“Very, very good”

Ranked #118 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Moscow, Russia
“Very, very good”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This hotel is located in the Prague 1 Municipal District, in the heart of the city. Many Prague's tourist sites, including Old Town Square, the Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, Jewish Quarter, are here.
In William you can find everything you need - not big but comfortable rooms, pleasant staff, good meal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Alla B.
I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Hotel William. And I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your trip.
Thank you for your positive rating and for recommending our hotel to TripAdvisor.
Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was there with my wife for 2 nights. Our room was big and clean, very nice furniture. Hotel is located in center of Prag, next to Karol Bridge, and Hradcany - they have also closed parking for cars. Staff in hotel is also very kind and helpful. If i go to Prag again i will stay there for sure. I can't say anything about breakfast because it was always to late for us;). I recommend this hotel very much. There was only one small problem for us - there is no shampoo in the room and you can't buy it in reception, but we found it in the shop next to the hotel. But stil great hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank poul9
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Poul9,
I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Hotel William. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I'm sorry that you did not have shampoo. In the bathroom is "hair and body gel" (2in1). In case you need just the shampoo, it´s available at the reception desk.
We welcome you again at our hotel during your next visit.
Aschaffenburg, Germany
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The cost effectiveness of the Hotel is great. We payed 107€ for three nights incl. breakfast. Also the location of the hotel is perfect. To name but a few attraction which are quickly reachable within a 20 minute walk at a max: the Charles Bridge, the Prague Castle, the old town centre, etc. Additionally, the tram stops in front of the hotel.

The double room is spacious and sufficient furnished. There were some details missing like no waste basket (besides the one in the bathroom) and no fridge. Our blanket had two small holes and at arrival the bathroom unpleasantly smelled of chlorine, hence we kept the door closed at the beginning and turned on the ventilation. But the smell was gone within 10minutes.

The breakfast is nothing special, we missed scrambled eggs and it took some time to refill the coffee when the pot was empty. Altogether the breakfast is O.K.

Close by there are some good restaurants and cafes which I would recommend (just search on tripadvisor). Especially the CafeSavoy (3mins away) is worth a visit for a delicious breakfast.

All in all the hotel is ok and impresses with the fair prize and very well location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Boris B
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Boris B,
thank you very much for your feedback from your stay at Hotel William.
I´m very pleased to read your notes. I´ve bought waste baskets to all our rooms including bathrooms for improvement our services. Based on your knowledge we also changed our offer of hot breakfast every day.
I really want to say, that I appreciate the knowledge and recommendations of our guests and I try to improve our services.
Thank you for your rating and for recommending our hotel to TripAdvisor.
Best regards.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is really wonderful. It's situated between the Old Town and Prague Castle, in the very nice area of Mala Strana, and is about 15 minutes walk to the castle and 5 minutes to Charles Bridge.

The room I got, 409, was very small, but beautiful enough to make me forget it! The buffet breakfast is amazing - the best hotel breakfast I can ever remember having. I stayed in a 4 star hotel in the Algarve over the summer, and the breakfast in this £28 a night hotel was better. The breakfast hall is also exceptionally beautiful.

One downside is that the lift is really tiny, you would be lucky to fit 2 people with luggage in it. Because of how small it was, I ended up using the stairs every day going up to the 4th floor, which wasn't the most fun after a full day of walking. I chose to walk everywhere, except for getting the funicular train up to the top of Petrin Hill, but there is a tram stop just round from the hotel, which will be handy for some.

I don't think I could recommend this hotel enough. Even though it's one of the cheapest places I've stayed, it's also one of the nicest. The staff take pride in it, it's spotlessly clean and very beautiful, and I wouldn't go anywhere else when returning to Prague.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ais11
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Ais11,
I am most grateful for your kind comments on TripAdvisor. Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience and for indicating you would recommend our Hotel William.
We welcome you again at our hotel during your next visit.
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed here just one night. We got it very cheap ($60) on Expedia. The front desk agent named MARTINA was amazing. Helpful in every way. Other than that the rooms very tiny, no fridge, and no extra pillows. No waste basket ??? They could make it better with a few extra little things ! It was clean and O.K.!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pavel P
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Pavel P,
thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay at our Hotel William.
I feel so sorry about your review, because in case you want to extra pillows, you can ask at the reception desk. And thank you for feedback about waste basket, it is good to know the opinion of our guest. All our rooms have waste basket in bathroom, so we will buy them also into bedrooms.
Sincerely
Reviewed November 15, 2013

It's a very good location not to far from all the attractions of Prague.
10 min walk from Karlo's bridge, 15 min walk from the castle, 15 min from the old town suare ... very indicated to walk around Prague ...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank paolograz
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Paolograz,
thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your trip.
Greetings
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice hotel for reasonable price. Room was clean and tidy and reasonable size with private bathroom. A bit noisey but we weren't too bothered about it. Very close to Castle and John Lennon Wall. Easy walk to old town. Staff were excellent. Would recommend.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise then request a room that isn't close to the street.