I was in Top Hotel Praha with "four stars" between 20th to 23rd of March, as the participant of International Folk Festival. Performance was in Congress Hall of the hotel on Saturday 22nd of March. Organization of Festivals provided us accommodation and food (dinner and breakfast) with 3 or 4 beds in the room. One of bed in triple room or two beds in the room with four beds were not "normal" beds. There are "chaise longue". It was very bad for my group consisted about 260 members at festival.
During Festival which was held, on Saturday evening, about 21.00 h, I was attacked by unknown male person, who caught me firstly for arm and then also for hair and pulled me from Congress hall till main reception, and threatened me that he will kill me and hitting me in the face.
My husband who had recently heart surgery (bypass) couldn't help me to defend me physically personally and he turned to Hotel's employers (2 persons) requesting from them to call police or hotel's security. But, they didn't react calling police or security, but they were just watching what is going on, although my husband turned to them in English language, expecting that they understand it, but anyway they saw all what was going on and they didn't do anything to help me!!!!
We would like that this disagreeable incident, could be resolved in "gentleman's" way.
We see responsability of Top Hotel, because staff of hotel didn't give me expected protection (it was enough just to call police on request of my husband, but they didn't do that, although my husband insisted more times),
because everything could finished even tragically to me personally. My schock was really great and still I am in that condition and my reputation is seriously ruined because crowed of people watched all what happend, there were also persons I arranged to come in Top Hotel.
Over 30 persons offered me that they will testify what happend (they gave me their personal dates) in the case I need to go on Court.
We have already informed management of Hotel that we consider that let's say "fair" compensation could be amount of 15.000 euro for my suffered fear and humiliation. But they rejected my complain completely without any reasonable reason???
Opposite of this, I would like to inform You about one non professional relation, what happend at our departure from TOP Hotel and it dealing about hotel employers at "south reception". It is about the following.
One our client, and guest of Hotel, during the same period, lost the key, block A, room number 637. We informed reception about this loss of the key and receptionist informed us that this loss of key must be paid in amount of 20 euro, what certainly was not problem and it was paid immediately in cash on reception. The employer took the money and put in the draw of desk reception and immediately after that requested to be paid once again 20 euro, as he didn't get any money before, few moments !!!!!
Guest of hotel paid ONCE AGAIN 20 euro asking to get receipt for given money, but receptionist refused that????? After that staff of hotel ignored this act and also rejected my request to give us fiscal receipt for 40euro, we paid on reception. They offered us some ordinary paper so called receipt but it is not enough. I think that somebody took our money (40 euro) in his pocket. The reason more because official currency in Czech Republic is KRONA not EURO but they took from us euro?????
All this happend, on Sunday morning, around 8.30 h, 23rd of March.
If we compare these two incidents, where for one lost key, which probally will be found and which real value is less than 1 euro, is requested complain payment in amount of 40 euro, I consider that possibility that I could lost life (which couldn't be returned again, I have just one life) in TOP Hotel is more worth than my compensation amount of 15.000 euro.
I would like to propose for management of hotel that on entrance of hotel put information which could be like this:
Welcome to TOP hotel !
We inform You that You are entering in hotel at Your own risk and own responsability and that hotel's staff will offer help only in the case if You would be killed.
Enjoy now and keep attention at Your "pockets"!
Yours lovely staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The TOP HOTEL Prague****, art hotel and congress centre, is, in terms of the offered services, a perfectly unique hotel. It offers its guests accommodation in more than 800 rooms and suites, up to 5,000 congress seats, restaurants and bars with Czech and international cuisine, catering, wellness, Japanese garden or a vast parking lot. The large capacity, good accessibility of the city centre and the wide offer of services make the TOP HOTEL Prague**** an ideal place for congresses, conferences as well as weddings, concerts, and of course also for individual and organized tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your TOP HOTEL Praha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Top Hotel Prague And Congress Center
- Top Hotel Prague & Congress Prague
- Prague Top Hotel