“An Alchemist Experience”

Alchymist Nosticova Palace
Ranked #26 of 649 Hotels in Prague
“An Alchemist Experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We had a superb experience of this hotel. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful, our room (Gothic Deluxe) was excellent and the hotel is superbly situated. For us, we couldn't have stayed in a nicer spot. You're situated a short walk from Charles Bridge but far enough away from the hustle and bustle that you can eat and drink for a very reasonable price should you wish. Alternatively, there are higher end restaurants just as close by. A few nice touches - the staff greeted us with bubbly on arrival, free drinks and cheese before dinner, complimentary water daily in the room and an umbrella waiting for you should the weather turn sour. All in all... we can highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lewis F
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Madam, Sir,

Thank you very much for all the kind words following your stay with us. All the team was delighted to read that your stay with us and especially the staff service and hotel location were so enjoyable. We look forward to having the chance to welcome you back in the near future!

Lucie and colleagues

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of spending a weekend at this hotel. A beautiful little boutique hotel with friendly service and lots of character.
A special thank you also to Nazir who offered to show us to a good restaurant after he got off duty - free of charge!(as the hotel's restaurant was being renovated)
I can definitely recommend The Alchymist Nosticova Palace Hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HNortje
Dear Madam,

Many thanks for taking time to leave such a nice feedback regarding your stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace! I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I have passed on your kind words to Nizar and we look forward to having the chance to welcome you back in the near future!

Kind regards,

Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 9.30am after a 4 day rail trip around Europe, eating and sleeping on the train. So when we arrived at this truly magnificently decorated palace our spirits lifted immediately. The room of our choice was not ready [ as expected ] I thought we would have to wait until 2pm for the room, but we were shown an alternative sumptuously furnished room which we were more than happy to accept. A cup of tea and coffee were offered and accepted and we settled in to relax and wind down after the hectic few days we had experienced. The sun filtered through the windows and a gentle breeze wafted over us as we dozed in and out of sleep on the most comfortable bed i have ever slept on. After the rattle and roll of the train it felt like heaven!
The receptionists are very helpful and knowledgable about everything we needed to know and even at the end of our stay allowed us to extend our time in the room until 2pm which was extremely generous. The garden restaurant across the road was delightful, we enjoyed the taster mezze menu sitting in the shade, completely cut off from the outside world of crowds and busy traffic whilst we passed the time until we had to leave. I would give the Alchymist full marks for hospitality and we would look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: They are all quiet rooms as it is situated in a quiet area yet close to all the must-do sites.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Edith P
Dear Madam, Sir,

Thank you so much for all your beautiful words regarding your arrival and all the stay with us. I'm really happy to read that our hotel was "an oasis of calm" in our magical city for you. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant experience and our staff did such a good job once again. We all hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My dad and I stayed here for a few days in August this past summer. Absolutely gorgeous, I felt like we were staying in a palace. Very helpful staff.

We really enjoyed the wine and cheese hour before dinner, a very nice way to end a day of touring.

The spa was lovely and very relaxing.

The restaurant was also wonderful - I had the traditional Czech dish of Guláš and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The location was great, pretty much within walking distance of everything. We walked everywhere, with the exception of taking the train up to Prague Castle, but we walked back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank meghankmc

Athlone, Ireland
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I spent three nights at the Alchymist and I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the beauty of the hotel. First, I was greeted with a glass of sparkling wine upon arrival. It's a really nice gesture that made me feel welcome and put a smile on my face :) Everyone was extremely helpful. When it started raining the next day, I was offered a large umbrella without even asking! And every day there was a little box of chocolates on the bed when going back to the room in the afternoon... The breakfast was good. I've read some reviews complaining that it's not one of those huge american style buffets, but it had everything I wanted to eat (and the bacon, coffee and croissants were excellent!), plus you can order "a la carte" if you want. Don't miss the mirror room in the back of the restaurant, it's stunning :)
I'd definitely recommend the Alchymist. I would go back there when I visit Prague again!

Room Tip: I had a room on the street, but it is a very quiet street with very few cars or pedestrians. I wasn...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you so very much for your kind words regarding your stay with us and especially the service you received from my great team, because this is the aspect we are highly focused to. I was truly happy that we met your expectations and please do come and join us again in the near future!

Kind regards,

bristol
Reviewed May 12, 2013

stayed here for 5 nights loved our room it was truly beautiful ,gorgeous chandelier,very comfortable bed we were in rm 416 top floor huge bathroom & bath
staff were very friendly/helpful
complimentary cheese & wine every night 5-6 great, chocolates on pillow
spa at sister hotel nice & relaxing but pool not really a swimming pool more a plunge pool again beautiful chandelier above pool gown & slippers provided
initially disappointed with location but i was wrong it may be a little further to walk from astronomical clock etc but its quiet & you can easily walk to most areas in prague also its near kampa with the lovely statues
hope to return someday

Room Tip: high floor quiet (lift & one flight of stairs need to be mobile)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jellybabe2
Dear Madam, Sir,

Thank you for taking time to leave such a kind words following your recent stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and please do come and see us once again so we can exceed your expectations. I have passed on your kind words to the team.

My kindest regards,

Northville, Michigan
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in October 2012. The location was wonderful, on a quiet street but so close in walking distance to everything. We chose the 4 night special offer which included staying in one of their Royal Suites. It was not ridiculously expensive and so beautiful!! The staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating, especially Zusanna, Rene' and Natasha, who talked me into buying a garnet ring at the last minute!! I love the ring and it is a wonderful remembrance of our trip! Rene' helped check us in and brought us some champagne while we were doing so and Zusanna was very nice too. The breakfast buffet was lovely, and the dining area was very nice, and so were the dining staff. Our suite had a separate living room and bedroom and the room was very spacious. It was a very romantic hotel, very old world european. We loved everything about our stay at this hotel and we absolutely loved Prague!!! There is a restaurant right next door called The Blue Whale - it was something else in Czech, but that was the translation. It was excellent! We highly recommend it.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hollis1215
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback! I'm grateful that you remembered your stay with us and you have such a nice memories. I'm sure that the garnet ring helps to recall it. It's great to hear that the hotel overall met your expectations and you loved our magical city. I passed on your kind words to my great team, especially to Zuzana, Natasha and Rene who ensure our guests only receive the best service. We look forward to having the chance to look after you once again in the near future.