“Excellent choice in Prague”
Review of Hotel Julian

Hotel Julian
Ranked #24 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Excellent choice in Prague”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've been a guest at Julian's for 14 days and if I'm glad enough to return to beatiful Prague, I will stay there again for sure.
The location is optimal, since the hotel is pretty near many places of interest as the Charles Bridge or the National Theatre, and at the same time, it's in a quiet and safe spot in Prague.
The hotel is beautifully designed and decorated and the rooms are very clean, spacious and comfortable, and no noises from the outside are heard from them. Wifi connection is excellent and the hotel provides the guests with a free bottle of water and tea and coffee at the rooms, though it is really nice to have a cup of tea or coffee by the fire place in the cosy, lovely library in a cold evening.
And last, but not least, all the members of the staff are extraordinarily kind, knowledgeable and helpful and you'll feel really supported by any of them, which is very important specially when you're for the first time in Prague.
Breakfast is varied (I loved the croissants and the taste of fresh bread) and the restaurant offers a very fine cuisine (it's not easy to surpass my mother's gulas, but they do!). Of course, I highly recommend this special hotel, I had a wonderful stay there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear guest,

first of all I would like to thank you for your long stay with us. I do appreciate you review, such nice words are the biggest praise for our job. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for mentioning our goulash, it is nice to read that it surpassed your mother´s one:-)

Enjoy the Christmas time.

You are always welcome here!

Radka Římalová

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Columbus, OH
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Julian in October 2012. This is definitely a travelers hotel. The location is Mala Strana is really convenient. I'm glad that we chose this location because it was out of the melee of the old town, and out of the shadow of the castle. However, it was very convenient to walk to every place we wanted to go. We really enjoyed the sights of the Mala Strana neighborhood, including taking the funicular up the hill to the lookout tower, walking down toward the castle, and enjoying food and jazz in the area. The hotel was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was great, and the front desk staff were welcoming and helpful. Great hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear guests,

thank you very much that you have chosen our hotel for your October stay in Prague. I do appreciate your review. I am happy that the location of our hotel was convenient for you and you liked the neighborhood. I am also very glad you enjoyed our provided services.

You are always welcome here!

Enjoy the end of autumn!

Lochearnhead
Reviewed November 9, 2012

A delightful hotel. It was lovely to be in an individual hotel rather tha a chain with predictable fixtures and fittings. The lounge was full of curiosities and complimentary coffee and cakes are served there all morning. Not that we needed any after the breakfast which was a vast selection of cold and hot foods, a variety of bread, jam, cereals, yoghurt, cakes coffees and teas. The roof top garden is a nice touch for the summer season. The bedrooms were comfortable and bathrooms well equipped. We never triedthe fitness room and whirlpool. Maybe next time. We used the laundry service and items were returned cleaned and pressed the same day by adelightful oman who was also our chambermaid. Lucie on receptipon was very helpful in all matters including sight seeing ideas. We visited Karlstejn castle thanks to Lucie. It was 30km out of Praque. The train was about £10 for 6 of us and it was a great day out of the city. We never ate in the bar restaurant however had a few pre and apres dinner drinks that were served either in the bar or in one of the lounges. Internet access and use of a computer and printer are free which was perfect for printing off boarding passes and checking business enquiries at home. We found the hotel via an airmiles recommendation and would certainly return and recommend it to others. There is a tram stop nearby. An ideal location for visiting everything that you need to see or do in Praque. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank briarinfo
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay with us and your nice review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and all provided services. Thank you for praising Lucy. Anyway, we have two ladies called Lucy at the reception, but I believe that both are amazing:-)

I hope you come again in the future!

Have a nice autumn.

Ontario
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We recently stayed in a triple room. Room was clean and cosy. Hotel very charming, with a quaint sitting area off the lobby. Good selection for breakfast. Location is good. It is walkable to go across the Charles bridge and into old town but you may want to buy tram tickets if you're going back and forth for a couple of days. You can buy them at the reception. We had asked to get picked up at the train station on our arrival in Prague and the gentleman was waiting for us when we got in. It was well worth it. We also asked him to drive us back on our departure day as we were leaving early morning. Service was very reliable. All in all, we were quite happy with our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear guests,

thank you very much that you have chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague. I appreciate your review written here, thank you! I am glad you were quite happy with your stay and hope to see you again!

Have a nice autumn!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had originally booked another hotel for a 4 day visit but reviews on Trip Advisor led to me cancelling that hotel. I looked on Tri;p Advisor to find the best hotel for me in my price range which worked out to be the Hotel Julian. Every comment was so positive and I am so glad I booked with the Hotel Julian. I arrived around 10am with a booking in time of 2pm and was going to leave mu luggage at the hotel, go out and return to book in. The room I had been allocated was free and reception spoke to housekeeping and they cleaned and prepared room for me within 30 minutes and I was able to go straight to my room. This was exceptional service. The whole hotel staff are so friendly and cannot do enough to help you in any way and they are truly multilingual. The room was lovely and huge, with a beautiful en-suite shower room with everything you could possibly need. The room included tea/coffee facilities, complimentary water and biscuits and had a fridge/mini bar, safe and massive hanging space. There was even a small room opposite my room on the 1st floor where you could help yourself to ice cubes for drinks. The breakfast was brilliant including cereals, bacon, sausages, eggs and hot beans or veg, cold meat and cheese, tomatoes and cucumber, cheese spread, preserves, cakes, fruit juices, lovely filtered coffee, tea, fruit,, lovely fresh bread and sliced bread for toasting. The breakfast set me up for the rest of the day. Although I had understood from original reviews by others that there was no restaurant, there was in fact a restaurant facility in the basement bar and dining area - which was picturesque and cosy with good food at a reasonable price. Near reception is a library area which is stunning and the style is bohemian with gorgeous high end furnishings (with a beautiful penny farthing bicycle in one of windows ...amazing). I waited in the library while my room was made ready and they made availabe tea and coffee and pastries as a courtesy to guests in the library every morning after breakfast. The hotel is located close to the centre of the city (no more than a 10-15 minute walk or a few minutes tram ride) and was a wonderful base for exploring the city. I really cannot stress how wonderful the staff at the hotel are and they contributed greatly to a wonderful visit.. This is truly a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel are really, really quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Linda W
Dear guest,

first of all thank you very much for your time devoted to your nice review. I am glad you changed your booking to our hotel as well:-). It was pleasure of the staff to be helpful during your stay. I am happy you enjoyed our breakfasts and all provided services.

I hope to see you again!

Enjoy the autumn
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I selected this hotel mainly because of its overall trip advisor rating and its reviews. As we all know you can always find something to criticise if pushed but remarkably I cannot, the staff and hotel were superb and the location was perfect. Its about a 10 minute walk from Charles bridge and the walk helps with calories! Prague is a must and the only comment is just GO!!
A special mention for Lucie on reception, nothing was too much trouble and she was always very friendly and helpful. If you want to see all the best bits of Prague in one day, and you are fit enough, try the Ultimate Tour, 6 hours of walking, boat ride, and tram. In my opinion a great day and we learnt so much of the history of the Czech Republic.
Ken Reynolds - Party of 6 - 4/11/12

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker, make sure you book a non-smoking room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear travelling party,

thank you very much for your stay at our hotel during your trip to Prague and your nice review, I appreciate that! I am happy you liked Prague and our hotel. It was the pleasure of Lucy and other staff to be helpful and to make your stay comfortable. Thank you for your praise.

I hope to see you soon again.

Coventry, UK
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We (a family of three) stayed in a triple room at the Hotel Julian 29th Oct to Nov 1st, 2012.

The Hotel Julian is lovely. At the time of writing the Julian is ranked number 21 out of 673 Prague hotels on the Trip Advisor website. The top 20 must be extremely good, because the Hotel Julian is superb.

Although there were three of us in the room, it did not feel crowded at all. Plenty of room. The bathroom was very good, and so very clean. Towels changed every day if required of course. Breakfast was served from 7.00am to 10.30am and there was a pretty good selection to choose from. The hotel had a nice mix of old and new. Some old style decorations, e.g. suits of armour in the lobby and also on the second floor where we stayed. It also had the new too, for example free wifi throughout the hotel. In the basement of the hotel is a small (but very pleasant) bar and restaurant, where you can get youself a refreshing drink after a full days sightseeing. We had a couple of nice snacks from the restaurant too.

The staff were all so friendly and helpful. Including the taxi driver who met us at the airport and the lovely staff on reception.

Location-wise, the Hotel Julian is just outside of the centre. Its about a 15 to 20 minute walk to Charles Bridge for example. However there is a tram stop nearby (Svandovo Divadlo) where you can get a tram to pretty much anywhere in Prague in a matter of minutes. You can also buy tickets for the tram at the Hotel reception. The area around the hotel is perefctly safe at all times of day/night as far as I could see. Indeed, Prague generally seems like a very safe city.

Not sure when we will be coming back to Prague, but we will one day. And, when we do, we will look to stay at Hotel Julian once again.

Superb. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear family,

thank you that you have chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague. Thank you also for your time devoted to your nice feedback, I do appreciate that! I am really happy while reading your nice words. That is great you had a pleasant stay and want to come back. We are looking forward to that and hope it will be early:-).

Enjoy the autumn days.