“Lovely hotel, great location!”
Review of Hotel Praga 1

Hotel Praga 1
Ranked #209 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My partner and I stayed for 3 nights..The staff were very friendly on arrival, the room was lovely and spacious although a little dated, really nice bathroom but the shower cubicle was very small and kept turning the water off just by washing myself! The beds were lovely and comfortable, slept so well each night! Beds changed daily. Breakfast was disappointing for me, standard continental but just not enough choice and quite dull, was expecting more to be honest but still filled me up each morning so can't complain too much..
All in all apart from the negatives I've pointed out our stay was a lovely experience, great location not far to walk into the main centre and the staff were helpful with everything we asked of them. For the price we paid I was impressed with what we got!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Richard B
Praga1Manager, Front Office Manager at Hotel Praga 1, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for staying with us and writing such a nice comment.
It makes me feel proud to read that you found the staff helpful and friendly and your room lovely and spacious and comfortable.
I was sorry to read that you were dissapointed with the breakfast.
Though I´m happy that at the end you were impressed with your stay with us.
I am gladly looking forward to your next visit in hotel Praga 1.
Warm Regards from Prague
FO Manager

Reviewed June 23, 2014

As the title says only stayed one night so not much to comment in other than the room which was ok... Nothing fancy or grand but very clean and quite big!! Room was a but dated but it seems to be an older hotel and that never bothers me. Breakfast was in a downstairs cellar which is difficult to get down some very dark stairs there may have been a lift but we didn't see it!! It is a little off the beaten track so you have to walk to get to main areas but if it don't mind walking its fine... Overall Id say it was ok!!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Traveller,
Thank you very much for taking a time a sharing your experiences about our hotel.
It makes me happy that you were satisfied with our big and clean rooms.
Elevator for the breakfast is the same as for the rooms but the technician changed the lightning under your suggestion.
Wish you all the best.
With Regards

Reviewed June 22, 2014

stayed here for 3 nights in june, nothing wrong with the hotel but its abount 20 mins walk to everyhing, having said that lovelely italian restaurant just across the road at the corner, good stay though and did,nt charge us for soft drinks from mini bar, clean and staff very freindly

Room Tip: 3rd floor was good
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time writing your review.
It makes me delighted that you were satisfied with the friendliness and with the cleanliness.
I would be delighted to welcoming you back.
Best regards,
FO Manager

Reviewed June 18, 2014

My wife and I are just back from a 4 night city break. Prague did not disappoint and we were very pleased with our choice of hotel. Excellent location, just off Charles Square with its public transport links (Metro and trams), but within easy walking distance of the river, Wenceslas Square and the Old Town. Room was clean and comfortable and there was a good selection at breakfast, with changes each day of what was on offer.

Room Tip: The only flaw was that the shower cubicle was small and the design of the tap meant it was almost im...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Praga1Manager, Front Office Manager at Hotel Praga 1, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear Guests,
thank you very much for taking time writing your review. I am very glad that you found our hotel as a good choice. I am also happy that you liked the breakfast and the location. I would be delighted to welcoming you back in the future.
Warm Regards from hotel Praga 1

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We were given the 2nd best room (quite spacious and clean) in this fully-booked hotel and I was blessed with a photo of Ava Gardner on my side of the bed. The view of the city was spectacular from both sides of the room. which set the tone of a great stay. Breakfast offered variety with quality. Although this hotel is not centrally located and we had ants in our bathroom, along with a floor leak the first 3-4 days, we had the help of Josef, the best front-desk manager that we have experienced in 25 years of taking trips together. He arranged the elimination of our problems and is very knowledgeable regarding decent restaurants nearby and two household-items shops that we bought from. Everything is within walking distance, except for the better restaurants when having dinner. Finally, the private transfer to the airport was easy and calm.

Room Tip: The room with a balcony is the best one.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,
thank you for your stay in our hotel and for a such nice review. It is my pleasure to read that you had wonderfull stay with us and that you lied your room and view.. I am also happy that you met a good service by Josef at the reception.
We hope, that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Kind regards,
FO manager

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Recently stayed for four nights with my brother and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Staff, and I would mention Josef and Petra, were extremely helpful, nothing was a bother to them. Breakfast menu was good with a varied selection and always well stocked. The hotel location was good, within 5 min walk to the city centre. The hotel is well supported by public transport with a Metro station only 400m away and trams similarly which can take you anywhere in the city. Rooms are clean, comfortable and well appointed - only drawback was the high pricing of drinks in the room fridge. Will definitely return

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your stay in our hotel and your nice comment here. We appreciate it very much.
Best regards,
FO manager

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago as a group of 10. Booked direct with the hotel and got an excellent rate, and was hassle free. Hotel also arranged private transfers for us to and from the airport which were great. All staff very helpful, friendly and knowledgable. Breakfast also good with good selection. Hotel location is brilliant as it is far enough away from the main areas that there is no issue with noise. Everything also in walking distance. Rooms served their purpose and were clean and tidy. I plan on returning to Prague and will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank stooosh
Praga1Manager, Front Office Manager at Hotel Praga 1, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear traveler,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay in Hotel Praga 1 thank you for staying with us and writing such a nice comment. It makes me feel proud to read that you found the staff helpful and friendly and you enjoyed your stay with us. I am gladly looking forward to your next visit in our hotel.
Regards,