“Excellent stay”
Review of Louren Hotel

Louren Hotel
Ranked #25 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife and 3 children (5, 10 and 15) stayed for 3 nights from May 17-19th during the Prague Marathon. We booked a family room that had steps leading up to a loft from the main room. The room was very clean and the hotel had a very pleasant atmosphere. Breakfast was served every morning from 7-10 and there was a nice selection to choose from. My 2 younger kids loved the options available to them.

The metro stop was a quick 3-4 minute walk away and you could be near Old Town Center in 3 stops on the subway (about 7-8 minutes).

Lucia was extremely helpful in providing us print outs of tram and subway connections, tickets for transportation and help with pointing out the best location for my wife and kids to watch the marathon.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Prague. While it is not in the town center, it is still very convenient and there are plenty of restaurants in the area. The pleasant hotel staff and quality of the hotel can't be beat.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CLuther_13
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Craig,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and also for sharing your experiences with us and other travellers. I am really glad you and your family have enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

I was pleased to help you with your reservation request and I am sorry I was unable to meet you personally. That is why I believe it was my colleague Jana from the front desk (unfortunately not me :) ) who helped you with everything during your stay. I am happy to hear she was at your disposal and that you appreciated it.

I believe I will have chance to meet you at our hotel in future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My trip have a little daughter. I suitable for familly everything excellent if u did not want to live in old town it is the best choice in prague .Everything pay attention to perfect.The staff were all extremely professional and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. The hotel's location is perfect. It is very close to the metro but in a quiet area. Near supermarket albert.The breakfast itself was very nice.I would definitely return here if we go to Prague again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear teerachai,

I am glad to hear you and your family have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for all your positive comments, I really appreciate it. I have already shared it with all my colleagues as feedbacks like this are the best reward for our work and great motivation for all of us.

I will be looking forward to meet you all at our hotel in future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had room 45 which must have been their suite. The bath was larger than what I have at home. This was clean, comfortable and quiet. We loved the firm mattress which ensured a restful sleep. The only point to note is a small in room safe. Large enough for wallets, cameras, passports, cell phones and money all at the same time. But could not place Apple iPad in the safe so be mindful of large valuables. Breakfast was the best in my 4 visits to the city. You could get just about anything and they would even cook omelets or eggs to order if you wanted. They had a quaint bar area where you could sit at any early hour before turning in. Staff was exceptional and would help with any issue. Located in the University section which was quiet and great cafes and restaurants nearby. This is a must stay when in Prague.

Room Tip: Room 45 was a great room. It faces the street but did not notice any traffic even with the window op...

Dear travelpro231,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Prague!

I am pleased to hear you have had a nice time in our wonderful city as well as at our hotel. The room you have stayed in (no. 45) is one of our Junior Suites and I am glad you liked it.

Thank you for mentioning our staf and all your other notes, I really appreciate your feedback.

I will be looking forward to welcome you at our hotel anytime in future again.

Take care!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Really good hotel but lower than the travelers choice expectations

Pros:
very nice staff and excelent money exchange rate .. So dont exchange in airport or elsewhere
They sell public transportation ticket which we found ver convinent
Breakfast bread is so tasty
10 minutes to the city center using the near by metro
Room is so clean and good room service
Nice neighborhood
They upgraded us to better room when we had problem in our room
Most important was the complemenetery champaign for our honeymoon

Cons:
Hard mattress
Staff dont speak english aside form the reception staff
Not a four star hotel , you could stay at the center for same price
Breakfast buffett has limited choices And stops at ten
Location is ok easy by metro but need a taxi if u r coming back after midnight
Small tv
Rooms are old . Clean but not luxurious at all

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear Haya_NY,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your honeymoon. I believe you have had a wonderful time in Prague despite all cons you have mentioned in your review. I really appreciate your feedback as this helps us to improve our service. I am as well glad to see the list of pros in your review as this will help the other travellers to plan their trip.

Let me now please add something to the cons list, to explain/clear the situation:

- I am sorry the mattress did not meet your needs and I understand it can be hard for some guests..but also too soft or perfectly suitable for some others. Anyhow I am glad we were able to meet your other request regarding the bedding and you got the room with king size bed - with one big mattress.

- Our breakfast waitresses and room maids speaks just basic English, that is correct. We are already planning a training for them to improve their language skills. Anyhow all the receptionists and managers do speak perfect English and are always at your disposal to forward your requests or wishes to the colleagues.

