“FESTIVALS WITH CRIMINALS IN TOP HOTEL PRAHA”
Review of TOP HOTEL Praha

TOP HOTEL Praha
Ranked #603 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Belgrade, Serbia
“FESTIVALS WITH CRIMINALS IN TOP HOTEL PRAHA”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was in Top Hotel Praha with "four stars" between 20th to 23rd of March, as the participant of International Folk Festival. Performance was in Congress Hall of the hotel on Saturday 22nd of March. Organization of Festivals provided us accommodation and food (dinner and breakfast) with 3 or 4 beds in the room. One of bed in triple room or two beds in the room with four beds were not "normal" beds. There are "chaise longue". It was very bad for my group consisted about 260 members at festival.

During Festival which was held, on Saturday evening, about 21.00 h, I was attacked by unknown male person, who caught me firstly for arm and then also for hair and pulled me from Congress hall till main reception, and threatened me that he will kill me and hitting me in the face.
My husband who had recently heart surgery (bypass) couldn't help me to defend me physically personally and he turned to Hotel's employers (2 persons) requesting from them to call police or hotel's security. But, they didn't react calling police or security, but they were just watching what is going on, although my husband turned to them in English language, expecting that they understand it, but anyway they saw all what was going on and they didn't do anything to help me!!!!
We would like that this disagreeable incident, could be resolved in "gentleman's" way.

We see responsability of Top Hotel, because staff of hotel didn't give me expected protection (it was enough just to call police on request of my husband, but they didn't do that, although my husband insisted more times),

because everything could finished even tragically to me personally. My schock was really great and still I am in that condition and my reputation is seriously ruined because crowed of people watched all what happend, there were also persons I arranged to come in Top Hotel.
Over 30 persons offered me that they will testify what happend (they gave me their personal dates) in the case I need to go on Court.
We have already informed management of Hotel that we consider that let's say "fair" compensation could be amount of 15.000 euro for my suffered fear and humiliation. But they rejected my complain completely without any reasonable reason???

Opposite of this, I would like to inform You about one non professional relation, what happend at our departure from TOP Hotel and it dealing about hotel employers at "south reception". It is about the following.
One our client, and guest of Hotel, during the same period, lost the key, block A, room number 637. We informed reception about this loss of the key and receptionist informed us that this loss of key must be paid in amount of 20 euro, what certainly was not problem and it was paid immediately in cash on reception. The employer took the money and put in the draw of desk reception and immediately after that requested to be paid once again 20 euro, as he didn't get any money before, few moments !!!!!
Guest of hotel paid ONCE AGAIN 20 euro asking to get receipt for given money, but receptionist refused that????? After that staff of hotel ignored this act and also rejected my request to give us fiscal receipt for 40euro, we paid on reception. They offered us some ordinary paper so called receipt but it is not enough. I think that somebody took our money (40 euro) in his pocket. The reason more because official currency in Czech Republic is KRONA not EURO but they took from us euro?????
All this happend, on Sunday morning, around 8.30 h, 23rd of March.
If we compare these two incidents, where for one lost key, which probally will be found and which real value is less than 1 euro, is requested complain payment in amount of 40 euro, I consider that possibility that I could lost life (which couldn't be returned again, I have just one life) in TOP Hotel is more worth than my compensation amount of 15.000 euro.

Finally
I would like to propose for management of hotel that on entrance of hotel put information which could be like this:
Dear guests
Welcome to TOP hotel !
We inform You that You are entering in hotel at Your own risk and own responsability and that hotel's staff will offer help only in the case if You would be killed.
Enjoy now and keep attention at Your "pockets"!

Yours lovely staff

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Miile L
Revenue M, Manager at TOP HOTEL Praha, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
This is TOP HOTEL Praha**** official statement to client accusations:

