“not 4 stars”
Review of Expo

Expo
Ranked #408 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Not 4 stars but ok. Spacious rooms with old furniture about. I do not know what reminds me of communist era. Breakfast is normal. We were there in summer 2012. They had a terrace that could stay only if you were not afraid of wasps / bees. They had a small playground with sand, which made the delight of our children.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bdana05
There are newer reviews for Expo

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We are staying in this hotel as a meeting point to begin a cycling tour back to Germany. As we are active we liked the walk into the city etc. Two points of disadvantage are its proximity to a very busy rail line extremely noisy at the front rooms also pillows are really really thin but if you like a thin pillow all would be good. Great variety of food at breakfast but the staff at brekky could be a little more enthusiastic.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank 24plover
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We've found a good deal for this hotel on booking.com and we were not dissapointed.
The hotel is clean and the staff was very nice. Except the cleaning lady, everyone else speaks English so we had no problems to talk to the hotel's staff.
The breakfast choise was vaste for any standards. I also enjoyed the food served at the restaurant although, for me personaly, it would have been nicer if I could have found lighter food in the menu (more salads and soups).
The room was spacious and clean although the furniture seems prety old and the 15 inch tv is dissapointing for a 4* hotel. The bathroom was clean and I liked the fact that the toilet was separated by the rest of the bathroom. I also loved that we had wired and wireless internet connection free of charge available in the room. The view out the window was towards the hokey stadium, so it was not that pleasant but, since I looked out the window only in the morning when I've opened it and in the night when I've closed it, I did not see this as a problem.
The location of the hotel is prety far from the city center but it has very good connections by tram or metro. You can buy tickets at the reception. At first I was quite scared of the area where the hotel is located but the receptionist reassured me that I don't have to worry about anything. I had no unplesant experiences no matter how late I came back to the hotel.
If you travel by car, you can park in the hotel's garrage. It's a little pricy but it is guarded so I guess is well worth it.
The hotel might use a swiming pool or a fitness center, but I'm just being picky.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed for a week with my family.Well it's a nice hotel to sleep in & have breakfast.

There isn't much to do at the hotel other than eating and sleeping.The TV is like 15 inch or something and have few channels some in English other in Czech and other languages.

Stayed in double room, the rooms aren't that spacious but they are good, clean & the furniture is of modern style.Room service managed to keep the room very clean and supplied us with fresh clean towels & shower gels and these stuff every day.

The food: well I only had breakfast at the hotel.I have to say that if you will stay for like a few days then you will have no problems.The food is of a very good variety & too much items to choose from.Also all kinds of hot drinks are available as well as fresh juices.However in my case because I stayed for a week, you will end up eating the same stuff every day, it's delicious but it gets boring even with this wide variety.

Location and reaching the hotel: I'd advise you take a taxi.In our case, we took public transportation.It's just one ticket per person to take all kinds of transportation.Firstly we had to take a bus for like 30 mins from the airport to the underground then @ the underground we take a underground in 1 direction then you have to stop at a station and take another underground then you take a tram.We didn't get lost but reaching the hotel was very tiring really.Took like almost an hour.So take a taxi though it's quite expensive.

The hotel also isn't really near any of the activities you'd want to see.Not near a historic place or attraction or mall etc etc so you would need to take the tram to go to any attraction(The tram is the nicest transportation you can get in prague).However there is a very nice wide park next to the hotel.It's very calm and if the weather is nice you will for sure would like to stay there for some epic relaxation.There is also a supermarket a very few steps from the hotel & ummm some local bars but I don't recommend any of them.

Reception: Staff there were really awesome.They noticed how tired we are so they let us check-in before it was time to check-in and it took not more than 5 mins to do the check-in.They provide you with free maps and guides to prague & they will gladly help you with there personal experience on which places to go to enjoy attractions or do some shopping.They also didn't mind bringing in some food we got from a local supermarket near the hotel.

Activities: Literally nothing to do at the hotel, even their lobby is quite quite small.

Internet: It depends.It's for free but like if you are at night and everyone is in the hotel it won't be fast at all.But it's still good for some texting.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that are with the "Stadium view".There is a closed ice hockey stadium right ne...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ebram s
Reviewed July 11, 2013

