“We Love The Alchymist!”

Ranked #23 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Duluth, Georgia
“We Love The Alchymist!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have stayed at the Alchymist Nosticova on our past two recent trips to Prague. The experience is truly 5 star! The rooms are gothically decorated and are spacious. The staff at front desk are very eager to assist with restaurant reservations, etc. We have used the driver service provided by the hotel to pick us up and take us to the airport and train station alike. The bar is a fun place to wind down after a busy day sightseeing or have a drink before or after dinner. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Prague!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Melanie and Jim,

thank you for taking the time to post such an amazing review about your stay with us! Me and all my team were delighted that we, once again, met your expectations especially with our room setting, location and hotel service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me at any time to assist with a further booking with our hotel!

Warm regards,

Lucie and colleagues

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I spent a short time at this hotel, which was in an excellent location as well as being beautiful with wonderful staff. I loved the walk through cobbled streets to the Charles Bridge which meant easy access to the centre of town while at the same time being in a quiet area on the same side of the river as the castle.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your beautiful words regarding your recent stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace. I really do appreciate the time of posting your impressions of the hotel. We all are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and would me more than happy to welcome you again in the near future.

Please contact me personally if I can be of any assistance.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 or 4 nights at this hotel last July and couldn't be happier. We were expecting a little hotel that was just ok, but were very surprised when we arrived. It is little, but it's very well decorated, very comfortable, clean and the staff could not be more friendly or helpful. Apart from that, their restaurant is absolutely beautiful and I think not many people know about it. Nothing better than walk around the city all day long and come back for a wine in this beautiful set up. Also, we loved the location! It's very close to everything but in a quiet street. I travel a lot and I don't always give 5 stars to a hotel, but this one definitely deserves it. For those who don't agree, I think it's because they prefer bigger hotels and that's not what you'll get on this one. This is a small luxury hotel where the staff will actually pay attention to your needs and where you can get a feel of "home" at the end of the day. If

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam,

I'm very grateful for such a kind words posted on your stay with us. It was great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and especially the hotel atmosphere, location, restaurant and staff service were to your liking. Please do come and join us again in the near future! I will be more than happy to be of any assistance with your next booking.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2013

five starts? NOT!
came back from touring Czech republic and got this hotel from luxury link as 5 star. you have to ring the door bell to get in to the hotel. It is more like an appartment building with just rooms to let. Building has no lobby to speak of . Our room was supposedly a suite (a bed and 2 chairs) more like a regular hotel room with ornate gold painted furniture. Asked the front desk for restaurant info the answere was I do not know not let me find out. the location was ok not the best. the only thing that was 5 star on this hotel was the price I paid.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kay120953
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Madam Minakyan Houry,

I am very disappointed to read that your stay with us fell short of your expectations, in relation to both the Hotel and its facilities.

I am unsure of your personal experience with apartments buildings, but I would like to explain our many Tripadvisor readers a little more about our property. Our 5* Boutique Hotel is situated in a historical house from 1617 located in the UNESCO historical area and does not have a large, commercial entrance, as you would expect from one of the big Hotel chains. We do, however, have a private entrance, where you will always be greeted by our doorman day and night. You will then be lead into our lobby area, where you will find the reception open 24hrs and a bar.

The Junior Suite you had booked is 38m2 (around 415 square feet) and this is typical in size for a room in the category. I would like to point out that we include a full 24 hour service, valet parking, daily turn down service, minibar, free wifi, a 7series BMW hotel transfer car, entrance to the Health Club etc. I do not believe you would find these facilities in an apartment building.

Your comment about a restaurant suggestion is difficult to understand. I believe our skilled, professional and experienced receptionists were merely reacting to a specific request for which they needed to filter the options. We are fortunate to have the same reception team for the last five years and therefore their knowledge of the area is very detailed.

Even if we receive so many great and complimentary comments from visitors all over the world, as a 5 star Hotel we always welcome constructive criticism to keep improving, but we feel in this instance your feedback is unfair, incorrect and misleading.

Regards,

Lucie Nizka
Hotel manager
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have just returned from a short stay in this delightful and peaceful hotel in a great location in Prague. Not only is the building and decor truly amazing but, above all, the staff were some of the very best we've ever come across anywhere in the world. They work together as a team, always with huge friendly smiles and were utterly professional in everything they do. They were exceptional - I can say no more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Geoff S
Dear Madam, Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking time and posting this fantastic review on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to hear that all the team did such a great job once again and I passed to them all your kind words with a real pleasure. Thank you once again for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague. We hope to have another chance to welcome you back in the near future!

York, Maine
Reviewed October 7, 2013

What's fantastic: the location, the breakfast, the help. What's very good: the room.

We really enjoyed heading back to the quiet side of the river every night. Really, the hotel is just a short, romantic walk from Charles Bridge and the hustle on the other side. Breakfast was a big surprise as was the staff. I really enjoyed meeting all of them. Oh, head to Kalina for dinner. Very nice

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NYSEYork_Maine
Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Alchymist Nosticova Palace for your stay in Prague and thank you for your time taken to post this amazing review. Me and all the team were delighted to read that you loved the location and the hotel was to your liking as well, especially the staff and breakfasts. It will be a great pleasure for all of us to welcome you back at Alchymist Nosticova Palace soon.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Five minutes from Carl's Bridge, in the Mala Strana quarter you can reach all attractions within 5 to 25 minutes walk. The small, 15 rooms hotel is beautifully decorated, our room was large with a small kitchenette (that we didn't use) and a spacious bathroom. Very clean and pleasant. The service was impeccable thanks to Dasha & Suzana and the complementary wines and hors d'oeuvres nicely presented. Breakfast was OK but not more. All in all one of the better hotels we stayed in.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Tsico H
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you very much for all the kind words following your stay with us. The time of sharing your impressions is very much appreciated. All the team and in particular Dasa and Zuzana were delighted to read that your stay with us was an enjoyable one overall.
We hope to have another chance to welcome you back in the near future to provide even better service. In this case please contact me personally so I can be at your full disposal.

Lucie Nizka