“Quite ok”

Ranked #602 of 649 Hotels in Prague
SLOVENIA
“Quite ok”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Me and my husband didn't have any problems with checking-in or out of the hotel. Checking-in lasted for15 minutes (filling in the forms, paying for the rooms and getting the cards for the room). checking out lasted for 2 minutes.
The rooms are dated, but clean. The bathroom was pretty small but had the soap, the hairdryer... Everybody is complaining about beds - they were fine with us because we don't like sleeping in soft beds. We went for breakfast pretty early (around 7 o'clock) since we wanted to explore the city and it wasn't too crowdy with guests. Breakfast included various types of salami and cheese, butter, honey, marmalade, fruits, yoghurt, cereals, pastries, boiled eggs, etc. It worked for us.
This hotel definitely isn't the 4 stars they claim to be, but all in all our staying was satisfactory, we didn't have any problems with the room, staff or loud youngsters. I was pretty scared because the reviews here are really bad, but as I'm saying it was ok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Buyer Beware Go elseware StaffNotHelpful NeedTo Upgrade Service Personality AndService Never Be Back AskedForHelpOn Phone CaLls Because In RoomPhoneDidn't Work Told To Use PayPhone ChasedOut Of Lounge In Lobby Because Bought Drink In ACross Aisle But The Didn't Have Wifi Never Stay Again

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Robert B

Travelers are raving about these Prague hotels

paisley scotland
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Warning Warning, Warning .Do not stay at this Hotel as the place is in no way a 4 star. I could write a book with what I found wrong with this place" it was a joke and I was the fool who booked it". On arrival my party of three were the only ones at reception and it took them 15 min to book us in as they were so laid back they nearly fell asleep. The beds were on a solid bit of wood with no springs and when I complained I was told that if I was not happy I could have a camp bed with springs. Towels were a joke so thin I could see through them and only given 2 small hand towels for 2 of us to shower. Sheets not changed In 4 days with the heat over 38 degrees and no AIR CON in this hotel this was a joke. At the bar I was charge 3 different prices for the same drinks and when I complained I got the same excuse from the barman " I am busy and this makes me do things wrong". Breakfast was like a BUN FIGHT if you were lucky you got a clean table if not you had to move dirty dishes yourself as the dining room held 500 or more most mornings and they had 2 young people clearing the tables at a snails pace. Overall this is a dump and please don't stay as you will regret it and for my final comment on my day of departure I asked the reception to call the car company that I booked to take me back to the AIRPORT to come early as we were desperate to gat away (THIS WAS A FREE PHONE NUMBER)they refused to do it for me even when I offered to pay for the call the told me no. I used my Ipad and escaped thank god. I have travelled all over the world but I will never forget this hotel from hell as it is top of my list never to visit again.

Room Tip: No good rooms in any part of this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oldvet
Mildenhall, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We reserved a room at a 4 star and was almost placed in their sister 2 star. After complaining we were put into the correct rooms but was told the mistake was with the travel agent, that I didn't use. The standard room had a bed that felt like a board and a very small TV. The bath was a shower stall. After more complaints we were moved into the executive rooms that were only marginally better. The hotel boasts wellness facilities but it costs a lot. I paid $150 to have only 10 visits. The checkin takes forever and they really aren't interested in meeting your needs. The only thing I was impressed with was the taxi they use. It was like being chauffeured but again for a large cost. Only one bus goes to the hotel and doesn't run at night so partying is out.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank off1now
Reviewed June 15, 2013

When we arrived at the Top Hotel in Prague, we were impressed with the outside and the reception, very bright. Then when we checked in $148/ night, most we have spent in Europe.
The room (SUPERIOR) looked very dated, one lamp on the night stand, old tv set, torn carpet, replaced piece of carpet with different color, shower flooded the bathroom, worn/torn towels, no soap and windows dirty. Also charged 18 euro for parking.
Breakfast, which was included in the price, was coffee, tea, rolls,cold cuts, cheese, fruit, boiled hot dogs, macaroni salad/mayo, cucumber salad and corn. Not one of my favorite breakfasts on this trip.
This is not a hotel we will return to!!!

Room Tip: We had two really bad rooms, if there was a good room, we did not have one.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Otto O
zurich
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is a tired and sad hotel. Its dated and not in a nostalgic, charming way - worn and musty carpets, aging wood panels, and very much feels like you stepped back behind the iron curtain.

We stayed here for a business event, although its shocking that they market themselves as a business hotel when they have such mediocre facilities and unprofessional, indifferent staff.

The hotel is also far from the city so pointless for tourism - its either a 18 euro cab right to the old town, or an inconvenient bus and metro ride. And there is nothing within walking distance of the hotel worth visiting.

Room was large but zero personality and looked like a university student's collection of randomly gathered furniture. My room faced east and had no black out curtains, so even with the drapes pulled it was bright enough to read a book in the room once the sun came up. Also, the room faced the courtyard and there was loud noise and drunks there each night, so forget about leaving the windows open when its warm. The room has a small safe, not large enough to hold a laptop so you have to drag this with you throughout the day.

The room had two bathrooms, both of which were dark with poor mirror lighting. One had a giant bathtub but no toilet. The other had a toilet and a phone booth sized stall shower with a nozzle that only hangs at your chest. Amenities were limited to a small face soap and in-bath gel/shampoo dispenser, and there is no in-room tea kettle or coffee.

This is leads us to the food. The breakfast buffet was appalling, reminded me of kindergarten (not even high school) cafeterias. They have three restaurants, all of which have decent lunches and dinners but service that moves at a glacial speed. The best menu seemed to be Bohemia on the top floor. At a few of the meals, the waiters complained when we wanted separate checks or to charge to our rooms, and the meal amounts were often inaccurate on the final bill (again, a business hotel? No way.)

There is a lobby bar with a nice view of the gardens, but unfortunately it was filled with smokers all day (yes that's right, indoor smoking).

As far as a meeting facility this place is poor - their event salons were crammed and poor AV,and break out rooms were often locked - necessitating us to hunt down elusive hotel staff to unlock them several times. We also ran out of in-room water, and during a few breaks wither they had coffee but no cups, or cups but no water in the coffee machine.

The hotel also gouges you for extras. You have to pay to use their on-site fitness center and pool. I enjoy a relaxing swim after a long day, but unfortunately their pool is closed from 5:00-7:00 most nights for private swim classes. There is a sauna and nice steam room, but these were often out of service during our stay.

Also, this allegedly 'business hotel" charges you for internet in you room, and this is only provided with a ethernet cable, so sorry mobile phone and tablet users. There is free wifi in the lobby, but it is with slow bandwidth and often cuts out.

Lastly, our checkout was a nightmare that made a mess of the last's days agenda - the average wait was 20 minutes, and more than half our group had mistakes in their bills that required the manager to approve, and the hapless desk staff could not do anything themselves. Also the bills are only Czech, no English, which is a challenge if you need to itemise your expenses.

This "Top" and "event" hotel does NOT do what it says on the tin!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank photoguyZurich
Maribor, Slovenia
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were in the hotel two days ago.
The whole hotel stinks and the rooms and floors are in bad shapes.
On the floors the kids are screeming and knocking on the door all night and you cant sleep or rest.
The towels are dirty, the box with shower gel is empty, windows and mirrors are dirty.
4 stars are too many for this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple