“Stay and Relax”

Ranked #30 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Tallinn, Estonia
“Stay and Relax”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The hotel that we stayed in when we visited Czech Repulic was the Louren Hotel. The reason behind the selection of the hotel was because of the name. We were all girls and the name of the hotel made us thing of the color pink and so we were imagining a hotel that’s going to be draped in pink decorative details. We weren’t surprised to see the usual standards. We weren’t sad about it but extremely excited since this was the first that that we were out of the country together. One thing was for sure about the Louren Hotel, we loved it because we could choose what we wanted to be put in our egg omelet every morning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucia H, General Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear JSClSharp,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for your nice review.

I really appreciate your positive feedback, especially your comments regarding our breakfast. I am glad you liked it. I believe you have enjoyed your stay with us despite the lack of pink colour in our interiors.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope to see you at Louren in the future!

Lucia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Louren Hotel is located closely to Jiriho z Podebrad metro station and it’s only a short walk to the station. The only problem is that the front of the hotel is not located on the main road and you had to walk down a minor road in order to reach the hotel. Hence the hotel is not very visible once you come out of the metro station and might need a bit of figuring out to do.

The reception was very polite and helpful towards us. Upon arrival, check in was seamless. Before arriving, I contacted the reception to help with booking a tour to Terezin concentration camp and this was arranged for us. During the check in we were given our reservation and confirmation that the tour had been booked. All these were done without much hassle thanks to the reception staff at Louren Hotel.

There is a lift if you have heavy luggage and are staying on the higher floors. The lift really helped as we had a number of bags and climbing 4 floors would have been a nightmare.

Rooms were very clean and comfortable. The bed was a little lower than the previous hotels but still comfortable. Toilet / Bathroom was well stocked with amenities.

Wifi signal in the hotel room suited my iphone but not my laptop. Eventually I had to connect to the lobby wifi which was still within the range from the room on the 3rd floor. Even with my laptop connected to the lobby wifi, the internet was still fast and reliable.

There was good spread for breakfast. Ham, eggs, sausages and the typical continental breakfast. There is a large selection of teas that we were spoilt for choice. The tea was probably the biggest highlight for me as I love teas and the number of choices was just plenty.

Overall 5 stars for a very comfortable stay. Special mention to the reception team at the front desk who were very helpful in directions to the airport and help with my air tickets. I also left an item in the room and they emailed me immediately to post the item back to me. Excellent service and I can’t ask for more. This hotel may not have a gym and swimming pool, but the service is definitely 5 star and beyond.

Room Tip: Any room is good. Request for more amenities if you need so.
2 Thank greasystains
Dear greasystains,

What an awesome review! Thank you very much, it really made my day!

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your stay in our beautiful city. I am delighted to read all your nice comments and I highly appreciate all the details you have mentioned. I believe all these information will be very useful for the other travelers. I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and taken your time to share your experiences via TripAvisor.

Especially I would like to thank you for mentioning our staff. I have already shared your review with all my colleagues as it is a greatest reward for their work.

Once again, thank you for your recommendations and I believe I will have chance to meet you personally at our hotel next time!

Have a great day and Happy New Year 2014!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel. The staff are great, the rooms are comfortable and warm. The breakfast is fabulous. It's a bit of a hike back up the hill form the city centre but the underground station is nearby. Only small problem is poor water pressure. Otherwise I can highly reccomendations this hotel.

Stayed December 2013
Dear Wendy F,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your Christmas stay in Prague!

I am really glad to read you have enjoyed your stay with us and I highly appreciate all your positive comments. We have checked the situation with the water pressure and the situation is solved now - so thank you also for this improvement recommendation.

I believe we will have chance to welcome you at our hotel in the future!

Longview, Washington
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed here over the December holidays while visiting my daughter who is studying in Prague. The staff was wonderful, friendly, helpful. The rooms were nicely decorated, roomy, clean and quiet. The breakfast buffet had many choices and you could also get eggs /omelettes made to order. I was able to buy metro tickets here and they also helped me with train information. The location was perfect for me as it was a 10 minute walk to my daughter's apartment but it was also two blocks from the metro station and not far from a few different tram lines. It was only 10 minutes into down town. The neighborhood felt safe to walk in. I liked that it was a small hotel but also very professional. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: You could ask for a room far from the stairs as there is a little noise when people are talking comi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hippoLA
Dear HippoLA,

Thank you very much for your lovely review!

I am really happy you have chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague and that you have enjoyed your holidays with us. Thank you for all you kind comments and nice words about our location, rooms, breakfast and services. Especially I appreciate your feedback regarding our staff - reading reviews like yours I am really proud of all my colleagues!

Thank you very much for your recommendations! I will be looking forward to welcome you at our hotel again in the future!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Overall, I think the service and the room is really really good. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. The room is extremely pretty and I like the bath room so much. Good place to stay in if you are visiting Prague.

Dear Ong P,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your Christmas stay in Prague!

I am very happy you have liked our hotel - our rooms, staff and service - and I really appreciate you have taken your time and shared your experiences with us and other travelers via TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your recommendations and I will be looking forward to welcome you at our place again in the future!

Israel
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights, and everything that was written here by others is true.
Staff- is super friendly and helpful.
even before we arrived they answer any question I had via email.
we ordered the special autumn offer, which gave us 2 vouchers for tea/coffee,1 bottle of sparkling wine and a free room upgrade if possible, and it was the best. they let us use the vouchers even after we checked-out from the hotel, when we came back for our luggage in the evening. and the free room upgrade was a treat, it was gorgeous!
Location- the metro station is 5 minutes walk from the hotel, and it's 2 stations from the old town stations (Museum/Mustek) - 3/5 minutes tops. great location.
Rooms - huge and gorgeous. the bathroom was very big and new, and everything was very clean.
Breakfast- very good, big selection, cozy room, very uncommon in hotels in Europe. - Eggs, cheese, meat, vegetables, selection of breads, jams, cakes, granola....
Price - Best value for money :)

we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Noale26,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague and for your awesome review!

It was pleasure for me and all my colleagues to answer your questions and assist you with your reservation. I am really glad we were able to upgrade you to one of or Junior Suites and make your stay even more enjoyable.

Thank you for all your kind words and useful information about our hotel, we highly appreciate it.

I am happy you have enjoyed your stay with us and I will be looking forward to welcome you at our place again in the nearest future.

Have a great day!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We chose this boutique hotel after reading comments on Trip Advisor.
They made us feel very welcomed, and their breakfast was delicious. We didn't expect to have egss made to order!
Very clean, wonderful bed linens, and the mini-bar was perfect.
Our departing flight was very early in the morning, yet they had our to-go breakfast packaged up and ready for us. They pay attention to all the little details.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear susuplaces,

Thank you very much for your review!

I am very happy you have chosen our hotel based on our good reviews and I am even happier we were able to meet your high expectations (or maybe even exceed them with on order made eggs). I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and I highly appreciate you have taken you time and shared your experiences with us and other travelers.

I will be looking forward to welcome you at our hotel again in the future!