“LOVED this hotel!!”
Review of Louren Hotel

Louren Hotel
Ranked #27 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have to say that this was one of the best hotels that we have stayed at! We were there for 5 nights. My husband and I travel a lot and have stayed at many hotels. This one, by far was one of the best and gave you the best value for your money on many levels. I emailed them before we arrived to get information about getting there from the airport. They responded immediately and even sent an attachment with a photo of the taxi stand at the airport do we wouldn't miss it! They even booked the taxi for us. The staff is excellent and very helpful. They booked some tours for us and even arranged for us to get picked up at the hotel. They were very helpful with making arrangements and we were even able to get day pass transit tickets from them - very convenient. The rooms were lovely - spacious and decorated in a very traditional style with lots of antiques and crystal chandeliers. The bathroom was one of the nicest that I have ever seen. Good quality fixtures and lots of space. The air conditioning worked well, which was great as it was very hot during our stay. The internet connection was excellent. The hotel was a few short blocks away from the Metro which took you anywhere you needed to go. The breakfasts were great! The service staff were extremely accommodating and would bring you coffee and tea in lovely china. They had linen table cloths and linen napkins - not what you usually see in small hotels!! They would make you omelets or ham and eggs or whatever you wanted. Having breakfast was a lovely experience!!!! The best thing about this hotel is that you felt that you were taken care of by people who really cared about your comfort and stay at their hotel. It felt very homey and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and would look forward to staying there during our next trip to Prague. It was a truly lovely experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Remije
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Remije,

Let me just say a huge THANK YOU! You have really made my day. I am so happy to know you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Reviews like yours are the best motivation for each of my colleagues and I really appreciate it.

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor. I believe that all the details you have mentioned will help the other travelers to imagine, hot it looks and works at our hotel.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and for your great recommendations.

I will be looking forward to welcome you at our hotel in future.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Really excellent and very friendly staff (not so common in Prague), incredibly clean, tasty breakfast with great coffee and a most wonderful room with a bathroom fit for a palace. I had to be in this area for work, it's a bit off center, but really, it's still at walking distance (I walked it in 20 minutes). I received a complementary upgrade, which was the icing on the cake. I've been staying at some of the finest hotels in the world, and then, after 40 years of travelling, the Louren Hotel managed to jump to the top of my favorite hotel list! Thank You Louren Staff for the magnificent experience!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Li_Isings,

Thank you for your wonderful review, it just made my day!

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay. I am glad to hear it turned out to be such a great choice and you liked our staff, breakfast and room. It is a great honour for us to become your favourite hotel. Thank you for such a great compliment.

I will be pleased to welcome you at our hotel again at future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Don't be put off by the hotel's location. I bought a 3 day unlimited use Metro/Bus ticket and once you've found the hotel the first time it's very easy as it's so near the tube/Metro station. I printed directions from the airport to the hotel off the hotel's own website. Very useful. Also nice to be away from the crowds and touts of central Prague to be honest. Hotel is a good retreat.
It was clean, the room spacious, staff excellent.
My travel adaptor didn't work so I couldn't charge my phone, but reception let me borrow theirs. They have a load of them in a drawer!
I was concerned about floods but Lucia reassured me by email.
I asked for a quiet room at the back and was given one.
Breakfast average, but you don't get a full english in Europe very often. No gym, would have liked that. They are minor quibbles. Overall a very good stay.

Room Tip: high up at the back was my room.Quiet, spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear MigsEarWigs,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your Prague trip. I am glad to read you have had a nice stay despite the floods. Your review with all the tips and information is highly appreciated by our entire team and will be very helpful for all travelers. Thank you very much for that.

We will be pleased to welcome you at our hotel anytime you are in Prague again.

Have a nice day!

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Louren. The staff were quick to respond to e-mail to my questions about parking and arranged for a safe place for us to put our car. They were friendly at reception and happy to give advice and recommendations. You could reach the center of town easily via public transportation or a long walk and the neighborhood was pretty quiet. The breakfast was included and excellent. The shower was fabulous - something that is decidedly not universal in Europe. The only complaints I have are that the wifi was spotty and slow and that our room could have used another chair.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have been renovated. We got one of the newly decorated ones and it was excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Saarita,

Thank you for staying at our hotel recently. I am really happy you have enjoyed your stay and that you have shared your experiences with us and other travelers here on TripAdvisor. We have seven new rooms (opened last or this year) and we were pleased to offer you one of them. Some of them are Junior Suites and some (as the one you had) are Superior Double rooms. We are still improving them according to our guests wishes and recommendations and we will definitely add another chair soon.

I will be glad to meet you at our hotel again in future.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I loved this hotel. Everyone was so friendly and they went out of their way to help you. We received so much help at the front desk planning our trip. The breakfast was delicious! Our room was very clean and this hotel was located in a safe and quiet area. It was convenient getting to the tram 1.5 blocks away and a short ride to the city center. We are definitely staying here again our next visit. Thank you Louren hotel for everything you have some for us!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Hongmurray,

Thank you for your lovely review! I am happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and I thank you so much for sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor.

I will be looking forward to meet you and your husband at our hotel again in future.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I, along with our two college-student kids, recently returned from a long weekend in Prague at the Louren Hotel. (Yes, we were there the weekend it rained so much that parts of town flooded.) We were initially wondering if we'd made a mistake in booking so far from the attractions in the Old Town, but once the flooding started we were glad to be on higher ground. Plus, the relatively quiet neighborhood meant a good night's sleep for all of us--although we were close to some great restaurants, including a Vietnamese place where we could get takeout for the night when we were all exhausted, cold and soaked from a busy day of touring in the pouring rain. Once we figured out the subway and tram system in town, we found that the location was quite convenient.

The staff were uniformly helpful and cheerful, providing us with restaurant tips, transit tickets and very nice umbrellas when ours gave up the ghost. Breakfast was great, including cooked-to-order eggs, a variety of breads, cheeses and meats, fruit, a veggie tray, yogurt, granola, and cake. We were able to fill up on breakfast, and only needed a tea and cake break mid-day before dinner.

We had a suite, which included a large living area and a sleeping loft with a double bed, a single and a fold-out single under a skylight. We spent a little more time in the room than usual because of the weather, but found the accommodations comfortable for all of us. And the WiFi worked really well--something that isn't always a given in hotels.

The Louren Hotel was nice without being stuffy, service-oriented without being obsequious, friendly without being intrusive. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Susan,

Thank you very much for your great feedback. I really appreciate your review with all the information and I believe that it will help other travellers to imagine how it works at our hotel and in Prague as well.

I am glad you have chosen our hotel for your stay and that you have all enjoyed it (despite the rainy weather and floods).

Thank you once again for you recommendations and hope to see you at our hotel again in future.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My family of four stayed three nights a the Louren Hotel during the Prague floods. We couldn't have been more pleased with the accommodations and the service. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. They helped with great restaurant suggestions, transit tickets, umbrellas, cabs, and bowls to help eat our take-out pho from down the street. The breakfast had a wide range of foods. The hotel is located a little way out from the hustle and bustle of the old town, but the subway is just a short walk away. The benefit from staying outside of the tourist zone was quiet nights and easy access to restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Josefree,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Prague. I am happy to hear that the rainy weather and floods did not spoil your holiday. Many thanks for mentioning our staff and service, I really appreciate it.

I believe we will have chance to welcome you at our hotel again in future.