“Rude people... Non accommodating.”

Orea Hotel Pyramida
Ranked #204 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last new years. Made the reservation well in advance for a double. When I arrived I was in the system as a single. No attempt was made to get me into a double as I paid for. And New Years so I couldnt very well find another hotel within city limits on such short notice. The women at the front desk was extremely rude. Girlfriend and I stayed in a single. Repeatedly had to ask for extra towels which they didnt want to give to a single bedroom. Long story short... I wont recommend this hotel to anyone nor will I return there. Prague is beautiful, Orea horrible!

• Stayed: January 2013
Zdenek_Hlinsky_GM, Director of Sales at Orea Hotel Pyramida, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Mr. C-dantz,

Thank you for your message. We very much appreciate your comments on your experience at OREA Hotel Pyramida Prague Castle. We are happy to receive feedback so that in the future we can delight our guests even more.

Regarding Your room. As stated on your confirmation of booking made 22. Dec. 2012 from venere.com you reserved 1 Standard Single Room for two nights. And same room type was reserved for you in our system. Unfortunately due to big demand for rooms on NYE. We cannot offer you instead reserved single room double room. All hotel rooms was sold. We make our best to provide maximum service also during busiest period during year. We allow to accommodate your girlfriend in SINGLE room either this is not common.

We would like to apology that You was not satisfied with behavior of our staff. We would like You assure that we are still working on training's for improving staff behavior as our priority.

Do not hesitate to contact me personally to discuss Your case.

Michal Manis
DOS

There are newer reviews for Orea Hotel Pyramida

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were a little bit worried after reading some reviews and also when we saw the building itself. But after entering the hotel we were surprised. The hall with reception is completely new and the lobby looked very good. We have booked the Superior room which supposed to be in the higher floors. We got a room in the highest floor with a beautiful view on Prague Castle. So this was really amazing.

The room was comfortable and nice and the price was very good for this room (Wi-Fi included, facility for making coffee and tea also).

The breakfast was good, hot and cold buffet where everyone will choose. The location of this hotel is perfect for the access to Prague Castle and then to the historic centre of the city. You can walk, it is not far. To the new parts of the city there is a tram which stops right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Zdenek_Hlinsky_GM, General Manager at Orea Hotel Pyramida, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Georg P.,

I look forward to hearing from you soon and welcoming you again to the ”Hundred Spires City” and OREA Hotel Pyramida Prague Castle.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

in the begining I was worry after reading some reviews, thinking that I overpayed that hotel. when I arrived it was very nice sorprice. the hotel is clean, very good located( the tram nr 22 is moving through all city/ coming every 15min- walking down to center takes 15 minutes- perfect view) . the room is exacly the same like on above picture. there is a kettler and tee and cofee free for guests. the breakfast offer at least 4 hot meals and the tipical cold stuffs, very good coffe, nice cakes. I enjoyed the time there.

Room Tip: I have booked the cheapes twings room. the only thing that wifi wasnt included in that price.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doro_68888
Zdenek_Hlinsky_GM, General Manager at Orea Hotel Pyramida, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Doro_68888,

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback on your recent stay. We very much appreciate your nice comments on your experience at OREA Hotel Pyramida Prague Castle.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have recently spent 3 nights at this hotel while attending a conference in Prague. I took a room in level 7, which belongs to the renovated part, and it was perfectly fine. It was quiet, I could work and the wifi functioned very well the first two days, more patchy the third one. The bathroom is compact and lacking some water pressure but still on tolerable side. Breakfast was only okay, the bread was really very cheap and unappetizing. The hotel is very well located for using public transport, with tram 22 stopping essentially in front of the main entrance. In 10 minutes you are downtown in Malostranska. I also used the hotel transfer to be picked up at the airport, which was very efficient and reasonably priced. Less impressive was the taxi I took to leave the hotel to an address in the second district. That was almost 200 ck more than the fare the taxi fare calculator has just indicated. It may be worth to arrange the fare ahead if using a driver from the hotel.

Over all, a hotel for a business stay, I would not recommended it for a leisure stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to be in the renovated part of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Susana F.,

Thank you for your stay at the OREA Hotel Prague and for taking the time to give us your positive comments. We're sorry you did not like either one of our bread for breakfast. We offer a total of eight kinds of pastries and constantly trying to vary our offer.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I was staying in this hotel because a conference took place there, otherwise I would not have gone there. This is a run-down place that airs the charme of a 70ies building of the communist era. This could mean that the management makes a special effort to make this hotel more attrative. This is not so, however. 15 Euros per day for the internet (I sincerely dislike that) says it all.

• Stayed: August 2012
Zdenek_Hlinsky_GM, General Manager at Orea Hotel Pyramida, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Karlkoreander,

Hotel Pyramida was built in the eighties. And since then has undergone many renovations. For example, last year's reconstruction rooms and conference facilities. We also have currently a new hotel lobby.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

In a city as beautiful as Prague, it is a shame to find this hotel. I didn't chose it. I found a super cheap package deal and the hotel was arranged by the travel agent. If I were free to pick a hotel, I would have picked a 2 or 3 stars hotel that looks like the old Prague buildings in order to feel and live the city.

We stayed at room 325. It was like being beamed to 1990s when I saw the furniture and smelled the very old air. Don't be fooled by the room pics you will se on the official webpage. Curtains were so unable to provide shade in the room. They must be some superior rooms which I did not see at all. Building is also so ugly and what the hell a pyramide is doing at the heart of Prague?

Breakfast is OK even for our family who thinks breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Location is perfect. 20 minutes walk to Charles Bridge. It's on a hill, so it is not easy to walk back from the center.

Room Tip: Room 325 is not good at all.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TErdengi

Dear Mr. Erdengi,

OREA Hotel Pyramid has after the total or partial reconstruction more than half of the rooms. Rooms which still waiting for the reconstruction are using our partners travel agencies currently for their special offers for clients who are sensitive to price. For the next visit definitely recommend to book a Superior Room or Business. Are 5,6,7,8 and 9 floor. They look exactly like at the pictures.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Price is very interesting. The hotel has a very good connection with the city centre (+- 15 minutes by tramway). The building starts to be a little bit old but is clean. The breakfast is variated and quality more than acceptable. Negative points: some people at the reception are quite unfriendly and not cooperative + wifi fees too expensive... considering that it's a 4-star hotel it should be included!! Access to Spa and Swimming Pool seems to be for VIP only... no mention or price list visible at the hotel. You have to ask at the reception but... not much cooperation. Whatever, I would go back!!

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We very much appreciate your comments on your experience at OREA Hotel Pyramida Prague Castle.

We are glad that you were satisfied with our breakfast. We put a lot of emphasis on breakfast, we understand that for many guests the most important meal of the day is Breakfast. We constantly strive to improve and implement a range of comments on the range and choice from our guests.

For avoiding charging internet costs we would suggest to reserve Business or Superior room category where is internet for free. And even for guests in rooms Business is a swimming pool for free