“First Class Hotel”
Review of Hotel Pod Vezi

Hotel Pod Vezi
Ranked #2 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed May 9, 2014

What a very nice hotel we chose to stay at in Prague, I would recommend the maximilian hotel to anybody,
The staff were very helpful, when I asked at the reception if they could recommend a restaurant close by they recommended La Casa Argentina, without any prompting they immediately made my reservation for me , what a good choice, a really nice restaurant and meal.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Pod Vezi

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Pod Vezi in late March 2014 and it was the highlight of our two week trip to Switzerland, Austria, Germany and the Czech Republic. The location, at the entrance to the Charles River Bridge is incredible and is surpassed only by the wonderful service of the staff, especially Eva (Ava?) at the Front Desk. Thank you Hotel Pod Vezi

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2014

une situation exceptionnelle- une équipe au service de la clientèle et toujours au petit soin et qui cherche à rendre votre expérience de Prague la meilleure-une chambre toujours impeccable avec un personnel attentif et plein de bonnes intentions-un petit déjeuner succulent-enfin, des tas de services rendus qui nous ont fait gagner un temps précieux-Bravo!!
an outstanding position with all the main landmarks at your hands but amazingly quiet-a delicious breakfast to start off with, a staff always considerate and mindful that do their best to make the most of your experience in Prague-a spacious well-cleaned room- it was one of the best hotel we've ever been!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank philippe v
Reviewed May 7, 2014

What a wonderful experience we had in Prague, and at the Hotel Pod Vezi. The location is great, right off The Charles Bridge, between the castle and Old Prague. The rooms are very comfortable, every area of the hotel is clean and nice. The breakfast was very complete and enjoyable. The absolute best thing about the hotel, however, is the service. We have stayed at The Ritz Lisbon, and other great hotels known for service, and the Pod Vezi is on the same level. Everyone we encountered; front desk, housekeeping, and restaurant staff, was eager to help, cheerful, and willing to do anything we asked, including calling our flight carrier, to help work out a check-in issue. You will not go wrong in selecting the Hotel Pod Vezi. Should you encounter a problem it is either because you created it yourself, or nothing pleases you and you should stay home.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite, on the 2nd floor. It was large, well appointed and well lighted, with five w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gary306
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Out of all the hotels I've stayed in Europe to-date, this has by far been my favourite. Upon arrival, the friendly staff were a delight to talk to and were more than ready to make our stay one to remember. The room was spacious and well furnished, with a comfortable bed and well sized bathroom (and shower); as well as a complimentary bottle of water and portion of chocolates waiting for us. Breakfast in the morning was the most extensive and delicious spread I've had so far (hot and cold food, cereal, breads, juices and hot drinks), with a complimentary glass of sparkling wine to celebrate Easter Sunday. On our final night, myself and my partner arrived back to the room to find a complimentary bottle of sparking wine thanking us for our stay, as well as a magnet upon checkout. As if this all wasn't already too much, as a guest you receive 15% discount at the hotel restaurant and crêperie across the way from the hotel. WiFi access is both abundant and fast across all of the hotel (even in your room), and there are two computers available with free and unlimited internet access - as well as a printer which we used to print our boarding passes (free of charge).

Now for the location. When you walk out the front of the hotel, you are immediately faced with one of the two towers at Charles Bridge (yes, that is how close you are), to which you have free access as a guest at Hotel Pod Vezi (the tower at the opposite end of the bridge will charge you a small fee, but it is definitely worth it for the view at night). The hotel is well positioned, with Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, Old Town Square, Letna Park and St Wenceslas Square all within walking distance.

If you are planning to stay in Prague, I can do nothing but recommend this hotel for your stay. The only minor negative I would have to add is that there did not appear to be any air conditioning available in our room (which didn't matter in April). I'm not sure if that is because Prague has no need for air conditioning, or because it is only available to rooms in the other part of the hotel (we were across the way in their second hotel site), but if you are planning on going at a hotter time of the year I would definitely check if this amenity is available/required.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jaime_collins
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We spent 2 nights at this lovely hotel just after Easter weekend. The location is fantastic - at the foot of the Charles bridge on the castle side of Prague. We walked everywhere. Our triple room was very roomy and comfortable. The breakfast was very good.
We were especially happy with the very friendly and helpful staff. My husband was sick during our stay and they took extra care of us and helped us get medical attention.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a tower view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Hotel Pod Vezi is an amazing hotel.

We just arrived from Prague a few hours ago and I wanted to write this review as a thank you :-)
I have never stayed in a hotel that was "the whole package"…it's that good…
I liked everything about the hotel…the location is perfect – you can walk everywhere from the hotel. The room was big, clean and quiet. The service at the front desk was amazing…everyone was so nice and tried to help with any request…the breakfast was really good…also, you can eat lunch or dinner at the hotel restaurant and get 15% discount – we ate there and had a lovely time.
This hotel really thinks of the customers and it shows…
I could go on and on…just read all the other reviews – I'm glad I did...I had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple