$242
$106
$104
$87
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $97/night.

$189
$158
$169
$143
$140
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

Unitas Hotel(Prague)
$152
$143
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $175/night.

$128
$121
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

Book now, pay at stay
$550
$479
$337
$328
  • Free Breakfast
All reviewswenceslas squarefitness suitep pavlovabusy roadair conold townminute walkmini barcontinental stylecold meatsgood sizemain roadcity centrethe ground floorlovely hotelyogurtspoke good english
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Have stayed here before five years ago. Hotel and staff still awesome. Large spacious rooms and en suite facilities .. hotdogs from breakfast is just a bit weird..bed very creaky.. cleanliness is first class

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jasey2234
Reviewed September 12, 2017

We were booked in by Thomas Cook in the Prague Centre Superior Hotel.
For reasons unknown to us we were sent to the St.George, a very short walk away.

When we presented ourselves at the reception at St.George we were met by Gregor who looked like he swallowed a wasp. Clearly Gregor does not like his job because he looked at us with contempt.
No word of welcome, no eye contact, no smile, no nothing.
He said he could not find us in the system and when we told him we were sent here he told us to go back to the Centre Superior Hotel and sort the situation out.
So we asked if he could make a telephone call instead, his answer was "No".

Having been travelling a full 36 hours without proper sleep, obviously we did not play ball and refused to leave.
Then he started, looking very annoyed, going through all kinds of paperwork and checking his computer and after faffing about for more than 20 minutes he finally found our booking.

With very short instructions about the hotel in general we were sent to our room.

Later that day we asked him to arrange a hire car for us for a couple of days later. He promised he would do that later in the afternoon. We asked him if he would still be there when we came back. He answered " I am always here, 24 hours a day"
Needless to say that when we came back later he wasn't there at all and a very friendly and helpful young man called Peter, did not know anything about a hire car and could not find any paperwork left behind by Gregor.

Next morning Gregor was present behind the reception. After we wished him good morning he said "what do you want" totally neglecting our good morning wish.
When we explained about the fact he promised to get us a hire car, he "was too busy, do it yourself, I'll show you the computer where you can go on the internet, I have other clients to see to, and No, I am not going to phone for you, but maybe I'll do it later "

We really could see no light at the end of the tunnel. The guy was so off with us and so erratic with his promises and later being so dismissive that a situtation was created that we really felt let down on an industrial scale.

He had time though to sit behind his computer, obviously watching something private, because he was constantly laughing while watching.

Later when we came back and asked for the room key he just chucked it on the counter while watching his computer again.
No eye contact, no interaction, not even a forced smile.
BAD attitude all round.

The hotel itself was clean with a basic double bedroom. The room we had was not quiet. There was constant heavy traffic and the police sirens were almost continuous.

Cleaning staff and breakfast do not interact and choose to ignore you.

A good breakfast though, with plenty of choice and well presented.

The word lobby bar is hugely overrated. There is a lobby with a couple of comfortable couches, but there is no such thing as a bar. Just a machine where you can get some drinks.

We thought it was conveniently situated near the centre of Prague, only 15 minutes walk. Trams and busses are all within reach with the metro as well.

When it comes to customer care we would give this hotel only one star, but in all fairness it is an average to basic good place to settle down for a couple of days.

Would we go back ??? Citating Gregor we would say "No".

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quiet road in front of the hotel. The side road is a major busy road with loads of traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Croftboy
Reviewed September 8, 2017

We have just returned from a 3 night stay from 4/9-7/9 which we really enjoyed. The hotel is located just a very short walk from the best Metro/tram station I.P Pavlova and we found it very easy to navigate from this point. The hotel was clean and well kept and the staff work very hard all day. Breakfast was plentiful with pastries, bread, jams ,cheeses and meats and various cooked items such as eggs and sausages ( although the eggs were over cooked for my liking) and the fresh lovely coffee a great way to start the day, and it runs from 7.30-10.30am which we thought was fantastic for late risers. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again. Also thank you to the staff who are all very helpful

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank gemini142
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

Location
In a relatively quiet area which doesn't have much to do in the evening but close to metro and trams so easy to get into the more touristy areas.

Check in/out
Very easy with desk manned 24 hours. Good English speaking staff who are so helpful it was a pleasure to deal with them. On checking out, I wasn't allowed to do so until the room was 'checked'. Not being a schoolboy, I was a bit miffed at being treated like a kid but guess you have to make allowances for them being ultra careful.

Staff
Front of house staff appear to be youngsters who really go out of their way to be helpful - certainly better than many of the more mature individuals I have experienced in the hotel trade. Breakfast staff are constantly replenishing food/dressing tables etc but with little interaction with guests.

Room
Pretty basic and whilst it was OK for a base, I wouldn't say it would be useful on a long term basis.
No storage worth talking about. Wardrobe (without shelves) and drawers limited to 1 in a writing bureau and 1 in each of 2 bedside cabinets gave little space. No control over heating/air con (despite the thermostat being in the room) and was woken up each morning to a noisy system as it turned on to heat up the room which had become a bit cold overnight.
Towels a bit threadbare and room was checked/tidied daily. No tea making facilities or telephone but did have a fridge with mini bar basics.

Beds
Comfortable enough if you like soft mattresses and in our room, (we booked a double) we had 2 single beds with a cabinet between them.

Lift
Slow but at least there was one. The larger held more people than the adjacent which could only take 2.

Breakfast
What a selection. Continental breakfasts have never been like this. Just too many choices to list but fair to say
4 hot items
3 different cheese slices and a variety of portions.
5 cold meats
Salads
Breads & cakes
Hot & cold Drinks
Jams & Preserves
Something for everyone to be honest and constantly being topped up be the staff.

Hotel Facilities
Lounge at reception was comfortable and well decorated. A large 'internet' lounge was also available and a fitness room was present but permanently locked.

General comments
Bathroom whilst clean enough, had a number of interesting features. Toilet roll holder kept falling apart, seat kept trying its best to dethrone you, towel rail actively tried to detach itself from the wall, hair drier controlled by plugging in at the wall as switch didn't operate and tiles which looked like they were only just hanging onto the wall....and that damned, uncontrollable 'stat.
WiFi is available, no it's not, yes it i....no...ye..no.....maybe. Pretty well sums up the IT facilities although they have an Internet room....well that is its title anyway. Intermittent at best pretty hopeless at worst.
I also had a strange situation where my iPhone refused to see the wifi yet my wife's did. Bit of comparison investigation revealed her phone was set to 4G whereas mine was 3G. Switch over my phone and voila, there it was. Unfortunately did not solve the constant drop outs that were affecting us both.
A fitness room existed but appeared locked throughout our stay so no idea what was behind the door.
Also missing was a small bar which would have made life in the evening a little more enjoyable. A place to interact with other residents is preferable to TV which was OK if all you want is repetitive news.

As I said earlier,ok for a short stay but not for longer.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2017

Trip Highlights:
Bibery: "my manager said if you buy an extra night and leave us a good review, we will refund the money"
Quality Garentee: In response to why we had to sleep on dirty pillows for two night…” Well, this is a 3 star hotel”
Lying: Website states fuctioning AC. If you want your AC below 24.5, IT NEVER WILL BE.

This review is taken from the facts presented to a customer service. I have spent too much of my life dealing with this property to make this review readable. If you value your kids, dog, parents, spouse, or even yourself, stay away from this place.

Day1:
Dirty towels, asked to change, got others, but all of them were still dirty. Noticed AC was malfuncting (24.5 C) and brought it to front desk attention. Nothing changed. Near bedtime realized the pillows were so slim, asked the front desk for 2 extra pillows, noticed also that initial pillow was lumpy like a loaf of bread. The other one was dirty and had a hole in the pillowcase. Asked front desk for assistance, they said there was no more pillows. Mentioned again the AC problem and he said he would try to reset it. Slept that night on dirty and lumpy pillows (the front desk guy admitted he wouldn't have slept on them himself) in 25C.

