I enjoyed my stay in Prague very much, and there is little doubt the city is absolutely beautiful. The hotel was very clean, and I thought the service was efficient. There was a friendly member of staff who guided us to our rooms, and he always smiled at us when we left the hotel. The rest of the staff warmed to us as well- do not forget, that this is a different culture, and that appearences can be decieving. If you, as a tourist, make the effort to say good evening and good morning to the staff, you will find them considerably warmer to you. Also, to me at least, the hotel seemed quite quiet- though this may be because we were away from the main road in our room location. Nevertheless, it was a quiet hotel in terms of other guests moving about etc.
We didn't always eat breakfast in the hotel, but it was basic and tasty when we did. The room was spacious and cosy, and the bathroom was brilliant, with a nice shower. Around the corner from the hotel (as you get to the bottom of the street and turn right) there is a conveniant little tesco store that offers very cheap bakery items.
The walk to Charles Bridge is about twenty minutes, and is also a very pretty walk if you walk by the river, going past other bridges and some delightful gardens. We walked everywhere we could; to the castle, to the new and old towns etc. This enabled us to see Prauge in all its beautiful majesty. If you are not up for walking, there is a regular tram service.
Occasionally, restaurants will try to rip you off, however even when they do so, you end up paying less than what you would in the UK. A restaurant I would recommend is the KoKovna, which is near the old town square, as the food is traditional Czech and very cheap. A 1 litre bear costs just over 2 pound there as well!
Overall, this was a wonderful holiday, in a wonderful location- I shall definately recommend this to anyone, and will be back here myself as soon as I can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Mala Strana quarter, BEST WESTERN Hotel Kinsky Garden 4 star hotel in Prague offers you the comfort of its warm and elegant rooms, for a pleasant stay in the most charming European capital. BEST WESTERN Hotel Kinsky Garden hotel is located in the peaceful Mala Strana area that is well served by public transportation. Perfectly situated in a renovated 19th century building, the hotel is a convenient starting place for discovering the historical center. BEST WESTERN Hotel Kinsky Garden Hotel, for a leisure or business hotel stay in central Prague. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hotel Kinsky Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Kinsky Garden Hotel Prague
- Best Western Hotel Prague
- Best Western Prague
- Prague Best Western