After obtaining the complaint regarding alleged physical attack on our client we had investigated immediately the whole issue. We had spoken to the reception team, external security company and the tour leader of your group who had witness the whole situation. All of them had agreed they did not see any physical attack whatsoever. There had agreed there had been a lot of shouting and yelling between two couples, but only in verbal way. Hotel does not intervene in to client’s private or personal issues (unless we are asked to or it is life threatening situation). In this case it was not the issue of any of it. Just because the shouting was too loud and it had disturbed other clients, our reception team leader called our external security company to be presented. However, during or after the mentioned incident nobody had asked for police. Neither less, right after the argument one of the men involved came to the reception desk and did apologize for the disturbance. From our side there had been everything possible done to solve the whole situation and all taken steps were correct and satisfactory to keep clients safe and comfortable.
Therefore, we were sincerely surprised to received accusation with already set demand for 15 000,- Euro. After refusing of client request (which is not based on reality), we had received several emails with a hint of blackmailing. There is clearly written unless we pay the demanded amount, client will besmirch a good name of our hotel in the media. After reading this published feedback we are considering filing a criminal complaint for defamation and extortion.
In this matter we will contact the Serbian Embassy in Prague.

Best Regards

Petra Pastyříková
Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I traveled to Prague via a travel agent and I stayed in this hotel for four nights. Because of the tour guide and the bus that we were provided, it did not matter for us that the hotel is located really far from the city center.However, keep in mind that it is really really far from the center if you do not have an available means of transportation (bus, car etc.).The rooms were spacious and clean,so there was no problem with that. Nice staff but really average breakfast.
There is certainly room for improvement regarding this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vicky K
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This was an ok hotel, it was quite a long way from the city centre, a bus and metro ride and whilst the non-room areas were clean, tidy and well looked after the rooms left a lot to be desired. The rooms were very basic, no coffee making facilities a must as far as hotels are concerned. This hotel caters for the conference trade and I expect it is very good at this however not to have draft beer available in Prague is a crime!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Komotini, Greece
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This place was awful. We stayed in the Α wing. The rooms were really dirty. In our room the window was broken. The service, didn't change our sheets at all, during our seven days staying. They didn't also change our towels. Contrariwise, they were taking the dirty towels from the floor and hanging them back again in the bathroom. Disgusting! The water was really expensive and the money exchange service that they had wasn't salutary at all. The food was sometimes good and sometimes stale. We had a three-person room and they gave us only one key. They also said that if we lose it, we will have to pay 5 euros. We also had two unpleasant experiences. Someone broke into a friend's of mine room and stole some clothes. The hotel didn't do anything about that. And the other day, we were just chilling in the lobby when a friend of mine sit in a couch were was stuck a gum on it. We told it to the chambermaids and instead of doing something to clean the couch or my friend's clothes, they started laughing.
The only benefit of this hotel is the free wifi in the lobby. Nothing else.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Evi D

Travelers are raving about these Prague hotels

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at Top hotel for Christmas 2013. We had a great time - a wonderful accommodation, nice, clean and spacy rooms, tasty food at breakfast and dinner, a choice of other restaurants, a lobby bar with free internet, and a nice location with good transport connection to the centre - within 25 min. We will come back again next year. Thank you!

Room Tip: rooms in blocks B, C or E.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We went there as a group via travel agency. The trip in general was not very expensive so we didn't expect too much of it. We asked the agency if it was a 4 star hotel as it was written in a brochure and they confirmed it, so then we hoped it was the truth but... When we got there we were staying in A wing which is the furthest from the lobby. The lobby itself looked very nice and it has a couple of nice restaurants. We tried food in one of those and it was good. The room was awful. I`m not sure who gave that hotel a 4 star rating. The room had two beds, a desk, tv from 1960s and a chair. The beds were squeaky and the walls were thin so you could hear people in the other room 'sleeping'. Bathrooms were tinny and there were 4 small towels. Only positive was that the bathroom and room were clean and maids changed towels regularly. The food was good, with plenty of things to choose from. Downside, small plates. There is free WiFi in the lobby and its rather fast. It is far away from the city center but it has a bus stop in front of the hotel which goes by every 20 minutes and you are 3 bus stops away from the metro station Chodov from which u need 10 minutes to the city center, Museum station.

Room Tip: Choose E wing, stay away from the ABCs.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KristinaBGD
Lithuania
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. Because of group tour we have no necessary to solve any problems with stuff and can't say anything about location. For sure it's really far from the center, but if you go by agency bus it's not a problem. Instant, there's very quiet place and good for rest. It's very budget hotel, but if you stay only for some nights it's enough comfortable, clean and not annoyng.

Room Tip: It seems they have some bigger rooms than standard double but smaller than executive double strait n...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends