“Disappointing”
Review of TOP HOTEL Praha

TOP HOTEL Praha
Ranked #602 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Like many comments, I sugest to not go there!!!! It's worth it to pay more and stay in another hotel, then here!!! Location - far away from the city center, hotel - horrible rooms, bad breckfast and bad services! I don't know why it appears like a 4 stars hotel, I can barely give 2 stars.
Is a verry big complex, with a lots of buildings, so if you have luggages, you will have some problems, because it was no bellboy. I calculate the time from the reception till our room: 7 min... a lot, I think. And do not forget that the hotel is far away from the central of Prague, and is in a neighborhood of some blocks and halls. You have nowhere to go out around.
The rooms..... horrible!!! I booked a double room, and I got a triple room with three separated beds, and no possibility to move them. Anyway. poor and demaged room!!!
The breckfast, also poor, with coffe like water.....
The pool doesn't look to good, I didn't have the courage to try it, and you have to pay extra. The only think I enjoyed it was a relaxing thai massage! It was the best I ever had!
Another think: they said that the parking car in free. At the check-out, when we went to the car with the luggages, some guy from the parking security (you only seen them around check-outs hours) tell us that we have to pay around 25 euros...
Also, they forgot to give me back my ID at check-out, and I had to return 100 km to take it back.
Anyway, it was a bad experience and I'm not recomended for anyone!!!
Another advice: be carefull with the money excenge!!!! Do it on a bank, other ways, they will still you with no problem. Prague is a wonderfull city, but expensive and I don't know why, but with approval of checz autority, they still a lot of money from the tourists with the excenge rate!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CameliaCristina
There are newer reviews for TOP HOTEL Praha

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Quite an impressive foyer, but down hill from there. The decor of the room was jaded, with some signs of long outstanding unrepaired damage. It's a very big budget hotel. Stay here if cost is your only priority. Stay somewhere else if you will want to use your room while sober. I reported faults least I be blamed, but met with shrugged shoulders... Prague, however is well worth a visit for its excellent Central European gothic architecture and some welcoming people. Though, I did find it tiresome around the city at night with too many approaches by a certain sector of the "night economy". Say no more.

Room Tip: In another hotel....
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I totally agree with most of the comments. It's a soviet style-, bad service-, bad location building which is crying for a complete renovation and change of staff. Don't go there. I also come from an ex-socialist country, but I have never experienced such thing, not even in my home country. Even in cheap hostels around Europe they offer free wifi, but not in this hotel...unacceptable!!! I can barely give between 1 and 2 stars. Definitely not 4!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Aleksssss
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed in this awful hotel during a folk music event. It seems that quite often this hotel is offered during various events in Prague as a low price alternative. Well, one should not expect too much when staying in a budget hotel. I would however expect a normal bed and a clean room. The standard of the hotel was nevertheless far below from what could be expected from an establishment called "hotel" . It was quite chocking to find a bed without a proper mattress - what they had was kind of rather solid cushions in different colours (see my photo). The cleaning of the room was very poor and there was no soap in shower. In any case, if you really need to stay there, I would recommend to bring a hiking mattress. For me nights were torture as it was impossible to sleep on these pretty shard cushions. It is also good to know that the hotel is rather far from centre - it takes around 45 min to reach central Prague by bus + subway. To summarise, I would never ever stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank TheOrion
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Huge Hotel with no western idea of hospitality. You have to ask the reception desk for an open bill to be able to have credit, a complimentary wi-fi that force you to pay for an expensive conenction. Matress a good bed for a fakir, you need special training to sleep in those beds!!
It's too far away from downtown, I came from same spot in the city on different nights, first night taxi was 350 CZK ( 14 Euros) second night 600 ( 25 Euros) no explanation given...be careful

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had a sports tournament in Prague and stayed in this hotel as it was the designated hotel by the organizers and close to the event.

The hotel complex is HUGE. It has 6 or 7 buildings, includes several (bad) restaurants, tennis, bowling, conference center, etc. The lobby area is spectacular in its own way... marble, metal and even mosaic - I can imagine that the politburo members in the 80's would have liked it.

I think we had some kind of a deluxe room as it was twice the size of their normal rooms. The interior was quite modern 25 years ago. A leather sofa from early 90's, a small CRT TV, uncomfortable beds, a small jacuzzi in the bath room. The cleaning was poor. We were on the top floor and had quite a view over the neighborhood, which is not really much. Overall the size was the only positive thing.

The service in the lobby was lousy. We went there 15 min before the indicated check in time and the staff informed us bluntly that we couldn't check in yet even without checking if our rooms were ready. Well, we went back after 15 minutes only to witness a tragicomic soviet inspired play: one rude receptionist was getting all confused with the reservations while the other two were looking bored and chatting to each other on the side instead of serving any customers. It took us more than an hour to get all 4 rooms checked in AND in two of the rooms the keys didn't work (of course we first had to walk like 10 minutes to go to the room and then back...).

Well, I thought it couldn't get any worse after this, but I was wrong. One night we went to the restaurant in the main lobby and the male waiter was definitely the worst I have ever seen. He looked like a goon from an old bond movie, looked and acted like he was totally pissed off all the time (I could spend quite some going through the details time but I rather don't remind myself of the experience). The food was really, REALLY, bad and for some reason a large swath of flies came buzzing around it from the kitchen! No one got sick though.

The hotel is quite far from the center and in case you end up staying here I would definitely recommend you to hire a car so can at least get away easily. They have quite expensive parking but there are free places along the road 50 meters down from the main reception. There is a large shopping mall only 5 minutes away so you don't have to suffer the Top Hotel cuisine...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends