“Very nice and comfortable hotel”
Review of Hotel U Krize

Hotel U Krize
Ranked #233 of 649 Hotels in Prague
galati
“Very nice and comfortable hotel”
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We stayed in Hotel U Krize during 3 - 6 September. We found it very nice, spacious rooms, friendly staff, an excellent option if you need good accommodation in such beautiful city like Prague. We were two adults and our son aged 11 and had a 2 level room with stairs in the middle, which were the attraction of my son. Breakfast is usual, many choices to eat and location is excellent, just opposite the funicular to Petrin hill. Tram station is near the hotel, which is very convenient when you want to go downtown.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank leogalati

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Liptov
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Me and my wife we went to Prague for sightseeing. We were looking for a room close to centre and tram stop, with wi-fi and garage at afordable prize. Not easy task in centre of Prague. Parking was an issue. Many *** hotels doesnt have own parking and you have to park your car 10 min walk away and pay 20 € per night. Hotel U Krize has all what we were looking for plus aircondition and breakfest included in room price. Breakfest was good and lot to chose from. Hotel restaurant is serving lunches at very good price 3 - 4€ end hotels guests has even 15 % discount . Hotel stuff was helpful and kind.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed March 16, 2005

I praised this hotel based on a visit with my daughter in 2002. It was truly a gem. I returned with my husband in 2004 and was saddened to see the deterioration. The location is still great and I still appreciated the parking, but the rooms showed considerable wear & tear. I was most saddened to find that the charming breakfast room/restaurant, which could have been featured in Architectural Digest for its elegance and decor, had been replaced with a garish Italian restaurant painted Day-Glo Orange!!! I know the flood was a terrible hardship, but it broke my heart to see the change.

It's still good value in a great location, but it is no longer the romantic treasure I so wanted to share with my spouse. But please patronize this place so they can afford to restore it to its former glory. The staff does not have the greedy and dour "let's gouge the tourist" attitude that has recently overtaken Prague and that in itself is worth something.

6 Thank ruhskis
UK
Reviewed March 1, 2004

We loved this place. We stayed here for New Year 2001. It is in a wonderful location opposite the bottom of the funicular. Very close to Charles Bridge and the old quarter and the National Theatre. Trams run from the road outside but we walked to the centre across the river. The breakfasts were superb (self service buffet) and we had a feast on NYE.
The reception staff were very helpful with maps directions and we soon got our bearings. When I return to Prague I shall be staying here again.

13 Thank Cornwallian