Day 2:
At the end of breakfast time (10.31) music started blasting making it uncomfortable. Evidently a tactic that would be used to push guests out when the employees whated them out. At 11.15am I asked to speak to the manager, was told she (Helena whom was the ‘stand in manager’) would be up to my room shortly. 11.30 called the frond desk to ask if the manager whould be coming upstairs soon. 11.45 went down to the front desk, brought the manager to the room. Helena showed immediate beligerance asking if my probem was maintenance or housekeeping. Mentioned about temperature, pillow cases, and learned about the hotel maintaining a 24.5 C minimum despite advertisement of functioning AC. The hotel wants to minimize the costs associated with cooling rooms so the AC ONLY works if the temperature outside is above 24.5C and only cools off to this temperature. Helena, the gem of a manager, explained that I’d have to get a diferent hotel if I wanted to have the temperature at 21C and made a fool of me at the thought that I’d like to have a cool room. Told her I got limited sleep due to a lot of noise outside, and had to sleep with open windows. While she was getting the key to 305, blond haired front desk girl started laughing at my obvious distress with the hotel. She showed me room 305 although it was not finished being turned over, she said I could pack my stuff and leave it in the lobby, and I could move it when I got back. I said I have no time to pack because I waited for her for 30 min, and we have to get going, but mentioned I'd inform her if I would move to that room when we left in 5 min. She mentioned about not changing us for that night because of the AC. When we were leaving we told the front desk that we would move to the other room, and instead of being refunded for the night (we had two rooms) we would rather stay an extra day on them. We looked to tell Helena this ourselves but after waiting 5 extra minutes for her arrival, it was obvious she was nowhere to be found. We came back, no room was assigned to us, asked the front desk guy where would we go to, he said we are all sold out. We now were forced to sleep in the same room, under the same conditions due to negligence by the staff of the hotel. On our way back to the room we got stuck in the elevator, had to call the emergency button. After 10 min the front desk guy managed to open the elevator door applying physical force. They have two elevators. The large one was being worked on for the first two days and the small one (which was working earlier in the day) was the one we got stuck in. At night the temperature in the room went up to 28.5, had to sleep this way after the maintenance guy "fixed it." Much to our surprise, the pillow with holes and the bread pillow were still in our room. They really put customer service a head of all things else.

Day 3:
Saw managed at the breakfast, told her about heater, and unchanged pillowd, she gave me a run around when asking about an extra night for free instead of the refund. She said she would talk to the owner in a little bit, and let me know. When leaving the hotel, I again told front desk that pillows needed to be changed are at the end of the bed. I called Helena at around 2pm, she said "my manager said if you buy an extra night and leave us a good review, we would refund the money." I said that's not how it works, you offered to refund a night, I asked to extend for a day. She said I'll see you back at the hotel and we can discuss it more. When we came back, we were told by the front desk that "everything is ok" upstairs. We discovered that the temperature went up 29, no new towels, and the dirty and lumpy pillows had moved from the edge of the bed, to where the house keepers thought they belonged, where guests sleep. By this point, our dog has had to be relocated to my mothers’ room because we were fearful of its life. Went downstairs, hopoing for some sort of explination on why they thought it was ok to sleep a third day on dirty pillows. They provided me with the information that they don’t do daily linen changes, that only happens every 3 days. Being besides myself, I couldn’t help but ask If they think its ‘the right thing to do to have a guest sleep on dirty pillows for 3 nights.’ Evidently they don’t think very highly of guests because Danielle (who was probably a manager in training how she followed Helena around) very blatenly stated where the hotel stands…”Well, this is the 3 star hotel.” They finally offered me 308, I said it makes no sense for us to pack and waste even more time if they are not going to offer us a free night. In addition, the bed in 308 had hair on it, and a hole in a bed sheets. Removed the pillows and towels from 308 and moved them MYSELF to my room so we could get a good nights sleep and have clean towels. The temperature in the room was 30 that night.

Room Tip: Staying away is the best choice of your life!
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family