“Great Food Good location”
Review of Hotel U Prince

Hotel U Prince
Ranked #104 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great Food Good location”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in front of Astronomical Clock. We actually went for Dinner at the hotel . Excellent food. Good vibe . Will definatley go again.They also have a terrace restaurant with very good view over Prague

• Stayed January 2014
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear RParbhoo,

I thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit to Hotel U Prince restaurants and I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your dinner and the atmosphere.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Michaela Bauerova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our two nights in room 24, a junior suit with spectacular views over the old town made this the most perfect break. The free WiFi and the excellent inclusive breakfast were a nice surprise. Staff were very pleasant particularly in Black Angel's Bar which was one of the best bars I have ever visited. This is a family run hotel and it's clear from the warm hospitality that they really want to make it a home away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the town square
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Mr. Ian S,

It is my pleasure to read your kind feedback on Hotel U Prince and I am delighted how highly you appreciate the room 24, breakfast and the free WiFi.

I will certainly share your comments with the Black Angel’s team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed over in this hotel one night before Christmas. I read some reviews here on Tripadvisor and I couldnt choose better hotel! The staff was very helpful and friendly, the receptionist Katka recommended me the world famous Black Angel's Bar which makes the best cocktails in Prague. Unfortunately, I regret that I didnt have time to dine on The Terrace restaurant....the view is unique. You should not miss this hotel during your trip to Prague

PS: The hotel had probably the most beautiful Christmas decoration out of all buildings on the Old Town Square

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Peter Bar,

We would like to thank you for your review about your recent experience at Hotel U Prince.

It is my pleasure to read just how highly you valued the whole stay with us, from the Christmas decoration, Black Angel’s Bar and the service provided by our team.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with Katka and everyone here. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel U Prince again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed as a family of four for 3 nights between Christmas & New Year at the U Prince. The hotel has an excellent location right on the Old Town Square. Our room had views over the Square and was clean with traditional furnishings.
Service throughout our stay from the hotel staff was efficient and reasonably friendly. We were grateful that the concierge organised the hotel taxi-bus to take us to the airport at the end of our stay. We didn’t eat in the hotel restaurants apart from for breakfast, which had a good hot/cold buffet. The hotel has free Wi-Fi which worked ok. We would have liked to have tea / coffee in the room. Also, the sound-proofing from the room above ours wasn’t very good and we could hear loud footsteps / wheeled suitcases across the wooden floor, which woke us up in the night. But overall, we enjoyed our stay at the U Prince although it was quite expensive (but that was mostly to do with the Christmas season).

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view over the Old Town Square
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Twickenham_family,

Thank you for your recent stay and review on our TripAdvisor page.

Firstly, I would like to wish you and other people reading this review Happy New Year 2014!

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay including your room with a view, the service and our hotel breakfast here in Hotel U Prince.

You have also mentioned that the sound-proofing was not to up to your expectations and that you would appreciate a tea and coffee facility in your room. I thank you for this further feedback, particularly as you are a Top Contributor on TripAdvisor, and I will raise these matters with the appropriate members of the hotel management team.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

My first visit to Prague with my new wife, we were on our honeymoon.
A good location overlooking old town square and the astronomical clock outside the Window and the Christmas markets just over the road.

Staff very friendly and helpful with luggage.
Room decor was nice, fully stocked minibar (although when I went to have a white wine I found that the previous occupant had drank it, refilled it with water and put it back in the fridge. I didn't worry too much so had a beer instead).
No tea or coffee facilities in the room (which I found surprising for a 5 star hotel).

Breakfast buffet was good with a wide selection and friendly staff. (Although staff did not actively approach tables to clear and just tended to wait till we had 5 plates stacked up and were leaving until they approached the table to clean it).

Ordered room service on our first night and a staff member came to our room to take our order. Veey impressive and the food arrived within 20-25mins.

Over all a very nice hotel.
Staff knowledgeable and friendly and good English and happy to help.
Would be nice to have a tea and coffee in the room though.
A good stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Adam H,

Thank you for your feedback and your kind words regarding your recent stay at Hotel U Prince.

I am glad that you chose our hotel for such a special occasion. I would like to congratulate you once again and wish you a life full of happiness.

I am currently investigating the minibar incident mentioned in your review to work out how this could have happened, and how to ensure that such an experience is never duplicated. I do apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in Hotel U Prince.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I was in the attic room, which was a tad small and the elevator does not get you there so I had the carry my suitcase up the stairs.

WiFi works perfect, hotel staff was friendly and breakfast was delicious.

I'd go back and wouldn't give it a second thought.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear maormp,

Thank you for your review and your positive comments. I am happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our staff was helpful during your stay. If you have any future travel plans to Prague, please do contact me directly at michaela.bauerova "at" hoteluprince.com as I will be happy to assist you with a room of your preference.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

My first visit to Prague. The hotel was excellent. It is right on the Old Town Square, such a great location. Most of the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Thoroughly enjoyed our time and would definitely recommend the hotel to others.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jeb1401,

Thank you for posting a positive review on our TripAdvisor page, as well as for having chosen us in Prague.

We are happy to read that you liked our hotel, its location and that you have enjoyed your stay. I am glad to know that you would recommend our hotel to others.

We hope to welcome you back to Prague in the future!