“First trip to Prague”

Ranked #26 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Commerce Township, Michigan
“First trip to Prague”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

One week ago we came back from Prague. It was cold, but overall trip was nice.
We loved this hotel. Nice service, good rooms, very good breakfast. Cozy hall with nice furniture. Hotel is away from major tourist zone, but this is good unless you like to be in the middle of action all the time.
Tram is around the corner (1 minute walk). We like to walk, but took tram few times on the way back to the hotel.
We were in room 107. At the first glance beds did not seem comfortable, but when first night we tried them we changed our opinion. Rooms have mini bar, but of cource it's not free.
Hotel has sauna and mini jym, which can be reserved individually. Sauna cost us 200 korunas and we did find out about the cost after we used it. So, if you want reserve anything or buy, ask about cost up front.
If you like beer, take 'Ujezd' road toward Carlov bridge (one tram stop), there is restaurant "U Svejku" - good and cheap beer with good kitchen (5 minutes walk from the hotel).
More likely we will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear guests,

thank you very much that you have chosen our hotel for your first stay in Prague. Thank you for your feedback, very appreciated! I am happy that cold weather did not discourage you from exploring Prague. I am very glad you loved our hotel.

You are always welcome here and hope we will see you soon again!

Radka Římalová

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Hohenfels, Germany
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Julian on a long weekend trip. What a great place! It's close to all the tourist spots, either by public transportation or on foot. The staff is super friendly and super helpful...breakfast is delicious....parking is secure. It was a great place to stay and we'd definitely reutrn.

Room Tip: If you're travelling with children, remember that European hotels aren't usually set up like...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear guests,

thank you that you have chosen our hotel for your long weekend holiday in Prague. Thank you that you took time to share your feelings here with other travelers.

I am happy you enjoyed the stay and am very glad while reading you will return. I hope it will be soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Me and my Girlfriend stayed over the Easterweekend at this Hotel. The Staff is very friendly and the Hotel is also Dogfriendly. We had just very good impressions. The Rooms are clean and new restaurated.

Dear guests,

thank you for your Easter stay with us and your nice review, I appreciate that. I am happy you had good impressions. I hope to welcome you here again.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel. Excellent location and value for money. The staff cannot do enough for you - everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are spotlessly clean and unlike other establishments there is plenty of hot water available for baths/showers at any hour. You will be set up for the day with the wide variety of hot and cold buffet breakfast to choose from. We stayed here for 4 nights in March and enjoyed our time here immensely. It is perfectly located for all attractions with public transport and very good restaurants nearby. As the hotel is celebrating it's 20th Anniversary this year they even put on a violin concert which was a wonderful touch. We will definitely be returning - next time in the summer when the weather is a bit warmer!

Dear guests,

thank you very much for your long stay with us and your feedback, I appreciate that!

I am happy you enjoyed the location as well as services provided by our hotel staff. It is great that you took advantage of the concert and you liked it.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in summer.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Especially nice hotel!
Quiet, kind and very cozy!!)
First of all, I would like to thank hotel staff. I've travelled a lot, and have never seen before such nice people! Secondly, I woild like to mention very good room, good location and hotel restaurant.

Dear guests,

thank you that you have chosen hotel Julian for your stay in Prague. I appreciate your review. Thank you for your nice words, that are the best praise for our work.

We hope to see you again!

london
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were greeted with a glass of bubbly on arrival as the hotel is celebrating its 20th year. A nice surprise. The decor in the lobby area was amazing lots of antique trinkets on the walls and in cabinets make for a good game of I spy! Breakfast was a variety of hot and cold meats and fresh fruit and pastries/ cakes.

This was all very good. There was also an ice machine to get ice for your min bar.

The room was very simple. Bathroom was smart but the bedroom area simple. There was two single beds pushed together rather than a double. I think they have a different star rating system in Czech Rep as this was more like a good three star hotel room than four star. This is the reason I have not given it 5/5. Also there was some problem with the tv channels which was eventually sorted but it was a shame bbc news had no sound. It didn't matter too much though as they had free wifi to check Internet. This was a good connection.

If you are after Czech food please ask reception to recommend somewhere, either in town or near the hotel. I found the staff very helpful and accommodating.

Ok this hotel is not in the main centre but you can walk there in less than 20 mins or take one of the regular tram services from just near the hotel.

Reasonably priced but not cheap. we would visit prague again and would consider staying here again.

2 Thank LondonJimbob
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay with us and your review, I appreciate all your comments.

I am very sorry if our hotel did not meet all your requests and am sorry for an accidental failure of bbc, sure it must not happen:-)

I am glad that our staff was helpful for you during your stay and you liked the lobby area.

I hope to welcome you here in Prague and our hotel again!

Tampere, Finland
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I guess pretty much everything there is to say about this hotel has been said many times already, but just to confirm that all those commending reviews are true I decided to do my bit as well. Together with my girlfriend we stayed at Julian for 4 nights and really, really enjoyed our stay. Being in Prague several times both on holiday and on business trips, this was by far the best place I've stayed in this beautiful city. Our room on the 4th floor was clean and cosy and although it wasn't huge, it was actually bigger than I expected beforehand. And yes, service was great all the time day and night, no matter who happened to be at the reception. Breakfast was very good also with lots of things to choose from. Views from the roof top terrace are great and I can imagine it's a nice place to sit in summer time. We also took advantage of their "romantic package". It's a matter of opinion if the package is pricey or not but I have to say that everything was organized perfectly and we were satisfied. The package included pick-ups from/to the airport, sparkling wine and other small surprises etc. Maybe the best part was free sauna and whirlpool after a long day of walking in chilly weather (In Finland we've used to throwing water on the sauna stove, but it was nice and hot enough even for us anyway). In case you're maybe coming to Prague for the first time and wobbling on where to stay, don't let the location of Julian affect your decision. It'll only take some 15-20 min. to walk e.g. to the castle or to the Old Town and there's a tram stop just around the corner with good connections to virtually every part of the city. Moreover, the neighbourhood around hotel is nice and calm, and there are many pubs and restaurants nearby which are often better and always cheaper that touristy places in the Old town.

Room Tip: Our room on the 4th floor was a nice attic room with sloping windows. Altough it's on the street...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your long stay with us and that you took time to share your feelings here, I appreciate! I am happy you took advatage of the romatic package and you enjoyed it. I am so glad while reading that our hotel was the best place in Prague for you and hope, you will return soon:-)

Enjoy the last days of winter.