“Fantastic”

Ranked #23 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Barking, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just fabulous, they got everything just right
We were celebrating a special birthday and spent three wonderful days and two nights at ths very nice hotel.
We treated ourselves to a junior suite and what a lovely room.
The staff were so very helpful - from the reception staff the breakfast waiter and waitress, the maids and special thanks to Peter the very helpful driver who was waiting for us when we arrived at the airport.
Situated in a nice, quiet area of Prague, a stones throw from bars, restaurants and all the sights.
Will certainly choose thiis hotel again on our next visit

6 Thank uptonparkman
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for such an amazing review to our hotel! All the team here was happy to read your very kind words but the most important thing is, that you have a great memories from Prague and I´m proud we are a part of it.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kindest regards,

Lucie and colleagues

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
London
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have just returned from a lovely 3 day, 2 night stay in Prague and am pleased that I chose this hotel as it helped make the trip a lovely experience.

I booked the hotel for myself and my girlfriend through Expedia and got a good deal for a basic room. As the trip got closer I got in touch with the hotel directly to enquire about upgrading to the next level room as well as getting some flowers ready in the room with a note for my girlfriend. The replies were efficient and helpful. Due to a lack of availability I was offered an upgrade to a room two grades above that of my original booking for a reasonable 30 EUR extra per night.

When we arrived the check in was simple and the staff Rene and Zuzana were welcoming and very helpful. The room itself was lovely and I was happy with the choice to upgrade. The only criticism I have is that the Wifi signal was not strong which hampered using my Ipad which I brought to help with researching places to see in this beautiful city.

Our first breakfast was not as good as the second. This may have been due to us arriving towards the end of the breakfast serving period. We were not offered the additional menu choices we had on the second day, but the buffet provided was adequate.

I would recommend this hotel for couples looking for a nice boutique hotel that is excellently located. It is in Mala Strana, a few minutes from Charles Bridge but was quiet and felt safe at night. I am really pleased with this choice - best result was that my girlfriend liked it as well!

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I´m happy that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your feedback and are grateful for pointing out some of the shortcomings you encountered during your stay with us. We are always willing to address any issue a client points out or feels like needs attention. We hope to welcome you back at the hotel on your next visit, and I'm very positive that your next stay will be to your best expectations.

Warm regards,

Northumberland
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I am not sure where to begin with this review. The beginning started before we arrived. The communication with the hotel was excellent. They organised transport from the airport for us. We sought to make a reservation for a meal at the restaurant but sadly it was being renovated. They contacted us and advised us of this before our arrival and offered free transport to the sister hotel and a 10% discount.

We arrived at the airport to be greeted by a friendly driver. We were escorted through Prague in comfortable car and arrived at the hotel safely. We were warmly greeted and then offered a complimentary drink. The hotel has a free wine and cheese tasting session in the evening between 5pm and 6pm.

We were shown to our beautifully comfortable room. It was lovely. The bed was very comfortable and despite being on the street frontage it was quite. The facilities were excellent.

Throughout our stay the staff were superb. The breakfast waiter and waitress deserve a special mention. Always courteous and friendly with a smile.

We would recommend this hotel to all whom visit Prague. The city is complimented by the offering of this hotel. Do visit the local restaurants close to the hotel. They are all superb.

1 Thank Splodge48
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this amazing and detailed review. I am truly glad to read it, as it always brings me joy to know that our guests have enjoyed their vacation to the fullest.

It was a pleasure to have you in our hotel and all the team hope we will have the possibility to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Located on the quiet side of the river, but still only 5 minutes walk from Charles Bridge, the Alchymist Residence Nosticova is a boutique hotel with well presented rooms and staff.
Upon arrival we were offered a welcome drink from the porter and checking in was conducted with efficiency and charm.
Our three day stay was a delight as all the staff were charming and the rooms clean, warm and comfortable.

Room Tip: Top floor as have views of castle or bridge
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ian D
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I was happy to hear only positives about your stay with us, especially towards the location, rooms and staff. I have passed on your kind words to my team and we hope to welcoming you once again in the near future!

Best regards,

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My review is a bit late but hopefully this does the hotel some justice. The hotel is and was prefect and met every single one of our needs. You cannot fault the place and the staff were exceptional and the service was something you would expect from a 5* luxury hotel.

First off, the locaion was great, everything we wanted to see was within walking distance and the staff were very helpful when it came to directions and we never had a problem speaking to everyone in English. We were in the Johannes Kepler suite and it was immaculate.

The staff were absolutely wonderful. Martin, in reception, was a laugh and very personable. It was great that we were able to have a conversation with him and learning about the Czechs and the Slovaks. Alex, who's the restaurant manager, is the best and made our stay very memorable. I can't thank him enough for making every extra special. The trip to Prague was a belated birthday present from hubby so Alex and Lucy went the extra mile to make my birthday meal a complete joy from the candle on my chocolate moullneux being brought in with dimmed lights and having happy birthday being sung to me but the icing on the cake was the lovely roses that were sent to my room. It actually made me cry because it touched my heart. It was just so thoughtful, and not something you would get from any hotel. The staff, the hotel and the Czech and Slovac people we met in general made our trip to Prague fabulous.

My husband and I plan on coming back to Prague and when we do, we will be booking here again. I can't say enough good things about The Alchymist Residence Nosticova. It's definitely a place I would highly recommend. A big thank you also goes to Lucie, the hotel manager. We received a lovely email from her soon after our return home. For such a small boutique hotel, you certainly get luxury world class service from them!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lotus_Freak
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Madam,

thank you very much for your review and for all the kind words! All the team and especially Lucy, Alex and Martin were thrilled to read it.. They all put their heart into the work and its rewarding to see such a beautiful results..

We all are really happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and the birthday celebration was an enjoyable moment to remember. It was a real pleasure having you at our hotel and we truly hope to see you back soon!

Best regards,
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel to celebrate our engagement. Read a few reviews on trip advisor and delighted that I picked this hotel. It was 5 star service from as soon as the porter opened our taxi door and lead us to the reception. The staff were incredibly helpful when poking the hotel and during our stay. The Buffett style breakfast is of good quality and definitely fills you up for your days sight seeing. The hotel is a 5min walk to the Charles bridge and there are excellent restaurants nearby aswell. All in all it was an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Kevin O
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Sir, Madam,

thank you so much for such a beautiful review and for the time you dedicated to it. I'm honestly thrilled to read that you had such a wonderful time with us.

Please accept my hearty congratulations to both of you, on your engagement. I really do hope that you come back and stay with us again in the future to celebrate your honeymoon or wedding anniversary with us..

Kindest regards,

Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

There is a very good reason that this hotel has never had a bad review. It's beautiful. The staff are very helpful and go out of their way to make sure you're enjoying your stay. They upgraded us on arrival to a junior suite, which was just lovely. My husband and I discussed last night when we got home what we'd change about this hotel to improve it and there really isn't anything. It's romantic, peaceful and one of the nicest places I've stayed. Highly recommend. They picked us up from the airport and arranged restaurant bookings for us score we arrived. Also my husband is gluten intolerant and they provided suitable breakfast bread and cakes without being asked, which was really appreciated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teriwidget
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review. It was a pleasure having you at our hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the welcome, facilities and most importantly the service to your liking.

I have passed on your very kind words to the great team I have here and do hope that you visit us once again very soon.

Kind regards,