The hotel is across the river out of the main tourist district but because the Metro, tram, and bus network is so good (better than most US cities), this was not a negative. It is a few steps away from a main tram trunk that handles many tram destinations. Trams run 24/7. Connects into underground Metro stations. We walked to the Royal Palace via Petrin Park's trails (large steep hill but great views and sites during day) and back to the hotel along Karmelitska/Ujezd streets (easy/safe at night).
We prepaid for a non-smoking room on their 4th floor. Stairwell definitely had smoking smell and room was thick with deordorizer/scent from bed cover (Masking previous guest smoking violations?) Similar scent in the corridor probably from carpet freshener. We had housekeeping remove bedcover and we opened the windows each night we returned from the days activities to let the room air out. We also turned the thermostat off as it was set to very warm (was 4 to 5 degrees Celsius outside in Nov so hotel had heat on). Hotel sits along a well used 2 lane road but we could not hear any noise when we closed the windows on the side that overlooked the road. Like any well populated residential area, parking is "on-street" so you'll find most flat spaces marked for parking. Some graffiti on a wall across the street from the hotel entrance but not easily visible from your room. Does detract from the area's charm somewhat. Some past effort to remove some of this evident but hotel management needs to get this removed immediately. Suggest paying owners of wall to plant wall covering ground cover to dissuade future markings and "dress-up" the utilitarian look of the street. Typical but ugly kid stuff that you'd find in Western cities. Makes area seem less friendly/safe than it really is.
Hotel offered shuttle to airport at 600 Kc on the morning of our departure. We were quoted 300 Kc for the car the previous night by the hotel's front desk. In any case, there are other options that can be made that are considerably cheaper and you should avail yourself of that information.
Hotel has a good hearty westernized breakfast (option paid for in our room rate) w/ croissants, rolls, ham, cheese, fruit, coffee cake, juices, fruit, bacon, eggs, granola, toast to get started in the morning.
Like most hotels in Prague, the building is older. This hotel's facilities are well kept. Bathroom is modern, clean, fixtures are up-to-date, toilet is efficient and robust, shower/tub is fiberglass/acrylic, drains work, floor tile grout clean. Closet includes full length mirror, shelves, multiple hangers (oddly not for trousers...only shirts/blouses).
Room has what looks to be a "Pergo" type laminate imitating wood strips (no carpet) that has seen better days but is likely cleaner than any hotel carpet you'd find in any hotel (yes that includes U.S. 4 and 5 star hotels...I know I use to work in those). TV is 40 inch LCD flatscreen mounted on wall...mostly non-english programs but had BBC and CNN. Utilized in-room safe which was easy to use. Had refrigerated Minibar which we did not use.
Would consider booking this hotel for a future stay but would remind the management that I'd still research their competitors offerings. Also remember Prague's star ratings are "European" and not U.S. They are not the same. Yet, the Best Western Kinsky is a good value, comfortable, good location for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Mala Strana quarter, Best Western Hotel Kinsky Garden 4 star hotel in Prague offers you the comfort of its warm and elegant rooms, for a pleasant stay in the most charming European capital. Best Western Hotel Kinsky Garden hotel is located in the peaceful Mala Strana area that is well served by public transportation. Perfectly situated in a renovated 19th century building, the hotel is a convenient starting place for discovering the historical center. Best Western Hotel Kinsky Garden Hotel, for a leisure or business hotel stay in central Prague. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splitty, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Hotel Kinsky Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Kinsky Garden Hotel Prague
- Best Western Hotel Prague
- Best Western Prague
- Prague Best Western