- Yes, it is possible to stay in the city centre for the same or also for the lower price. Let me just add that there are just eight 4-stars hotels with better ratings on TripAdvisor than ours. This means you can stay downtown for the better price, but the quality is not guaranteed.

- Our hotel is a small hotel with just 27 rooms and we do not have a huge breakfast room/restaurant. This is why we unfortunately can not offer as wide buffet as hotels with hundreds of rooms. This is why we focus on the quality not the quantity. We are still improving our offer, adding new things and preparing eggs upon order (for no extra charge). If there is something specific you were missing I will appreciate your feedback on my email. The breakfast is usually from 7 until 10. When there are many guests staying at the hotel the breakfast is extended until 11 (as it was for 1 day of your stay). We are always flexible to our guests requests so if we knew you prefer later breakfast we would offer you a late breakfast roomservice.

- The subways are oparating until round midnight but there are also night trams we would recommend you. Number 51 stops right round the corner (tram stop Perunova) and goes every 30 minutes. It takes less than 20 miutes to get from the Wenceslass Square to the hotel by this tram.

- Some of the TVs ale older and smaller, thats true. We are now changing them at our rooms but we are unable to do it at once. At the Junior Suite you were upgraded to there is already a new flat screen TV.

- Some of our rooms are brandly new (opened last or this year) and some of them are older. Anyhow our rooms are equipped with wooden furniture, marble bathrooms, Laufen bathroom accessories or crystal lamps. I believe that wood, marble or crystal are still luxurious enough even if they are not brand new. Maybe when we have used cheaper furniture bought in some furniture supermarket we will be able to change it each year but due to high quality of used materials we are unable to do that. We are regularly changing and renewing towels and bedding linen and making other improvements in guests rooms (changing TVs, adding windows blinders to some of the rooms, changing chairs/armchairs covers, buying new sofas, adding body lotions to the cosmetics sets etc.).

I believe your review togeher with my comments will help other travellers to imagine better how it works at our hotel. I know we are not perfect and we still can do things better. Anyhow I believe that the amount of positive feedbacks from our guests, our ranking here on Trip Advisor and Travelers Choice awarad are not just a coincidence. On the other hand I fully understand we are just unable to meet demands/standards/expectations of each of our guests.

Once again thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your experiences.

Wish you a great day!

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I only spent one night here but the staff here made us feel like we were very special guests. Everyone was friendly, spoke fantastic English, and was very helpful. Some of the best hospitality we've experienced in years of traveling. They gave us a map and good directions for walking to the historic center of Prague, made sure we got a table for breakfast, and called a taxi for us after breakfast. The breakfast itself was very nice, with ample choices of foods, from dry cereal to eggs and bacon. You can even order an omelet for no extra charge. The place looks very elegant, our room was clean and nicely appointed and quiet. Personally, I would prefer to be closer to the old town if I were staying in Prague longer, but I cannot fault this hotel for anything.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear D H,

Thank you for your stay and awesome review, it really made my day. I am very glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay even if it was just for one night. Me and my colleagues, we will be all happy to welcome you and your wife at our hotel again in future.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Everyone in Prague was friendly and polite and the same applies to the Louren hotel. The staff were all extremely professional and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. Every day we bought our metro tickets at the hotel. We usually bought single journey tickets (cheaper than a 90 minute ticket) because we only travelled to the centre then walked everywhere so we didn't need a 1 or 3 day ticket. The hotel's location is perfect. It is very close to the metro but in a quiet area. I would definitely return here if we go to Prague again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room overlooking the courtyard at the back.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear klompen25,

I am happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay at Prague as well as at our hotel. Thank you very much for staying with us and for your nice feedback, we really appreciate it.

Anytime you are in Prague again we will be pleased to meet you at our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Really helpful Reception staff, especially Eliska.
The whole hotel was very smart and we had a large well furnished room.
For breakfast they offer made to order omelettes and other eggs; there is a reasonable selection of other items.
Excellebt location if you don't want to be in the city centre as the metro and trams are nearby.
Their staff recommended the Potrefena husa which was excellent for an evening meal.
My only quibble is that there are no English TV channels.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Paul and Anne,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay and for sharing your experiences with us and other travellers.
What especially made me happy is your feedback to Eliska. She is a new member of our team but she is working very very well and it is nice to hear it is not only my oppinion. I have already shared your kind words with her and all my collegues.
Thank you also for mentioning our TVs - we are planning a brand new system but until it is done we will have to check more frequently, if the channels are set correctly (and working well).

Wish you a wonderful day and I will be looking forward to meet you at our hotel anytime in future!

Kind regards,