Hotel Pod Vezi
$641
$499
Travelocity
3,091 results
All reviewscharles bridgethe main hotelannex buildingwaffle makersmall bottle of sparkling winefruit basketold townperfect locationhotel restaurantroof terracelittle touchesmala stranalesser townwonderful hotelhotel guestsprague castleroom was large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Could this be the best hotel in Prague? I can answer this question with one word YES. From the time we arrived (late due to a delay) to the last time we walked through the door we were treated perfectly. We had room number 34 which is VERY spacious and has beautiful views. The hotel is 30 steps from Charles Bridge (40 if you got little legs like me) and is a great base for sight seeing this stunning city. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I couldn't get the internet to work so phoned reception to explain. Within 5 minutes a gentleman came to the room and righted the problem. Nothing was to much for the staff. We were given lots of information which was greatly appreciated e.g. where to change money, trips etc.
We decided to eat in the restaurant for the first night as we were very tired .Not only was the food stunning but you have 15% discount. We loved the food so much that we ate there on the next night also. My husband ordered the Lamb Knuckle (shank) and I had the Wild Boar Goulash. I'm a fussy eater but loved the food. It is just the little actions that make your stay special .An example of this is that your coat would be put on a hanger and placed into a cupboard and when your meal was finished, the manager would collect your coat and hold it for you to put on. Everyday, when we got back to our room there was a gift left for us. Chocolate, fruit platter and a little bottle of wine and biscuits.Lovely touch. We were also given a voucher for free coffee and crepe.
I will be going back to Prague ONLY if there is room at POD VEZI!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: this is not a tip for a good room but please be aware!!!!!!If you use the public transport, we used the trams but you can also use the bus or metro PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU STAMP YOUR TICKET AS SOON AS YOU GET ON WHICH EVER TRANSPORT YOU USE!!!!! There are little yellow boxes that you need to place your ticket into to get it validated We didn't know this and an inspector tried to fine us 800 CZK (£27).
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michelle3663
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I spent a long weekend in this fabulous hotel with my 21 year-old daughter in January 2013. Having been to Prague many times on business and as a frequent traveller to the large chains, I was looking for a more "local" flavor for her first time in the city. THe reviews on Trip Advisor were so positive I thought I would try it out and was not disappointed. Large, clean rooms, great, central location, excellent restaurant, but most importantly, a truly welcoming staff that seemed sincerely concerned that we find our hotel experience, and indeed our Prague experience, to be a happy one. With no question i will return to this hotel the next time I am in Prague, including for business!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Geoffrey B
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Just returned from my 2nd stay at this lovely hotel. I can't recommend Hotel Pod Vezi more highly.

Perfect location being at the foot of the Charles Bridge and being equidistant between the Castle/Cathedral and the Old Town. (10 minute walks).

My friend and I were both given complimentary room upgrades on arrival. :-)
We were located in the main hotel which is perfect as we didn't need to go outside to reach the restaurant.
The bedrooms have just been refurbished and are of the highest quality. I had room 32 and would recommend it. Light, airy and quiet. The large beds are extremely comfortable with good quality bedding, the rooms are of perfect temperature (I don't like a stuffy or cold room), have plenty of storage, free inroom safe (use your own debit/credit card for swipe access), tea/coffee making facilities provided, large tv (already tuned in to BBC world service), plenty of chairs, side tables, good natural lighting. The bathroom is well equipped with power shower over the bath (though I did manage to turn mine into a wet room due the shower screen being quite small and me liking a powerful shower!), hairdryer, lots of complimentary toiletries which are restocked every day. Nice heated full length towel rail to warm up your towels and towelling dressing gown (provided). Free slippers were heaven to put on after trudging around the cobbled streets of Prague.

Every night we were left with a "little something" in the room. From a painted Easter egg and hand made chocolates, to handmade biscuits, a platter of prepared fruit and a small bottle of sparkling wine. A lovely touch and very much appreciated.

Free wifi to the rooms is provided. Mine became faulty but upon reporting it to reception, it was fixed immediately.

The restaurant is extremely good value, as residents you get 15% discount. Excellent quality and good service. Strong emphasis on local cuisine which I personally prefer.

The hotel will store your luggage for you before and after check in which allows you to maximise your time in Prague.

With regards to the Hotel Pod Vezi staff, they are FABULOUS! Young, professional, very friendly, warm and welcoming, perfect English. Nothing is too much effort for them. Real 5 star service from everyone. They make you feel wanted and special. A particular thank you to receptionist Martin C, for making the stay so enjoyable. He is an absolute gem!

I'll be back for a 3rd visit and I can honestly say that it's the staff and hotel that make staying in Prague so special.

Congratulation HPV, you are truly an exceptional hotel!

Room Tip: Room 32 is light and airy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LondonTgf
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Wheelchair accessible. I'll come and check in a view year later :)
Lily Anggreny, Germany

Room Tip: I enjoy staying at this hotel, it's super good, good breakfast, when we comeback at the night there were nice delicate food at our room's table, nice and best information from the hotel staff, especially Mr. Martin at the front desk, good service and best service from front desk for example, as my flight has been cancelled, Martin called/inform me at the Düsseldorf airport and prepare for my next shuttle service. It's an excellent service. I had never ever got this service from other hotel. I meant, if my flight has been cancelled, it's not interest for the hotel to inform me and called me in Germany (long distance from other country). Well I have no idea what is the best word for it, better then BEST :) If I visit Prag again, I will surely chose this Hotel Pod Vezi, Mostecka 58 / 2, Prague 118 00, Czech Republic, Last but not least, I still have a small Improvement for this hotel; it might be nice if there is a ramp for wheelchair, in front of the lift?? so the this will comfort disable guess to find the lift without help :) . Wheelchair accessible. I'll come and check in a view year later :) Anyway, its the only small proposal, only for disable guest. I think, the most guest are able body, so for the able body, the hotel is the best of the best :) Lily Anggreny, Germany
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 413LilyA
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed in seven cities and at a hotel in each - and this POD VEZI ('Under the Tower')was tops for service, quality and style. Ideally sited at the end of the famous, lengthy (and now totally pedestrian) Charles Bridge, we had the delight of an unexpected upgrade to a suite, and were then wonderfully treated and cared for during our three day stay. Martin on Reception was absolutely amazing - welcoming, good-humoured, informative, ever-helpful, and great to talk to! - he wins our European Tour Reception Award for 2013. The hotel itself is quiet, stylish, and very gracious. Not too big in terms of number of residents, but the room size is generous, with splendid fittings and facilities; and we also liked the little treats (fruit/champagne/cakes) we found we were given daily! In addition to the 15% discount in the attached restaurant and at the associated creperie round the corner, we loved the sense of being in the heart of Prague, but very exclusively secret. It would be impossible, we believe, to stay antywhere better in the fascinating city of Prague.

Room Tip: Talk to Martin or his colleagues!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple