Orea Hotel Pyramida
$135
$80
Travelocity
1,221 results
All reviewstram stopprague castleticket machinepiccolo mondoswimming pooltakes you straightold townnice hoteltram numbercity centrebig hotelcharles bridgestrahov monasterypetrin towerbit datedlobby barpublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We've stayed for 4 nights in JULY 2013 , and over the weekend.Modern hotel, very good maintanance, big and quiet room, all the facilities.Excelent brakfast and service,Location in a quiet part of PRAGUE, but the transportation to city center and back by tram is immidiate and very good. We are defenetely comming back!

Room Tip: top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank halfin
Zdenek_Hlinsky_GM, General Manager at Orea Hotel Pyramida, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Halfin,

Thank you for your message. We very much appreciate your comments on your experience at OREA Hotel Pyramida Prague Castle. We are happy to receive feedback so that in the future we can delight our guests even more.

Thank you for your stay at the OREA Hotel Prague and for taking the time to give us your positive comments.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and welcoming you again to the ”Hundred Spires City” and OREA Hotel Pyramida Prague Castle.

Yours sincerely,

Zdenek Hlinský

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I spent only one business night in OREA Hotel Pyramida and was very nice. The guy in front desk seems to me annoyed and rude. And next time I will definitely tell him he is only front desk guy!! Room was clean and quiet. I can not tell if it is worth the money because company pay it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mr. dzordzdzordz,

We would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We very much appreciate your comments on your experience at OREA Hotel Pyramida Prague Castle.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

the hotel and bedroom were nicely furnished and comfortable, most of the staff were good and helpful except for one woman, who gave us wrong information, and the wrong keycard to our room, and when we went back down to told her, she was very annoyed with us and threw the keycard away and gave us another one without an apology, but with a barely hidden snarl. She also gave us the wrong info about wifi, telling us we only had 15 mins. and it could only be used on one device in the cafe lobby, and if we wanted more, we would hve to pay. We were later told this was incorrect, and we could hve free wifi in the room anytime during our stay. This woman could hve cost us money on wifi when we didn't hve to. The rest of the staff were very nice, especialy a young male trainee. Also, this woman was the only staff member who did not hve a name badge. And the waiter at the cafe/bar was also rather rude, service was curt, and everything was slammed down onto your table. And the nice restaurant which was one of the reasons why we chose this hotel was closed during our stay.

Room Tip: make sure you don't get the nasty receptionist
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank andre k
Zdenek_Hlinsky_GM, General Manager at Orea Hotel Pyramida, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Mr. Andre K.,

We would like to apology that You was not satisfied with behavior of our staff. We would like You assure that we are still working on trainings for improving staff behavior as our priority. And these staff members will be trained ASAP

Anyway it is nice to hear that you enjoyed well our newly reconstructed business rooms.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Pros:

1. The room was quiet. I'm not sure if this is because the hotel wasn't very booked or if the soundproofing is really good - I think it's the latter, i.e. thick walls.

2. The beds, although narrow, had comfortable mattresses. It would have been nice to have a top sheet though (there was only a bottom fitted sheet and a duvet quilt). Pillow was comfortable.

3. The internet connection was fairly good, and free (at least with the package I bought; I don't think this is true for all packages but not sure).

4. Although the hotel is outside of the tourist part of the city, it is right next to a very easy to use tram line. Take bus #22, which comes along frequently, for about 10 minutes, and you're right next to Charles Bridge.

5. The restaurants out by the hotel are cheaper because it's not the tourist section, and you get a taste of 'non-touristy' Prague. There are also convenience marts/grocery stores within easy walking distance (~2-3 blocks).

Cons:

1. Huge Con: The A/C didn't work well (only a very tiny stream of semi-cold air), and the room became very hot even though the outside temperature was only ~65 degrees during the day (I cannot imagine what it would be like during the summer). Even on "full blast", both my roommate and I woke up sweating bullets at 4am and neither of us could get back to sleep. The room basically turns into a heat-box and was consistently hot + uncomfortable, ~80-85 degrees.

2. The room faced the sunrise and became bright as day at 5am. The curtains were not enough to block out much light. They need to install blackout curtains (which would also help keep the room from heating up so much).

3. The hotel is showing its age (mostly on the outside, the rooms were fairly well appointed).

4. No bureau / very limited storage space for clothing.

5. The front desk staff was not helpful - when I checked in, they were annoyed to be bothered from their personal conversation to give me a room key, and even more so when I asked for directions about the tram. That being said, there was one specific guy later on who was actually quite nice (younger man, brown hair - he was very helpful and friendly).

6. They tried to overcharge on check-out. I had prepaid 392 euros for my entire stay, and the woman behind the counter ("Romana") tried to charge me 500+ euros. I immediately produced a receipt that I had brought with me showing the price was 392 euros and yet she was still quite rude - it was strange. Even more strangely, I could see her receipt for my stay, which she pulled out of a folder behind the counter, and it also said 392 euros. Her behavior left a very bad impression.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the side away from sunrise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MPecas
Zdenek_Hlinsky_GM, General Manager at Orea Hotel Pyramida, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Mpecas,

We would like to apology that You was not satisfied with our AC. Unfortunately there was failure.

Concerning alleged room overpriced. We checked situation and thing is that you reserve room with 1 person occupancy. And for check-in came two person. So receptionist changed in our system nr. of persons and system changed price per room. There is difference between one and two person in the room. Receptionist by CH/O deduct difference from you bill. Unfortunately, she did not sufficiently explain the situation to you why this happened.

We would like to apology that You was not satisfied with behavior of our staff. We would like You assure that we are still working on training for improving staff behavior as our priority.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel was great - we were on the 4th floor and had free WiFi (the hotel offers WiFi for a certain amount of money, so we were probably just lucky getting free WiFi in range). The breakfast was great, has what any other regular breakfasts at hotels have to offer. The hotel is located 2 minutes walking from a tram station (line 22 I think), which takes you straight to the city center in only 15 minutes. Also, there's a tram ticket machine right near the hotel entrance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gal S

Dear Gal S,

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback on your recent stay. We very much appreciate your nice comments on your experience at OREA Hotel Pyramida Prague Castle.