With a caveat to the title, the hotel is marked as a four star but the bedrooms are not. It looks modern on the outside and the public spaces are good, with some really nice statues that make it a little fun and quirky. The breakfast buffet was very good, even by European and American standards, with a big choice with hot, cold, fruit, etc. It was nice to sit outside on the patio for breakfast and in the evening with a beer. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, and the reception is 24 hour. We were there the week after the bad flooding and the gentleman on evening/night duty whilst we were there was extremely helpful, he was constantly checking for updates on the bus routes, metro so he could pass on the latest and correct information to people staying at the hotel. The hotel is a short walk from the tram with a number of trams that take you straight into Wenceslas Square and other central locations.
We booked a suite as we had my niece with us. Not a bad configuration and the rooms (sitting room with sliding dividing partition and bedroom) were a decent size. There was free wi fi and a fridge. Down side, parking is a bit expensive (but it is underground and secure), and the rooms away from the public areas are a little shabby and run down, the toilet and bathroom are separate and for a suite for 2-4 people, it would be nice to have the option of a second toilet at least. Hence my comment on when is a four star not a four star – when the bedrooms are a little worse for wear and tired. If the hotel would spend a bit of money and refurbish the rooms then I think they could be a lot better. However, that does not detract from the value of the place overall. Another note, it is next door to the most amazing late 1800 expo center, do yourself a favor if you stay at the Expo and wander through the grounds of the expo center next door it is a treasure – somewhat run down but still a jewel of Art Nouveau. I went there on the Sunday morning when it was deserted and it was (with a tweak of imagination) a step back in time.
We have been to Prague many times, but this is the first time we have stayed in this area - there are a couple of local restaurants and a small store for water etc. on the main road with the tram stops (hotel sells tram tickets_

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The main reason for choosing this hotel was that the 110 anniversary celebration party in Prague of the Harley Owners Group, which was held in the Tipsport Arena Praha 7, next door.

I've travelled to Prague every year for the past 20 years. Usually I have stayed in Prague 6 area of the city. As a consequence I know Prague quite well but I've never really travelled in the Prague 7 area. I booked on-line and found it easy and convenient.

The hotel is modern, clean and efficient. WIFI is free, breakfast is included and there is secure parking at a modest fee.

The hotel Expo is not near the centre but there is only a short walk to the nearby tram stop. A 24kc ticket will take you down to the old town and Wenceslas Square quickly. Tram's were plentiful and provided a brilliant transport network. The underground stations that link in with the trams were flooded only for the second time in twenty years when I was there but there were more trams laid on in compensation.

The hotel was clean and pleasantly furnished. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. All those who I met on reception spoke good English. My room was very spacious with a well stocked mini bar.

My room had WIFI but the connection was poor, however, there was a Ethernet connection in the room so connecting to the internet ceased to be a problem.

I stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and found breakfast very good with ample choice both hot and cold. I even made up sandwiches for later in the day. There was cut fruit laid on at breakfast but no whole fruit that you could take away. There is however a mini mart just over the road that you can buy bottled water and fruit in at reasonable price. To buy this in the city centre would have been much more expensive.

I did not eat in but the menu in the restaurant and the food that I saw being served looked of a very high standard, the restaurant was always very busy. Yes I would stay at this hotel again,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank WandererFXRSC88
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Before I write anything about the facilities of the hotel, I'd like to say this stay has been the worst experience of my life!

I have travelled far and wide since childhood and have never seen/met any receptionist as rude and utterly audacious as at this hotel. Having asked for the room keys, not sure how the confusion happened but this lady handed over keys of another room. When I said to her these aren't my room keys, she snapped back in the most ungracious way saying "I just asked you!". Finally, when she got the correct keys, she decided to throw them at the desk, at my husband!!!! That triggered a few heated responses from me! But totally unabashed that she was, she just sat there with a smirk on her face!

After a couple of hours of retiring into the room when we went back to confront her, this lady with that same smirk, simply kept nodding. She was cheeky enough to say we could speak to her manager and that she had done nothing wrong and did not owe us an apology! Can you beat that...She's throwing keys around and saying she's done nothing wrong!?! I wonder if she had slapped one of us, would she have been wrong then!?! My goodness...We just couldn't believe that she had no regret or remorse for what she had done and she had the audacity to say that we could complain to the manager. Did that mean that the hotel manager would just simply let it go? Ridiculous!!! Never again would I step in this hotel let alone recommending it to friends or family.

When we checked in we were well received but am sorry to say that this experience ruined everything for us and we couldn't care about anything any more!

But I'd be honest with my feedback. So coming to the facilities, the room was good. So was the bath. WC was separate which was good too. Bed was made everyday and the room cleaned.

Breakfast was ok. Not a lot of options for vegetarians.

Location of the hotel isn't too bad. If you're not taking a taxi from the airport then coming to the hotel would involve hopping on to the airport express bus (AE) to Hlvani Nadrazi, metro train; Line C (Hlvani Nadrazi to Nadrazi Holesovice) and a tram; No. 12 (Nadrazi Holesovice to Vystaviste). It's a little walk from the tram stop (Vystaviste) to the hotel.

A little out, it is well connected with the city center. Day tram numbers 12, 17, 24 and late night tram 53 can be used to get there. Late at night the area is a little deserted but it didn't appear unsafe, for it is well-lit. There's a mini market near the tram stop which is open till 10.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple