“Well Done U Prince!”
Review of Hotel U Prince

Hotel U Prince
Ranked #141 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Great location right next to the Astronomical Clock on the square. The room was great 2 floors with the bed on the second floor. Cool elevator. Great big windows for fresh air! AC worked well. Kind of quirky cause they actually use a real key for the door, This was a little bit of a negative because you had to lock yourself into the room at night and I guess could be a fire haszard! Great service and very helpful staff. The roof top restuarant is good for a drink to check out the view but is expensive and overpriced. The bar in the basement is very cool witha very entertaining and well trainer bartender and the specialize in drinks of days gone past and good martinis. Great at arranging for car service and pick up at the train station. Would definitely saty here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Ken,

Thank you for your kind review about your recent stay at Hotel U Prince.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, especially your Junior Suite with bedroom on the mezzanine level, the location and the personalised chauffer service.

It was fantastic to know that you were well looked after by our team at The Black Angel’s Bar, as they do take pride in delivering the highest level of customer service and going the extra mile. It has been recently announced again among top 4 Hotel Bars in the world by Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans.

We hope that you will stay with us again in the very near future.

Michaela Bauerova

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have just returned from a break to Prague and had the fortune to stay at the U Prince Hotel.
Hotel rooms are large and extremely well decorated, bathrooms perfect. The hotel has an amazing roof top terrace , a must for food and drink with beautiful views over the old town . Staff are warm and welcoming , breakfast good , food and drink served all day at there al fresco dining area.
If you want a true 5 star hotel in the best location in Prague this is it!!!!

Dear Simon,

We thank you for posting such a nice review on our TripAdvisor page.

I am very happy indeed to read that your stay with us was so fantastic. We work very hard to ensure that everything is taken care of to meet our guest's needs, and I am most pleased that this was your experience during your time with us.

We are looking forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed here 3 nights. The room was pretty quiet considering the hotel is right on the square by the Astronomical Clock. Very convenient location for walking the city. Hotel staff was very helpful. Breakfast was ok, nothing special. The rooftop restaurant is a good place for a drink and the basement bar would probably be nice but they also have cigars in there so it isn't very pleasant. Our room looked just like the online photo!

Room Tip: Room 26 is really quiet considering the hotel is right on the square
1  Thank bocasmiles

Dear Bocasmiles,

Thank you for your review. I would like to also thank you for staying with us at Hotel U Prince and for your positive comments about your room, the location and the service provided by our team.

In regards to The Black Angel’s Bar in the basement, we really do sell a wide selection of cigars there since it has been designed in the style of 1930s restaurants, the so-called ‚public houses‘, where people of all social strata met their friends after a hard day’s work to cheer the spirit with a good drink, which was then quite unaccountable banned. Cigars are real part of this era. I do however apologize that it was not up to your liking.

Thank you once again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

If you're visiting Prague, then this restaurant will be hard to miss. They have an indoor part including a balcony, and an outdoor section that is up on decking.

Food came quickly and tasted nice, although does not compare to some of the other restaurants in Prague. Good for a quick meal.

Free WIFI available.

Dear James,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on this site.

We were delighted that you enjoyed your meal at our Restaurant at Hotel U Prince. I am glad you appreciated the free WiFi we provide to our guests.

We hope to have you back in the near future!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were getting married yesterday, and we couldn't pick better hotel for our needs. The availability is excellent, wedding guests from all over Europe arrived by cars, buses, trains, and planes, hotel has its own luxurious transfer service, with decent and helpful personnel. Trip to the hotel is a breeze, it is also very close to a subway station Staroměstská, 5 to 7 minutes by walk.

The bride had the room ready for herself and her staff since the late morning, and all the preparations took place there. The excellent thing is, that the wedding hall is one minute walk, just across the street, so even in extremely hot weather, all the guests had the comfort of staying cool at the hotel grounds, and then no hassle with attending the wedding itself.

The staff is extremely helpful and attentive, our every wish was fulfilled with smiles on their faces, it is not a thing You see everyday, even in hospitality business.

Air conditioning was quite quiet, the room was surprisingly quiet too, given that it has windows to the street and to the square, where street performers play their instruments since early morning. We have heard them, but it was so soft and unobtrusive, that I was actually suprised by the level of outside noise, when I opened the windows. The interior is very pretty, looks historical, and the place has very nice genius loci. Everything was pristine clean, not a spot of dirt or anything. Due to historic nature of the building, we have been expecting less comfort and were prepared for some "historic dust". However, we were pleasantly surprised, that every piece of furniture, however complexely carved from wood, is clean. It is also very comfortable, and also very thought for, There is not only TV, which one expects automatically, but also a PC for private use.

Bathroom has bathtub AND a separate shower corner, with massage jets, sprinklers and all sort of options, so taking a shower after the wedding day was nothing less than a blessing to our tired bodies. After such a shower, me and my bride have slept so well, that we can not remember how long it was since we got such a good sleep.

The best, unforgettable thing however, was the breakfast on the rooftop terrace. The peace, the serenity, the outstanding view! The care of waiters... The excellent food, everything fresh and mouth-watering! The food was also well thought through, from "heavy stuff" like sausages, bacon and eggs, through the "middleware" such as salmon slices and selection of cheese, to the vegetables and salads - only one word describes the experience: EXCELLENT.

Having Hotel U Prince as our wedding hotel was the choice, and also an experience of a lifetime. Some things and places You never forget.

Hotel U Prince is definitely one of them. Not just because how does it look, but especially because how the personnel is attentive and nice.

Wow.

Room Tip: We had only one room, so I cannot compare, but room No. 12 is a blast. If I ever have a chance, this...
2  Thank Punik

Dear Punik,

I would like to thank you for your detailed review about your unforgettable lifetime experience here at Hotel U Prince!

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate you once again to your marriage!

I was thrilled to learn that your time with us was such a success, and that our team were able to contribute to such a memorable experience. It is truly a pleasure for us when our guests choose to spend their special occasions such as wedding here, and I am delighted that yours was so fantastic and enjoyable!

Moreover, it was great to read that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your spacious St. Florian suite, the jewel in Hotel U Prince crown!

I am also very happy that the special prepared sumptuous breakfast, served in the unique setting of our Terrace Restaurant, was a success and that you had beautiful weather that morning. You and your wife look very happy on the photographs! It will be my absolute pleasure to pass your excellent feedback on to our dedicated team of chefs and waitress!

I would like to wish both of you a life full of happiness!

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The Hotel is well located right opposite the Astronomical Clock in Stare Mesto.It's a short walk to most major sites.
It is an old UNESCO heritage building but has a lift. Our room # 25 has a long flight of stairs to the loft bedroom - can be a problem getting to the toilet downstairs in the middle of the night! Has aircon but could be more effective. Room is very spacious and comfortable. Big bed is very comfortable.
No coffee/tea making facility. Can be noisy at night but then you are in the heart of the action.
Go up to the famous Roof Terrace Restaurant for dinner or drinks. The view is rewarding. Staff were always helpful and friendly. Say hello to Pavel at check-in - is a very nice and helpful person. Get up early to see the Square before the hordes descend. Hotel is reasonably priced.
Cars cannot come in at certain hours of day so contact hotel when you arrive at closest drop off and Pavel will come and assist you with luggage. Email hotel when booking for best instructions. Hard Rock Cafe around corner is the closest we think. Dragging luggage over cobble stones can be tedious.

Room Tip: Check to see if bedroom is a loft. There may be a few steps(5) once you get out of lift to get to y...

Dear IntrepidTraveller4,

I would like to thank you for posting this wonderful review about your Hotel U Prince experience.

I am very happy to read that your stay with us was truly fantastic. It was great to read that you have especially enjoyed your Junior Suite with its bedroom on a mezzanine level, the rooftop Terrace Restaurant and the quality of our beds.

You have pointed out Pavel for special praise, and I will make sure that he is complemented for his great work at our next Front of House meeting.

I would like to also mention that Hotel U Prince is indeed in a pedestrian area of the city center and only a hotel taxi can enter the area with a special government permission.

Thank you very much once again, and we will be more than happy to welcome you back with us any time!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I came to Prague for the first time and I could not pick the better hotel! My girlfriend and I stayed in room 35 – no view, but the overall presentation makes up for it.

What I have never seen in any other hotel in the world so far is that they have a real Persian carpets in the rooms! Just to mention 35 is a standard double room. I asked the receptionist whether they are real, they provided me with loads of information including the fact they were special bought in Iraq, just to ensure that they get the best quality!

I found it very amazing. What I also liked is that it is a family owned hotel, this place has this unique kind of atmosphere, nothing is the same, it is not like one of those big chains –everywhere in the world the same, plus the décor/deisng fits with the city, antique but stylish. Staff very friendly, very polite and knowledgeable.

Before I booked this hotel I check their page on tripadvisor and everyone mentioned the same location - absolutely fabulous, right in the center. What not many people not mentioned the type of beds the hotel has – amazing, one of the best sleeps I've ever had.

So if you do like luxury for good value, do not hesitate and pick Hotel U Prince!

If I ever go to Prague again I will definitely pick this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Cem Caglar,

I would like to thank you for your recent review on our Tripadvisor page.

I am very happy to read that you have had a great stay here with us, and the reception team in particular showed you such excellent service.

Hotel U Prince is indeed a family owned hotel, we are very committed to exceed every guest’s expectations by providing the highest quality amenities.