See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 12, 2015

sure good for more than 2-times,if U like Praag I recommend famely-Pension Vysohlid Praha-5...frendly,generous and royal..,they are open for all your questions and advises ,quite-rooms no bad noices,nice shopping-centres in the neberhood,Greetje & Rex

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank remy240
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My family stayed at this lovely Pension somewhere around in early June this year (2012). Despite being seasoned travelers, staying at a Pension was somewhat of a novel experience for us, but we would definitely try it again thanks to this very positive experience.

The owner is a family, with a loving mother and her 2 adult daughters, one of which was Yanna. She was exceedingly helpful with everything, especially when we only spoke English. The breakfasts made each day were personable and lovely, and changed everyday. The place was basic but clean, and surprisingly very well maintained and liveable. The free wifi was also pretty reliable, and there was a common computer at the sitting/breakfast room downstairs that we could use to print stuff like boarding passes and bus tickets. It felt like home because Yanna and her mother treated us with heart and concern, going out of their way, despite their less-than-exemplary command of the English language, to suggest ways to travel, sights to see, how to go about seeing each sights to maximise the time in the city and even helping us to book bus tickets to our next destination to Budapest. I couldn't have asked for more. Knowing that we had an early journey ahead of us, the friendly mother even packed a very comprehensive breakfast with snacks and fruits on top of baugettes and a huge bottle of water to send us off at 5 in the morning. I honestly couldn't have asked for more.

Yes, the location is quite a bit away from the city but there was always the metro and getting to the city centre was a mere half hour journey by public transport. It's a very quiet neighbourhood and safe with other pensions in the area, and a small restaurant with a few supermarkets at the nearest metro station at Luka (or Luziny). But for the price... it was really well worth it. Best value for money, ever, along with a heartwarming personable experience that made my short 4 days in prague a highly memorable one.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2006

Stayed in Pension Vysohlid in 1999 ( I know its been a very long time ago).
Our stay there was the best one I had as I really felt at home there. The breakfast is something that I'd looked forward to every morning.
The hosts were very friendly and helpful. It is an experience which I never forgot - until now.

• Stayed: April 1999