“OK value for money”

Ranked #571 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Ramat Gan, Israel
“OK value for money”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed in this hotel with friends for 3 nights. The location is OK, as the hotel is located meters from a tram stop, making it 12 minutes trip to the center. The hotel looks pretty much outdated and old, but our rooms where clean and the beds where pretty comfortable. Staff was pretty friendly, though occasional English-related problems occurred. Free WiFI in the lobby worked as expected and breakfast, well, did the job.
Again, we got exactly what we paid for.

Room Tip: The view is pretty good on higher floors.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank GrishaShafran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Me and my father stayed in this hotel for 3 nights last August during our big 12 days journey through whole Czech Republic. i read few comments which say location is not good, but I find it very good actually because it is 1 min from tram station which connects it to center, and even better option 5 min to Strasnicka metro station and you are in city center in 15 minutes that way! We traveled by car, but we never used them in Prague because connection of hotel with city center is really good..there is parking in front of hotel for cars, always enough space, and one bigger closed parking close to hotel where mostly buses stay (hotel is always full of groups who come by bus). Rooms are basic, but clean and bathroom is totally OK. The only problem in our room was view, we had a view on other block of hotel and that was quite unpleasent, we could see some ppl in other room, so I suppose they could see us and that was excursion (those who come by bus).. However I recommend this hotel to everyone who want to see Prague and waste very little money on accommodation which is more than OK! Plus i find location "not in center" even better because I prefer peaceful nights when stay in city hotel, and this neighburhood is very peaceful at nights.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mare24
Bridgetown
Reviewed August 26, 2012

On arrival I was greated by the horribly dirty carpet in the lobby and reception area. Sadly this lack of cleanliness continued. The carpet on my floor was also filthy and there was an unpleasant odour throughout the hallway. At the end of the hallway was a large window that appeared to never in its existence been cleaned.
The room itself was better than the rest of the hotel however there was a stain on the carpet that I was forced to cover with a table and my suitcase in order to stay in the room. Thank goodness the bathroom was acceptable.
Breakfast was included but the general lack of cleanliness of the place killed any appetite I might have had.

Poor location also. Far from any of the attractions of Prague. On the plus side there is a tram stop right outside the hotel and you can purchase tickets in the hotel lobby.

WiFi is only free in the lobby area.
The staff were reasonably friendly.

My best advice to anyone looking at this hotel is to FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank IngridElaine1

Travelers are raving about these Prague hotels

Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Close to the underground station, come out of the station and walk around the corner a few minutes and you reach the hotel. No signage or directions to it. Large hotel, the carpets and furniture are very old and outdated. Rooms were worn out but the beds were clean and fairly comfortable. This is a classic example of you get what you pay for. For the price we paid, we can't complain. If we paid more, then yes I would expect a lot more. Do not pay little and expect a lot here. Breakfast was not great but it did the job, a good selection of bread and different ham with cheeses, eggs, toasts, and the other usual things you should find at a buffet breakfast but again, Do not expect anything amazing. WiFi was in the lobby for free which was fine. We were up on the 10th floor and the views were not bad. Staff were friendly. It is in need of modernisation but its so cheap. For what we needed, it did the job, 3 days and it was quick to get to the center. took less than 45 minutes from the airport to arrive here by bus and train. Very simple.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BSGSGB
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We booked a room with my husband for 4 nights-113 Euro price. We chose the hotel because it was close to the tram stop, which is right outside and the metro is at walking distance in 6 minutes. The hotel has two entrances, the main one, which leads from the main street closes for the night. Another entry is from the right side. The reception, in which is the lobby bar has a very repulsive. On the ceiling are mirrors, carpet is dirty, thanks to the lobby bar is everywhere smell the smoke from cigarettes.
Our room was large, bright, with two large glass doors to large balcony. We lived in a 10 floor so the view was amazing. The bed was comfortable and clean bed linen and towels. Furniture in the room has been extensively used and the carpet was very dirty. The room had a minibar - a small water 1.5 Euro. The bathroom was clean, but old style.
Wifi is free only at the reception and lobby bar.
On the way to the restaurant is a board with a description of the restaurant and opening hours, but it lacks the letters and it looks absolutely insane. So I can not read from What time is breakfast.
Upon arrival we were given cards for breakfast, which we show a young man before breakfast / probably a student who was very attentive and spoke English.
Breakfast was poor. The restaurant was spacious, but the staff could not manage to clean it and stretching. Food was very poor. It wasnt hot water for tea, eggs, bread. The Czech Republic is quite Czech job seekers, so I do not know why the hotel employs a terrible Russian-speaking citizens who do not know how to behave. One day Miss working in the restaurant and the next day cleaning up the reception. Another Russian rubs a yellow cloth tables for coffee, just to make it look that works.

But the worst experience of the hotel receptionist was named Stanislava. That's stupid, arrogant women I've met. I have no idea how such an arrogant and unwilling person can work at the reception. My husband asked her in ENGLISH for information about the massage. Stanislava reluctantly stand up from his chair and started talking to my husband-RUSSIAN. Can u understand it?? And my husband say sorry i dont Understand and she did not stop Even speak and speak russian continue. Dreadful woman. I went for my husband and I started to speak English to her. She looked at me as a terrible waste and English asked me if I speak with her .... I had no mood to talk to the stupid and evil Human.

For the price we paid them adequate hotel, everything was value for money, but the hotel management should be configured to change a few employees.

Room Tip: We had room in the 10-floor and a room had a balcony, so beautiful view of Prague
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anet B
co durham
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Had a large room with a fantastic view of the city that was the best thing about this hotel. I asked at reception for a iron 3days later & I still didn't get one , most of the staff are miserable especially the receptionists , breakfast was poor & the hotel needs a lot of money spending on it .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank justmeCoDurham
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling on a budget. It is in a quiet residential area, but only 20 minutes on tram or underground from the Old town. We got a 3 day public transport pass and got around the city very easily. The staff was very helpful with free maps, directions and recommendations for sightseeing. We never tried the hotel restaurant for lunch or dinner but breakfast was decent with a very nice waitress.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends