“Amazing Christmas break” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing Christmas break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I definitely recommend this hotel! The staff is very friendly and helpful. It has a great location, everything is at a decent walking distance. Also the breakfast is really good. My husband and I had Christmas dinner in the hotel's restaurant and it was delicious. We asked the staff if they could get us tickets for the Christmas Gala Concert and they got us great seats in the second row of the auditorium! We also booked their 'Romantic Package' and it was completely worth it. If we go back to the beautiful Prague we would stay at this hotel again.

2 Thank Paolet_MS
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear guests,

thank you that you have chosen our hotel for your Cristmas celebration. I appreciate your review, thank you. I am happy you enjoyed Romantic package as well as Christmas dinner. It was pleasure of the staff to help you with concert tickets, I hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you for your recommendation and hope we will welcome you here again!

Enjoy the end of the year and I wish you all the best for the next one!

Radka Římalová

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great hotel, great staff and excellent location. We booked the driver to pick us up at the airport and he was there waiting even though our flight arrived 30mins early.The rooms are lovely,very clean and a great bathroom.Breakfast was good with lots of choice. I would recommend this hotel and i would certainly stay here again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 1959marie
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your Christmas stay with us. I appreciate your review, thank you. I am happy while reading your comments, thank you for your recommendation!

Enjoy the end of the year and I wish you all the best for the year 2013!

Laoag, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

we booked online with the hotel direct, no problem, they just asked for crdite card deposite, we travel by car, just the arrival was a bit tricky, but when we finally found the hotel everything turned to be out great, nice staff at the reception and the spoke english well!. The private car park inside the yard was great and safe. The room check in was speedy and prfessional.
the room was spacious and very clean, the room had a mini TV with Intl channels.
Reception staff was very helpful with all the inquiries we had.
Breakfast buffet, was plenty, even we did not enjoy a

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Foodie226
Dear guests,

thank you that you have chosen our hotel for your holiday in Prague. I appreciate your feedback. I am happy you enjoyed all provided services. I hope to see you here again!

Enjoy the end of the year and I wish you nice and successful year 2013!

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Excellent location away from the hustle and bustle of the centre. The hotel is very warming and friendly with the check-in process going very smoothly with no complications and very informative to your requests. Rooms are large and have all the facilities you need for a short break and are spotlessly cleaned every day.The attractions of Prague are all but a stroll away and the walk is refreshing as you can see the wonderful architecture as you wander around.
Definitely recommend Hotel Julian and Prague.
It surprised and gave more than was expected so will return back.

3 Thank Tef66
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear guests,

thank you that you have chosen our hotel for your city break in Prague. I do appreciate you review. I am happy you enjoyed the location and everything that our hotel and Prague provide. That is great to read you would like to come back. We are alreday looking forward to your next stay!

Enjoy the end of the year and I wish you all the best for the year 2013!

Herne Bay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

The Julian reminded me of an English Manor House inside.-old fashioned but charming.Although it is on the wrong side of the river it is no more than 100 metres from a number of tram lines to take you all over Prague.The restaurant was downstairs and extremely small however the food was quite good and reasonable in price
Don,t turn the television on if you are at all prudish !

5 Thank eric h
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear guests,

thank you that you have chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague. I appreciate your feedback. I believe that you enjoyed your holiday. When it comes to the television, I guess you are talking about free erotic channels. I believe that also prudish people can put their TV on, there is always that warning channel before, so everybody has opportunity to choose or even we can block it:-)

I hope we will see you here in the future again!

Enjoy Christmas and I wish you all the best for the Year 2013!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I initially booked a room at Hotel Julian based upon the reviews I read on TripAdvisor. I was pleased when I arrived to find that the service was fast with no faffing about. Paul was super welcoming and will bend over backwards to help you. The rooms are large and have the basics you need. The beds are a little firm but I'm not too fussed about that. The hotel isn't slap bang in the middle of the Old Town but if you want to explore Prague, it's definitely well located and only a 15-20 minute walk to get to the Old Town. It may sound far but it's a lovely walk along the river and a great way to see the city. I didn't take the tram once while I was here because I enjoyed the walk so much (the hotel will sell you tram tickets if you want them).

The breakfast is pretty good and will certainly fuel you up for your day around Prague. The wifi is very good and I had no issues with it dropping out or being slow.

I have stayed at Hotel Julian twice now and would return the next time I come to Prague without hesitation.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 308 which was very good and had a bath. The second time I stayed in room 208 which...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank sammyontour
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your two long stays with us and sharing your opinions here with other travellers, I do appreciate that! I am very delighted you were satisfied with the location as well as with provided services. It was the pleasure of Paul and other staff to make your stay comfortable.

You are always welcome here, we are already lloking forward to your next stay!

Enjoy Christmas and have a nice and successful New Year!

Carlisle, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

We had a four night stay at the Julian in mid-December. I was hoping for snow and blue skies and got both!

Getting to the hotel - Normally we would use public transport to get from the airport to the hotel (and this is a simple matter of Bus 119 and Tram 20) but as we were arriving towards midnight I opted for the hotel's taxi service. Glad I did as the airport was largely deserted and everything shut. Efficient, quick journey with a friendly driver - 600CZK.

Location - I'd done plenty of research before booking and had opted for the Smichov area, or in this case, somewhat midway between Smichov and Mala Strana. It's a 5 minute walk North to the Petrin Hill funicular and a further 5 mins on you are into the heart of Mala Strana. In the opposite direction, it's a 15 minute walk to Andel and its new shopping mall (excellent supermarket there). As others have written you can actually walk to the old town easily enough in about 20 mins. However, the Prague tram system is excellent and there's a tram stop just 2 mins walk from the hotel - four tram routes run through this stop including direct services to Wenceslas Square, Mala Strana and Andel. Very usefully, the hotel reception sells the one day travel card and provides free maps (with tram/metro routes). The locale is quiet but there are a couple of restaurants / pubs nearby. Alternatively, two or three stops on the tram up to Mala Strana opens up many more possibilities.

Breakfast - quite good. The usual suspects were present in a self-service buffet and the ladies kept everything topped up and tables tidied very frequently. The buffet is mostly cold meats and cheese but warm eggs (scrambled or boiled) plus sausages are included plus fruit, cakes, cereal. The bread was varied by the day and all of it was excellent especially the dark, seed-crusted wholemeal and the sourdough. I'd've liked more than the two sliced cheeses on offer. The coffee was a bit on the poor side I thought.

Bathroom - again, a nice size and clean. A couple of strange things here though: the shower head was at a height of 5 foot (150cm) which I found very odd so resorted to having baths. The hot water seemed a bit flaky taking ages to run through in the evening. Also the soap dish (no drainage holes) was drilled into the wall directly under the shower head with obvious nasty white stickiness as a result. Plumbers eh?

Bedroom - nicely sized room on the non-smoking 3rd floor (as is the 4th) with comfortable beds (firm mattress, lovely). Not a lot of street noise. Minibar and tea/coffee making facilities. The tv had around 15 channels including BBC World and CNL. Also included, gratis, are two "erotic" channels although this is a strange euphemism given that the actors had seemed to have got hold of the contents of the soap tray... Now, I enjoy a good show as much as the next man and whilst reception can turn these channels off I would question their inclusion in the first place at this type of hotel especially as free wifi is available.

Restaurant - we ate there just the once: quiet. This is a cosy little room downstairs described as being in the English Pub style (not really IMHO) run by a very friendly waitress. There are a couple of benches/seats to sit at the bar but I think the hotel is missing a trick by not opening until 6pm. I presume they want people eating rather than boozing. Quality good, prices ok.

In summary, a very comfortable option in an excellent location (as long as you don't want to be right in the middle of the action) with very friendly & helpful staff.

Room Tip: You must request a non-smoking room if you are a non-smoker.
2 Thank raskolnikov
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay with us. Thank you for your review that definitely helps to other travellers. I am very glad our hotel was a good option for your stay in Prague and you liked the location as well as services provided by our staff. I am sorry if there was a trouble with the water, It was probably caused by frosts, it can become when the old pipes in Prague freeze, I am sorry for that.

We hope to see you at our hotel in the future again!

Have a nice Christmas and I wish you all the best for the year 2013!