“Relaxing and simple”
Review of Parkhotel Praha

Parkhotel Praha
Ranked #187 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My business partner and I travel to Prague nearly every month and are usually "required" to stay at the Hilton (because of our points) but we needed other accommodation for 2 nights in October, so we stayed at Parkhotel. It's nothing elaborate or extraordinary, but it is perfectly accommodating.

The breakfast is very filling and better than what you'll get at other places in Prague. The service is typically Central European...not overly warm or chatty but definitely willing to help, although we had several lovely chats with a Canadian/American(?) gentleman on staff at breakfast that made us feel really welcome and even recommended a movie theater since it was cold and rainy for the two days we were in Prague. The staff at the reception were also very helpful.

The rooms are comfortable and large enough, with nice views of Prague. I didn't care for the pillows, but they were nice enough. Shower temperature and pressure were also spot on.

Other pros of the hotel - quiet and relaxing...so many hotels in Prague have too much noise and bustle going on. Our company won't be doing business in Prague anymore, but I recommend Parkhotel to anyone visiting Prague (a fantastic city).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear M Fortino,

Thank you for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
I was very pleased to read your comments and will let Zach know that you appreciated him and his recommendation of movie theater.
We are in the process of soft upgrading of the rooms, and I will for sure add pillows to this as you are the second to advise me on this. Thank you!
If your business needs are changing and you are due to return to Prague, please do not hesitate to contact me or my team to make your next reservation.

There are newer reviews for Parkhotel Praha

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 5 night at the park hotel. The room was clean and big, and the staff are very helpful, and speak english well ( almost all of them). The breakfast buffet is amazing ,and there is plenty of food. Outside the hotel theres a tram station (1 minute walk) which will take you any where you need. And in the hotel theres a ticket machine so you dont have to search shops for a ticket. Oppsite the hotel there many nice places to eat (cheaper than the old town) and theres a super market nearby. we had an amazing time in prague, and having a nice clean room with wifi helps .

1  Thank jonifri
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Jonifri,
Thank you for reviewing Parkhotel Praha.
I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay in Prague and Parkhotel. My team will be very proud of themselves when I read your comment in our next team forum, especially since English lessons have been a focus in the hotel since the spring.
Breakfast is a very important meal and I'm glad that you have enjoyed our efforts of making this a pleasurable moment.
Since July we are offering free WiFi to all our guests for multiple devices and strong signal in all areas of the hotel as this is something we all need.
If you decide to come back to Prague or will send your friend to Prague, we would be delighted to welcome you back or take good care of your friends.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Better than we expected. Althogh the room was small by North American standards it was very clean & quiet. Could have had more blankets & pillows. Included breakfast was another pleasant surprise... extensive variety of food.

• Stayed: October 2013
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Graham,
Thank you for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
I'm so sorry to hear that you did not get enough blankets and pillows. I have asked Housekeeping to review what we have in the rooms to ensure there is sufficient numbers per room.
Im delighted to hear you appreciated our breakfast, as this has been one of our key focus areas since we bought the hotel earlier this year.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Parkhotel and Prague in the future.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My mother and I stayed in this hotel for five nights, and we had a great experience. It was quiet at night, so we never had any noise issues. The breakfast was outstanding! They had the typical European breakfast as well as an American style breakfast. There was a juice bar, coffee, pancakes, and the works. All personnel we encountered was friendly and accomodating. The hotel is also positioned just above the tram stop, which goes directly to Old Town and to two metro stations within minutes. Although the style is outdated, they are underway updating the hotel (as seen by signs posted around various parts of the place), so I'm sure it will look modern very soon. With all this and the great value of our stay, I will definitely stay here the next time I return to Prague!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Whitney S
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Whitney,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
I was delighted to read your comments and see that what we have been focusing on since we bought the hotel earlier this year is paying of; ie breakfast, service and cleanliness.
Please come and visit us again next year once we have updated the style of the hotel. I'm sure you will truly like it.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The hotel is really quite ugly on the outside. A rather large tower block with no character. First impressions were not positive. Three men sprawling on seats in front of reception, wearing no shoes or socks and feet resting across the table. Even if they were hotel guests, they should have been asked to be more polite. Only one of two lifts working. And so to my room. Quite small but sufficient for my short stay. However, there was a television straight from the mid 1980's with its enormous cathode tube and rather small screen. Had I gone back in time? The bed was comfortable but the pillows flat and lifeless. I wonder why most hotels care nothing about providing a decent, firm pillow? The en suite was VERY small, really cramped. The shower cubicle was awful; really small and tight. What aggravated this was the horrible soap and gel dispensers attached to the sink and the shower wall. I expect this in a low cost/budget hotel, not one which claims a 4* status. The towels. Oh, the towels! I imagine these made their first appearance in 1951; they didn't dry as much as to exfoliate! Fortunately, I brought my own. Having been singularly disappointed thus far, things picked up in the restaurant. The evening buffet dinner was excellent. Wonderful soup and choices for main course with an abundance of well cooked vegetables and a sweet which was a challenge to the weight sensitive. The area is rather urban but, being in a group, we found a small bar nearby in what looked like a cave. Be warned though: they still smoke in bars in Prague and that evokes memories of what our pubs were once like. Czech beer is rather good and too 'moorish'. This hotel is fine but a maximum of two days is all I would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear George W,
Thank you for your review of Parkhotel.
We bought the hotel earlier this spring and are step by step making upgrades to the hotel. For example we are replacing the elevators in order to give the guests better service; we have always two available for guests and one being replaced.
Regarding the people on the sofa's I have brought this point to my team, as I do agree with you that this is completely unacceptable.
During the coming months we are replacing the televisions, towels, linen and pillows.
One area we have spend extensive time in is breakfast and food in general; so I was happy to read your comments that you appreciate it.
When I took on the management of the hotel in March, the first thing I did was making the hotel 100% smoke free in all public areas, unfortunately Prague in general has not come to that level yet.
I hope that after we have done all the changes you will come and visit us again and see how we have changed and improved this icon building from the 60's into the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel has a great location and a good breakfast buffet included and that's it. The room was uncomfortable with very small beds for the standard and the mattress provided was very short. Also not to mention, it is starting a construction of a big building attached to the hotel, so expect for the next months ahead a lot of noise from the construction. The Staff provided good service and helped with many things, but the exchange rate offered by the hotel is at least 10% less than the average, so avoid using their currency exchange service. Another tip would be to avoid having breakfast too close to their closing time, as they will not ask you if you want something else, will take the buffet away in light-speed mode and maybe ask you to move to another place while you finish your breakfast (yes, that happened to me!).
Also if you use the Taxi company from the Airport, don't ask them to call you a taxi, as they work with another taxi provider and they refused to call a taxi for us because was not theirs. Also they don't have a gym in their facility, once again, not reflecting the standard for a 4 Star hotel.

Room Tip: Away from the Construction site
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HermitDruid
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Hermitdruid,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay.
We bought Parkhotel this year and are working hard on improving and changing the hotel, therefor am I very interested in your comments.
Our bedrooms are among the largest in size in Prague and the beds should be the same. I will investigate into your remark on mattresses, to ensure that our new mattresses that we are exchanging too are correct size.

The large land next to the hotel is intended to become a shopping center, however there has been no indication from the developers that they are ready to start the process. So I can confidentially say that there will not be any noise in the foreseeable future.

Thank you for your comments on the breakfast hours, we just extended the breakfast until 10.30 daily to give a better service to our guests who would like a more relaxed breakfast. I will reinforce this with the team to ensure that they are closing down slowly and more focus on care for the last breakfast guests.

I read your comment on exchange rates and we are using the standard recommended rate given by Czech National Bank which sounds strange if it would be higher than independent exchange offices. I'm sorry you did not feel that our rates were in line- so I will investigate further.

The taxi company we are offering is a preferred choice due to the lower fixed rates we have been guaranteed to most key destinations around Prague; including the airport. However, of course we should call who ever you would like to travel with.

According the EU star rating we do not need to have gym facilities, however I agree with you, it would be a very good added value for clients to have gym and maybe even a spa. Things we are considering as we are improving and changing many things in Parkhotel.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write and I will ensure that your comments are given to all relevant departments together wtth some very specifc targets.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a fairly good experience while staying here at the Park... its a bit away but right opposite is a station to take you anywhere you want to go!

Rooms are fairly good... Food can be a problem especially vegetarian, but you have some good options on the road opposite the hotel...

Good value for money!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear UltimateDest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Parkhotel. I am very happy to see that you overall appreciated your stay.

Our location is with tram less than 8 min to the city centre, during the tram ride you have beautiful surroundings and view of the Vltava river and the Prague castle.

On the lunch and dinner menu we have 1 or 2 options daily for vegetarians, however I will ask the Chef to make these dishes more creative and less focused on salad and vegetables.

Again, thank you for your comments and I hope we will have toe opportunity to welcome you back to Prague and Parkhotel in the future.