongest element of our hotel. I will be sharing your kind words with all of the staff members and have no doubts they will be very happy to hear they managed to make such a good impression on you.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you to Prague again in the nearby future.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed April 10, 2014

My girlfriend and I recently took a trip driving around east europe and stopped here for two nights. We arrived from Berlin and left on route to Krakow.

I have been to Prague a few times before and stayed at the four seasons, which is also nice but both hotels are completely opposite. The Alchymist Nosticova is by far my favourite hotel when staying in Prague as it feels really authentic and you really feel like your the King of Czech Republic. The drive we took to this hotel was beautiful all the streets were lined with fairy lights and the whole area is well lit. The entrance was very welcoming and the receptionist was beautiful and friendly and would try to do anything to help your trip go well. We got a parking ticket and she even helped speak to the local police and arrange a largely reduced fee to get the clamp removed. There are pictures on the wall in the entrance signed by some really famous actors and musicians who have stayed there and the rooms are magnificent. Ours was the attic in the roof and had a big jacuzzi bath. They arranged some Czech sparking wine which went down the hatch like a dream and arranged rose petals on the bed before arrival, they really go to extensive trouble to ensure your trip is a success. They arranged last minute reservations for us at some spectacular restaurants/bars. If you are on a romantic trip and you do not go to Kampa Park you are really missing out. Ive been all over the world and this is one of my favourite restaurants. Make sure you ask them for a table down by the water. To be honest even if you are upstairs it is spectacular. And if you want a cocktail bar you must go to Bugsy's in the posh area of town over the river. We got a horse and carriage there from the restaurant and have no idea how I got home but is always friendly and the drinks are superb. Bartenders have won awards for mixing cocktails and the price is unbelievably cheap.

The hotel is in a quiet side street right next to the charles bridge, even though we had a car we never used it we walked everywhere with ease. If you want to go up to the castle this is the perfect location to stay as most tourist sites are all close by.

Beds are big comfy and use nice fabrics. Interior of the hotel is very clean, pleasant and modern.
I believe this company has two hotels close by, we didn't travel to the other as we didn't need to but my girlfriend likes this hotel so much she made us take pictures of the room and decorated our bedroom in a similar style.

I debated for a long time where to stay in Prague and am so glad we chose the Nosticova.

I mentioned I stayed at the Four Seasons which is also a beautiful hotel but when you are inside you could be anywhere in the world, inside the Nosticova it feels like you are in a Royal Prague Castle and you are the King.

Enjoy Prague give it a go.

Room Tip: Attic was very nice and romantic. Had a big jacuzzi bath which many glasses of bubbly was enjoyed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Lee P,

thank you ever so much for writing this lovely and detailed feedback on your recent stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace!
I am thrilled to read you had such an exceptional time while staying with us and you enjoyed the helfpul and friendly service of our reception staff, the location of the hotel and its furnishings and decor.
We are always trying to make our clients feel special and I am more than pleased we have succeeded to do so with you and your girlfriend.

We will be delighted should you choose our hotel for your next visit of Prague!

My best regards,