I booked a suite with kitchenette. Even if I was on my own, it was a double. Very spacious room! It had indeed a kitchenette with all that you need, but there were no pots or pans, so it was difficult using it without them. Anyway, the fridge was well used and I had dinner there every night. There’s a Tesco supermarket not too far, so you can fill it with food from there (and actually prices are super cheap!)
Beds are a bit too narrow and they had no light covers, which I think would be convenient for summer. I was there in June and was quite hot in the room.
The room also had a kettle, TV (with some satellite channels), a couch (that I think can be a bed) and a space for dinning with table and chairs. Also a lot of glasses, dishes and forks, spoons, knives… Things were clean and even if the building was not new, it was all fine.
Location was superb. It is not in the middle of the old town, but Mala Strana is a very lively district with lots of attractions and places to see. It is also very well communicated and there’s a tram stop just around the corner in the main street (Újezd) and some buses too. The tram takes you straight to the castle. And the funicular takes you up the Petrin Hill. There’s also an underground station around, Anděl, a 10-15 minutes walk. Good for connecting with the busses from the airport.
The old town isn’t too far anyway and you can walk to the Charles Bridge in minutes and from there to everywhere. Transport is cheap though, so trams are easy and convenient.
Breakfast was good and you could eat as much as you could. There was a nice buffet and had everything I wanted or needed. The breakfast place is in the basement.
The staff was super nice (Vaclav specially!) and they can keep your luggage in the last day. They are also very helpful with every question I had.
There are some nice restaurants around. I just ate in the one in the corner and food was cheap and very good!
So, very happy with this hotel, good price and good service in a great location. I would be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Residence Mala Strana*** is situated in a beautiful location just few steps from Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, Petřín gardens and the Infant Jesus Church and the other historical landmarks. Hotel Residence Mala Strana*** offers 35 apartments for 2, 3 or 4 people. The apartments are fully furnished and equipped with satellite TV, telephone, minibar, safe deposit box, bathrooms with bathtub and hairdryer. Some of the apartments have also a kitchenette. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Hotel Mala Strana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Mala Strana Prague
- Residence Mala Strana Hotel