Archibald At the Charles Bridge
Kampa Garden(Prague)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,376 results
All reviewscharles bridgekampa islandperfect locationold townriver viewquiet squarelesser townjohn lennon walltop floorlovely hotelacross the rivermala stranamini barroom was largehotel is locatedwould definitely stay here againtea and coffee making facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The location of this hotel is, in my opinion, ideal for exploring the beautiful city of Prague. A (very!) short walk to the Charles Bridge and then on to Old Town Square and the surrounding area. Although we did spend some time over that side of the bridge, my husband and I preferred walking around on the side the hotel is on. It is quieter and less touristy. (spoken like a true tourist!)
My husband and I have been to Prague before, but this was our first stay at the Archibald. We had visited previously (2005) but only for a meal and drinks. The hotel had changed since our last trip, adding a lift and some extra rooms. Unfortunately, by adding these rooms, the hotel has lost most of the courtyard garden which was a lovely outdoor seating area. There are still seats and tables outside at the rear of the hotel, overlooking the river.
Our room was on the first floor, directly above the reception, the noise however, was minimal, mostly other guests going for breakfast earlier than we like to!
The room itself was spacious and very clean. The cleaner visited every day and the standard of housekeeping was excellent.
Instead of a double bed, we had two singles pushed together but they were comfortable and we slept well. The air conditioning was an absolute godsend! The temperature in Prague was well into the 30's during our trip so after a day of walking around in the heat, it was really pleasant to be able to sit and relax in a nice cool room.
There is a well stocked mini bar and tea/coffee making facilities in the room which we did use on a few occasions.
The buffet breakfast was standard and had a good selection of things to choose from. The lunchtime/evening meal menu was reasonably priced (about the same as other eateries we visited in the city) and my husband and I enjoyed every meal we ate there.
The staff are friendly and helpful.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again myself if we visit Prague another time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lisa w
Archibald h, Front Office Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Madam,
thank you for your great review of our hotel! We are glad that you decided to stay with us after your previous visit of our restaurant. It´s a great pleasure for us to see that we exceeded your expectations. We would really appreciate if you tell your friends indeed! We are of course looking forward to your next stay! Wishing you a great day, E.Aljanabi, FOM.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from our second visit to the Archibald at the Charles Bridge. It is located in a quiet area yet within walking distance to all sites. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank cruisingpug
Archibald h, Front Office Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Sirs,

I am very grateful to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, especially the nice location and our great staff! Thank you very much for your kind review and rating. If you´ll plan to return, you can always contact our reservation dept. with special request for your next stay.

Wishing you a great summer time,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

It was me and my family's first time in Prague and we're so happy that we chose Archibald at the Charles Bridge.

Let me start with the hotel itself. It's a small, cozy, charming hotel. The interiors really give you an authentic feel. Our room is spacious and beautiful. The garden/courtyard is lush. The dining area's ambience is unique. It's just LOVELY!

Location. Top. Just a few steps from the Charles Bridge. It's right beside the river and the view from the cafe is fantastic! Their cafe is perhaps my favorite spot in the entire of Prague. I always have a cup of coffee here after a long day of touring. It's simply the best.

Service. Excellent. First of all, our airline left my sister's luggage in Amsterdam. She was so devasted unsure if it was stolen or left in the airport. The reception team helped us retrieve the bag and we got it the moment we woke up. Kudos to you guys. Aside from this incident, they are always going out of their way to help us out and they gave us excellent tips for our stay in Prague. I watched a concert with my sister and the reception team made sure that we made it on time, got back safely, etc. We felt so taken care of. Thank you to everyone!

Food. Delicious. We were only able to eat here during breakfast but it was really good nonetheless.

I am defintely recommending this hotel and if given the chance to go back to Prague then I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BombshellT

Dear Sirs,

thank you for such a great review! It´s a great pleasure for us to see that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. The location is really central and our aim is to offer the best service possible. Once again, thank you very much, we are already looking forward to your next stay!

With sincere regards from sunny Prague,

E.Aljanabi,FOM.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great service, old, clean and charming rooms. Beds a bit hard though. Back of the hotel was next to the river. Excellent breakfast, which we had outdoors every morning. I am unsure about the value for money, but apart from the beds we had nothing to complain about

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Archibald h, Front Office Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Sir,
thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback very much and we are expecially glad that you liked the breakfasts! The offer changes everyday and over seasons.

Wishing you a nice summer time,

Reviewed July 24, 2013

One of those hotels where everything was great-One could not fault anything.All reception staff were very helpful & friendly.
Location is perfect=1minute to Charles Bridge , but yet so quiet.
Highly recommend

Room Tip: View over river
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sirs,
thank you very much for your nice words about our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Wishing you a great day,