“Difficult to fault, worth paying a bit extra to stay here.”

Archibald At the Charles Bridge
Ranked #55 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Booked at last minute after corporate web site let me down so didn't really know what to expect. On arrival (10:30 pm) I was a bit concerned - the reception area is quite small, only staffed by one person. But they were SO helpful. Gave me lots of maps and recommendations, told me i still had time for 1 beer, showed me around the hotel, etc. The room was large with coffee making facilities. The decor was 'classic' rather than 'modern' which fits in with the character of the hotel. There was no desk to work at, but actually that was nice since there was a large sofa (sofa bed?) which was also very comfortable to work on. Wi-fi is free but had a tendency to drop out in the evenings. Location is in a quiet square on Kampa island, literally just off Charles bridge, and it is hard to think of anywhere better. There is a first floor balcony that has some really nice views over the bridge, especially at night. Breakfast (included) is above average, but the restaurant where it is served is great - looks like its an old wine cellar or something with vaulted ceilings.
I knocked one star off for the intermittent wi-fi issue and the bath towels which are starting to show their age - getting towards the stiff and scratchy rather than soft and fluffy, but these are really minor issues and if you are in Prague, this hotel is well worth consideration if its in your price range.

Room Tip: I **think** there are some rooms outside the main building with no covered walk way to breakfast roo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank hungmung
Archibald h, Front Office Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Mr. Hungmung,
Many thanks for your review here on TripAdvisor, but most of all for choosing to stay in Hotel Archibald At the Charles Bridge during your honeymoon trip to the Prague!

We really appreciate your shared comments with tripadvisor community and are so glad that appreciate our staff.

We want to continuously improve our hotel based on guests reviews so nowadays we continuously working on improving of WI-FI.

In Archibald At the Charles Bridge we all look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you back once again so you can convince for yourself the service is still improving.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Just spent 3 days here. Very comfortable hotel in a prime location. Comprehensive continental breakfast (fruit/bread/bacon/eggs/coffee/tea etc). Liked the firm bed.
Would have given 5 stars, but a couple of very minor points added up to a -1. I was given room 28 - right next to reception, the office and the front door (which is a latch type) - so quite noisy during the day from 5:30am to 11pm. But perfect after that. Also has a view of the wall of the building opposite (and vans in the driveway). Wifi was a bit patchy but manageable. Tried to move to another room but they were full.
As I said, minor points and overall a very pleasant stay.

1  Thank EuripidesRex

Dear valuable guest,
thank you for the nice review and very good rating! We are glad to have been able to accomodate you in our hotel and we certainly hope that you will return one day! Thank you for your kind tips for improving our service for other guest. I can assure you that I will bring it up to our highest management. If you will ever plan to come back to Prague, please don´t forget that you can contact us anytime!

Wishing you a great spring,

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I booked the Archibald by Charles bridge in December 2013 for April 3rd- 6th 2014.
I went through Trivago and decided to use Olotels as they were offering this hotel at £63 per night.
I was surprised to see the hotel price increase substantially (£799 per night) as we approach our weekend away.
This concerned me so I decided to email the reservations manager (Anna Klimova) who quickly responded to my email to reassure me that we had definitely got a room at that rate at the Archibald.
However when we arrived at the hotel we were told they had no room for us and escorted us to another hotel across the road. The night receptionist simply told us there was no room for us and he had just been told to take us to an alternative hotel of equal standard (this is debatable.)
I went to see the manager the next morning who told us the hotel was fully booked due to building work. However there were people checking in as I sat there!! I wonder if they had paid the higher rates??
The manager did not want a bad review for this hotel so offered us a meal in the restaurant and a taxi back to the airport.
Obviously I cannot give a honest review of the hotel as I didn't get to stop there. However I can honestly say I was greatly disappointment by their treatment and would be reluctant to try this hotel during busy periods. Trivago or Olotels were not at fault as Anna confirmed my booking. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We visited Prague for just three nights to see the sites and had a wonderful time. This hotel made our stay even better. The facilities are great and the staff so helpful that nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are recently refurbished. They are huge with lovely comfortable beds and are spotlessly clean. The location is perfect. Set in a quiet cobblestoned square with restaurants and right next to Charles bridge. It is quiet enough so you can get a good nights sleep but right in the heart of the sites.
Can not recommend this hotel enough. The perfect hotel for a short trip to Prague.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Archibald h, Front Office Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Kaye,

Thank you so much for your feedback following your recent stay at Hotel At the Charles Bridge in Prague. I was really pleased to read that we met your expectations in terms of the facilities and most importantly the service we provided you with. Our hotel is really in magnificent location and is a great place to relax.

I do hope you get the chance to come and stay with us again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2014

It was the best cost-benefit of our entire trip.
Really helpful staff, excellent breakfast and very spacious room. When we arrived, the sink of our bathroom had a leak but they solved it in 10 minutes maximun!
The location also could not be better, right next to the Charles Bridge.
Returning to Prague, we have no doubt where we will stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear valuable guest,

we do very much appreciate your comments and feedback ! Thank you very much for your visit. We are glad that you appreciated our quick service, staff and breakfasts. I am delighted to read that you evaluated service provided by our team. I will personally share your kind comments with all of them.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we would be more than happy to welcome you again soon. In case you would like to do so, please do not hesitate to contact our reservation department for some special offer.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

My wife and I spent 2 nights here at the end of March and found the hotel to be excellent. The staff on arrival were polite and couldn't do enough to help. The room itself was amazing and one of the largest we have ever stayed in. Both nights we ate in the restaurant and could not find fault with either the food or service. The same applies to the breakfast, as the choice was excellent! The hotel is located in a perfect location, literally next to the bridge! It is nice and quiet and a much better choice than other hotels I've stayed in Prague. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would like to thank everyone there for making our stay such an enjoyable one.
We will remember it for many years to come.
Dean & Andrea Portman

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Dean & Andrea,

we do very much appreciate your comments and feedback ! Thank you very much for your visit. We are glad that you appreciated our room, service, staff and restaurant. I can assure you we are working on quality of our service every single day ! I will pass your thanks to all my coleagues.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the end of March and we would be more than happy to welcome you again soon. If you would like so, please do not hesitate to contact our reservation department to get some special offer.

Jan Kalenda,

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We spent 3 nights at this hotel at the end of February and found the staff to be very polite and helpful. We arrived early and were able to leave our luggage in a locked room till we returned for check in. We found the room to be clean, tidy and comfortable with a view out to the local park. The location is nice and quite and just a short walk to the Charles Bridge which leads straight across the river and on I to the old town. The castle is a comfortable walk in the opposite direction although we would recommend catching the number 22 tram up the hill. The breakfast was a self service buffet with plenty of choice and although we only had one meal in the restaurant it was very nice and the service was excellent. We would definitely recommend staying here and I hope we get the chance to return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear valuable guest,
We really appreciate your comments and are so glad that your experience with location, room and breakfasts felt like we “met your expectations”.

In Hotel At the Charles Bridge we all look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you back once again.

Best Regards,