“Good place to stay for short city or business trip”
Review of Expo

Expo
Ranked #453 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Trencin, Slovakia
“Good place to stay for short city or business trip”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel isn't bad for short business or city trip. Staff was friendly and helpful. It is not located in the city centre, however its about 5 min walking distance from subway station, so you can get to the city centre in about 15 min. Its quite easy to get there by car and hotel has indoor parking facilities (€15.00 / day). Its located near Exhibition Centre and Ice Hockey stadium (Tipsport Arena).
Rooms aren't bad. Breakfast and restaurant was Ok. I didn't like Old TV and fridge. Rest was OK.
Hotel doesn't have any welness/ sport facilities. The only problem I encountered was internet / wifi, which didn't work for 4 days, and saff was "unable" to do anything about it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
vilnius
Reviewed November 3, 2013

First of all it's not 4 star hotel - that is for sure. They badly need renovation on almost everything. I don't remember when was the last time I saw TV set and phone that old in any hotel (maybe it was just our room).
Wi-FI was not working throughout all our weekend stay :-(. Staff was giving some promises that it would be fixed, but it never happened.
If you take taxi to airport don't be fooled by the reception that it's fixed price 600 CZK. Just ask them to order regular taxi (e.g. AAA) and pay by the meter. That would be no more than 450 CZK.
Breakfast was OK and I guess that was the only OK thing in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Prague hotels

Constanta, Romania
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Not 4 stars but ok. Spacious rooms with old furniture about. I do not know what reminds me of communist era. Breakfast is normal. We were there in summer 2012. They had a terrace that could stay only if you were not afraid of wasps / bees. They had a small playground with sand, which made the delight of our children.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bdana05
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We are staying in this hotel as a meeting point to begin a cycling tour back to Germany. As we are active we liked the walk into the city etc. Two points of disadvantage are its proximity to a very busy rail line extremely noisy at the front rooms also pillows are really really thin but if you like a thin pillow all would be good. Great variety of food at breakfast but the staff at brekky could be a little more enthusiastic.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank 24plover
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We've found a good deal for this hotel on booking.com and we were not dissapointed.
The hotel is clean and the staff was very nice. Except the cleaning lady, everyone else speaks English so we had no problems to talk to the hotel's staff.
The breakfast choise was vaste for any standards. I also enjoyed the food served at the restaurant although, for me personaly, it would have been nicer if I could have found lighter food in the menu (more salads and soups).
The room was spacious and clean although the furniture seems prety old and the 15 inch tv is dissapointing for a 4* hotel. The bathroom was clean and I liked the fact that the toilet was separated by the rest of the bathroom. I also loved that we had wired and wireless internet connection free of charge available in the room. The view out the window was towards the hokey stadium, so it was not that pleasant but, since I looked out the window only in the morning when I've opened it and in the night when I've closed it, I did not see this as a problem.
The location of the hotel is prety far from the city center but it has very good connections by tram or metro. You can buy tickets at the reception. At first I was quite scared of the area where the hotel is located but the receptionist reassured me that I don't have to worry about anything. I had no unplesant experiences no matter how late I came back to the hotel.
If you travel by car, you can park in the hotel's garrage. It's a little pricy but it is guarded so I guess is well worth it.
The hotel might use a swiming pool or a fitness center, but I'm just being picky.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed for a week with my family.Well it's a nice hotel to sleep in & have breakfast.

There isn't much to do at the hotel other than eating and sleeping.The TV is like 15 inch or something and have few channels some in English other in Czech and other languages.

Stayed in double room, the rooms aren't that spacious but they are good, clean & the furniture is of modern style.Room service managed to keep the room very clean and supplied us with fresh clean towels & shower gels and these stuff every day.

The food: well I only had breakfast at the hotel.I have to say that if you will stay for like a few days then you will have no problems.The food is of a very good variety & too much items to choose from.Also all kinds of hot drinks are available as well as fresh juices.However in my case because I stayed for a week, you will end up eating the same stuff every day, it's delicious but it gets boring even with this wide variety.

Location and reaching the hotel: I'd advise you take a taxi.In our case, we took public transportation.It's just one ticket per person to take all kinds of transportation.Firstly we had to take a bus for like 30 mins from the airport to the underground then @ the underground we take a underground in 1 direction then you have to stop at a station and take another underground then you take a tram.We didn't get lost but reaching the hotel was very tiring really.Took like almost an hour.So take a taxi though it's quite expensive.

The hotel also isn't really near any of the activities you'd want to see.Not near a historic place or attraction or mall etc etc so you would need to take the tram to go to any attraction(The tram is the nicest transportation you can get in prague).However there is a very nice wide park next to the hotel.It's very calm and if the weather is nice you will for sure would like to stay there for some epic relaxation.There is also a supermarket a very few steps from the hotel & ummm some local bars but I don't recommend any of them.

Reception: Staff there were really awesome.They noticed how tired we are so they let us check-in before it was time to check-in and it took not more than 5 mins to do the check-in.They provide you with free maps and guides to prague & they will gladly help you with there personal experience on which places to go to enjoy attractions or do some shopping.They also didn't mind bringing in some food we got from a local supermarket near the hotel.

Activities: Literally nothing to do at the hotel, even their lobby is quite quite small.

Internet: It depends.It's for free but like if you are at night and everyone is in the hotel it won't be fast at all.But it's still good for some texting.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that are with the "Stadium view".There is a closed ice hockey stadium right ne...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ebram s
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed July 11, 2013

With a caveat to the title, the hotel is marked as a four star but the bedrooms are not. It looks modern on the outside and the public spaces are good, with some really nice statues that make it a little fun and quirky. The breakfast buffet was very good, even by European and American standards, with a big choice with hot, cold, fruit, etc. It was nice to sit outside on the patio for breakfast and in the evening with a beer. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, and the reception is 24 hour. We were there the week after the bad flooding and the gentleman on evening/night duty whilst we were there was extremely helpful, he was constantly checking for updates on the bus routes, metro so he could pass on the latest and correct information to people staying at the hotel. The hotel is a short walk from the tram with a number of trams that take you straight into Wenceslas Square and other central locations.
We booked a suite as we had my niece with us. Not a bad configuration and the rooms (sitting room with sliding dividing partition and bedroom) were a decent size. There was free wi fi and a fridge. Down side, parking is a bit expensive (but it is underground and secure), and the rooms away from the public areas are a little shabby and run down, the toilet and bathroom are separate and for a suite for 2-4 people, it would be nice to have the option of a second toilet at least. Hence my comment on when is a four star not a four star – when the bedrooms are a little worse for wear and tired. If the hotel would spend a bit of money and refurbish the rooms then I think they could be a lot better. However, that does not detract from the value of the place overall. Another note, it is next door to the most amazing late 1800 expo center, do yourself a favor if you stay at the Expo and wander through the grounds of the expo center next door it is a treasure – somewhat run down but still a jewel of Art Nouveau. I went there on the Sunday morning when it was deserted and it was (with a tweak of imagination) a step back in time.
We have been to Prague many times, but this is the first time we have stayed in this area - there are a couple of local restaurants and a small store for water etc. on the main road with the tram stops (hotel sells tram tickets_

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends