“Average hotel with good location”

Orea Hotel Pyramida
Ranked #227 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Average hotel with good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I'd probably book this hotel again, mostly due to location. My single room was OK until I looked around behind curtains, balcony ... it looks like it's still unfinished building or that it was made by famous Czech cartoon characters Pat&Mat. Anyway I've been to worse 4 star hotels in Prague.
I am very familiar with Prague and Czech language, maybe that's why communication with staff was more or less normal, but dull faces unable to provide smile in reception are not making nice atmosphere at all. Unfortunately you have to communicate with them quite often, because rooms are not cleaned regularly etc. In my case it happened 3 times in 5 days; once I arranged it by myself meeting lady with trolley some rooms away.
Besides overpriced internet is very bothering, if not dangerous, that you need hotel room card, even if you want to use stairs and not only elevator and when you are in a hurry makes you feeling you are in prison and not hotel.

5 Thank 24LiZa
Zdenek_Hlinsky_GM, General Manager at Orea Hotel Pyramida, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you so much for staying at the OREA Hotel Pyramida Prague Castle and posting this review. I would like to apologize if we were unable to satisfy all your expectations during your stay. Nevertheless your opinion is very helpful and valuable for us to identify areas for improvements in our services.
The necessity of using the Room key card to use lift is special service to our guests and their security, this is usual in many hotels with high security standard. Card is needed only in way up to the floor. To the restaurant and reception is not necessary also to use stairs in way down.

Zdenek Hlinský
General Manager,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews on here I was rather anxious about how bad this hotel was going to be. I am guessing most of the reviewers stayed here because they got a good deal, just like we did. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this place - you simply get what you pay for! Our room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was more than adequate, it sells tram tickets right outside the front door, the tram stop is a 30 second walk away and a bottle of wine in the hotel bar is approx £10. Job done.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank helenbird
Zdenek_Hlinsky_GM, General Manager at Orea Hotel Pyramida, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We very much appreciate your comments on your experience at OREA Hotel Pyramida Prague Castle. We value your opinion which helps us to identify areas for improvements as well as guiding us in improving our service.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Really nice stay although had noisy neighbours. Hotel staff was helpful with directions. Only thing is pool is expensive and only allowed to use for an hour it is just a basic pool not that big. And room for a 4 star hotel the room was out dated needs a lick of paint other then that good stay.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We very happy that you enjoyed your stay at OREA Hotel Pyramida Prague Castle.

Fee for entrance to the pool is 4 eur. Unfortunately as the pool not belongs to the hotel we are not able to provide free entrance to all guests. Guests with reserved higher category Superior of Business has this included in the room price, also with Free Wi-Fi. We recommend enjoying these categories. These are also newly reconstructed and renovated.

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I agree with the following review by member "mrirotator". "From the outside it makes you wonder what you have booked and when you get in you can really feel the "good" old days. The place looks very out dated, not up to today's standards. The rooms are ok but the beds were like sleeping on a rock. The bathroom had a terrible odor, like you were next to a sewage! The rooms could have been a little cleaner also. Breakfast had a lot of options, but the quality of the food was mediocre. I would advise you to pick something else.

1 Thank aarcher888
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the feedback on your stay in our Hotel. We very appreciate your comments to an accommodation in OREA Hotel Pyramida Prague Castle. We would like to apology that the accommodation not met your expectations. Your opinion is very helpful and valuable for us to identify areas for improvements in our services.

am more than willing to involve myself fully in understanding your comments. If you have any questions or suggestions for improvement of our services please don´t hesitate to contact me directly on my e-mail zdenek.hlinsky@hotelpyramida.cz or phone number +420 233 102 370. We understand how precious your time is and we thank you in advance for your considerations.

Would be great to have an opportunity to invite you for a cup of coffee with your next visit of Prague and personally discuss all the initiatives.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Your sincerely,

Zdenek Hlinský

Travelers are raving about these Prague hotels

Newton, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Want to feel like the old times again? This is the hotel for you. From the outside it makes you wonder what you have booked and when you get in you can really feel the "good" old days. The place looks like an old Soviet time top hotel, not up to todays standards. Greeting the staff made me feel like I was talking to zombies, no friendliness what so ever. The rooms itself were ok but the beds were like sleeping on a rock. The rooms could have been a little cleaner also. Breakfast had a lot of options, but the quality of the food was not up to the normal Checz standards. Wifi charged 16€/24h! The restaurant and bar downstairs looked ok, but I didn't have a chance to visit them. I read through the other reviews and I think many people are correct. There are so many great hotels in the area that I would advise you to pick something else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tuomas H
Dear Guest,

We value your opinion which helps us to identify areas for improvements as well as guiding us in improving our service. Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations on this occasion.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our wide breakfast choice. We are soory that You feel uncomfortable in your room. We would like to suggest reserve one of our newly reconstructed Business rooms. There are new beds with 25 cm high matracess. Guests are really commends them. As one of room amenities in this category guests has free wifi in the room. So you do not have to pay for internet as in standart category.

edinburgh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I did read reviews before travelling to this hotel , and being in the travel industry I know not to beleive everything so thought I would give teh hotel a chance .. wish I never
I travelled to this hotel for 4 night with my partner and mum + stepdad .
upon arriving the hotel seemed very nice , rooms are very small badly needing decorated .
shower is a hazard ... the shower is over the bath and sides of the bath are very high which make this very difficult to go in and out shower .
breakfast was not bad ...didnt have much choice unless you wanted cake for breakfast .
service in this hotel was horrible, everyone was very rude , not helpful .
I would never recommened this hotel to anyone .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would like You assure that we are still working on trainings for improving staff behaviour as our priority.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have now travelled around the globe this last year and this is by far the worst service I have ever experienced. The rooms are nice enough and the breakfast buffet is fine, but ABSOLUTELY NO ONE at the front desk wants you to be in their hotel.

To begin, they absolutely gouge you for internet-16 euros for 24 hours. I'm all for making a little profit, but when the Mountain Hostel in Gimmelwald can charge 5 euros for 5 days, this makes me feel ripped off. It's 2012, surely we internet is no longer a luxury item.

More importantly though is the caustic disdain the front desk staff have for you. At every request for our group (and we have brought over 100 people to this hotel each summer for years) their response was "It's not my part of the hotel." "May we have the air conditioning turned on in the conference room that is costing us 240 euros?"-"It's not my part of the hotel". "May we have some water for the conference room we payed 240 Euros for?"- "Ask the waiter. It's not my part of the hotel"

Absolutely brutal service. Go find a smaller, family run hotel and experience the pleasant side of Prague, because you won't find it here.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.