“Very nice hotel”
Review of Hotel Marketa

Hotel Marketa
Ranked #337 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed March 8, 2014

It's very nice and comfortable small hotel in the Prague 6. Hotel location and interior are very good. Staff on reception were very friendly and spoke English. Free WiFi in the hotel and a lot of free info-things (maps, flyers) in the reception are made our staying very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank volgapremiumhotel
HHOTELS_PRAGUE, Manažer at Hotel Marketa, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2016

Dear Guests,

thank you for your visit and beautiful words about our Hotel Markéta.
All members of our staff are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We thank you for sharing your extensive review with the others.

We are looking forward to your another visit.

Best regards from Prague

Hotel Markéta Team

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I liked staying there though I had a vary tiny room. Service was good. Food is ok. Location is good for lovers Of calm places to stay at. I liked people who worked at the reception. They were very friendly and helpful. I am very greatful to them.

Room Tip: I liked view out of my window.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I required an unassuming and quite location to use as a base to operate from which required seclusion.
Hotel Marketa fitted the bill nicely. The staff were very friendly, professional and polite during my stay. This made me feel very comfortable and at ease.
Cleanliness is always paramount and I found it very good indeed as we would expect. Breakfast offered a good variety and always plenty!
The double room is more than sufficient, beds are comfortable. The only thing missing is coffee/tea making facility in the room, this would be appreciated in future, hence a four star.
Overall I have given a five star as it was a very pleasant stay and privacy respected and maintained throughout!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank AJ-Devon-UK
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I guess location is the main disadvantage of the hotel.
First of all I loved the buffet and the cleanliness. The quality of the services is above average, for this costs are very well formed.
Rooms could be a little larger and wi-fi faster.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The rooms are OK, clean, beds comfortable. I know better in Prague for same (or little lower) price, but this is high enough standard.
The English translations in the hotel are funny - Restauration instead of Restaurant etc. etc. Just try to read the fire emergency instructions and you'll understand what I mean.
Breakfast rather poor.
BUT: The receptionist in the morning was terrible, the worst experience ever in my life (spent partially in hotels worldwide). Not being able to print the receipt and instead of appology was arogant and not helpful at all. It took 40 minutes to print receipt for overnight stay - at the end the receipt had 3 pages and was all wrong anyway. But everything is possible to resolve if staff is listening to customer needs and providing solutions instead of this unacceptable approach. It is impossible to explain and express her behaviour - you'd have to see it to understand how bad it can get.
NEVER AGAIN. This hotel is not going to see me and our company is going to cease the cooperation. You can find many places with much more friendly/helpful staff in Prague.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I had a great stay. Walking distance to centre. I got what I paid for. Staff were friendly & welcoming. It was cheaper to stay slightly out of town but very straight forward walk in. Breakfast basic but again reflected the cost. I would go to this hotel again. Very close to airport. Very clean.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My friends and I celebrated the new year in Prague and we stayed at this hotel. It is excellent, great value for money, very clean, rooms like those on the hotel's website. Service is also very good, the staff speak English, the location is also excellent, very quiet, within walking distance to the city centre, the old part of the city. If you ask the staff for a good restaurant, they will recommend a good place, I forgot the name, but the prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends