“Nice little hotel”

Ranked #27 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Ontario
“Nice little hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We recently stayed in a triple room. Room was clean and cosy. Hotel very charming, with a quaint sitting area off the lobby. Good selection for breakfast. Location is good. It is walkable to go across the Charles bridge and into old town but you may want to buy tram tickets if you're going back and forth for a couple of days. You can buy them at the reception. We had asked to get picked up at the train station on our arrival in Prague and the gentleman was waiting for us when we got in. It was well worth it. We also asked him to drive us back on our departure day as we were leaving early morning. Service was very reliable. All in all, we were quite happy with our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear guests,

thank you very much that you have chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague. I appreciate your review written here, thank you! I am glad you were quite happy with your stay and hope to see you again!

Have a nice autumn!

Radka Římalová

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had originally booked another hotel for a 4 day visit but reviews on Trip Advisor led to me cancelling that hotel. I looked on Tri;p Advisor to find the best hotel for me in my price range which worked out to be the Hotel Julian. Every comment was so positive and I am so glad I booked with the Hotel Julian. I arrived around 10am with a booking in time of 2pm and was going to leave mu luggage at the hotel, go out and return to book in. The room I had been allocated was free and reception spoke to housekeeping and they cleaned and prepared room for me within 30 minutes and I was able to go straight to my room. This was exceptional service. The whole hotel staff are so friendly and cannot do enough to help you in any way and they are truly multilingual. The room was lovely and huge, with a beautiful en-suite shower room with everything you could possibly need. The room included tea/coffee facilities, complimentary water and biscuits and had a fridge/mini bar, safe and massive hanging space. There was even a small room opposite my room on the 1st floor where you could help yourself to ice cubes for drinks. The breakfast was brilliant including cereals, bacon, sausages, eggs and hot beans or veg, cold meat and cheese, tomatoes and cucumber, cheese spread, preserves, cakes, fruit juices, lovely filtered coffee, tea, fruit,, lovely fresh bread and sliced bread for toasting. The breakfast set me up for the rest of the day. Although I had understood from original reviews by others that there was no restaurant, there was in fact a restaurant facility in the basement bar and dining area - which was picturesque and cosy with good food at a reasonable price. Near reception is a library area which is stunning and the style is bohemian with gorgeous high end furnishings (with a beautiful penny farthing bicycle in one of windows ...amazing). I waited in the library while my room was made ready and they made availabe tea and coffee and pastries as a courtesy to guests in the library every morning after breakfast. The hotel is located close to the centre of the city (no more than a 10-15 minute walk or a few minutes tram ride) and was a wonderful base for exploring the city. I really cannot stress how wonderful the staff at the hotel are and they contributed greatly to a wonderful visit.. This is truly a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel are really, really quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Linda W
Dear guest,

first of all thank you very much for your time devoted to your nice review. I am glad you changed your booking to our hotel as well:-). It was pleasure of the staff to be helpful during your stay. I am happy you enjoyed our breakfasts and all provided services.

I hope to see you again!

Enjoy the autumn
Basildon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I selected this hotel mainly because of its overall trip advisor rating and its reviews. As we all know you can always find something to criticise if pushed but remarkably I cannot, the staff and hotel were superb and the location was perfect. Its about a 10 minute walk from Charles bridge and the walk helps with calories! Prague is a must and the only comment is just GO!!
A special mention for Lucie on reception, nothing was too much trouble and she was always very friendly and helpful. If you want to see all the best bits of Prague in one day, and you are fit enough, try the Ultimate Tour, 6 hours of walking, boat ride, and tram. In my opinion a great day and we learnt so much of the history of the Czech Republic.
Ken Reynolds - Party of 6 - 4/11/12

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker, make sure you book a non-smoking room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear travelling party,

thank you very much for your stay at our hotel during your trip to Prague and your nice review, I appreciate that! I am happy you liked Prague and our hotel. It was the pleasure of Lucy and other staff to be helpful and to make your stay comfortable. Thank you for your praise.

I hope to see you soon again.

Coventry, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We (a family of three) stayed in a triple room at the Hotel Julian 29th Oct to Nov 1st, 2012.

The Hotel Julian is lovely. At the time of writing the Julian is ranked number 21 out of 673 Prague hotels on the Trip Advisor website. The top 20 must be extremely good, because the Hotel Julian is superb.

Although there were three of us in the room, it did not feel crowded at all. Plenty of room. The bathroom was very good, and so very clean. Towels changed every day if required of course. Breakfast was served from 7.00am to 10.30am and there was a pretty good selection to choose from. The hotel had a nice mix of old and new. Some old style decorations, e.g. suits of armour in the lobby and also on the second floor where we stayed. It also had the new too, for example free wifi throughout the hotel. In the basement of the hotel is a small (but very pleasant) bar and restaurant, where you can get youself a refreshing drink after a full days sightseeing. We had a couple of nice snacks from the restaurant too.

The staff were all so friendly and helpful. Including the taxi driver who met us at the airport and the lovely staff on reception.

Location-wise, the Hotel Julian is just outside of the centre. Its about a 15 to 20 minute walk to Charles Bridge for example. However there is a tram stop nearby (Svandovo Divadlo) where you can get a tram to pretty much anywhere in Prague in a matter of minutes. You can also buy tickets for the tram at the Hotel reception. The area around the hotel is perefctly safe at all times of day/night as far as I could see. Indeed, Prague generally seems like a very safe city.

Not sure when we will be coming back to Prague, but we will one day. And, when we do, we will look to stay at Hotel Julian once again.

Superb. Highly recommended.

Dear family,

thank you that you have chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague. Thank you also for your time devoted to your nice feedback, I do appreciate that! I am really happy while reading your nice words. That is great you had a pleasant stay and want to come back. We are looking forward to that and hope it will be early:-).

Enjoy the autumn days.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here for three nights. It was vey clean. The beds were hard, but we like hard so had good night sleeps. The receptionist were very helpful for all matters of transport around Prague. The breakfast was ok, they had a good selection - but nothing amazing!

Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay with us and your feedback, that is definitely helpful for us.

Im happy our hotel was lovely for you and that you had a good sleep.

I hope you will visit Prague and our hotel again.

Enjoy the autumn days.

St Neots
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We arrived here on a very snowy and cold Saturday afternoon and were greeted with an extremely pleasant and warm welcome. The check-in process was smooth, efficient and very friendly and we were in our room within minutes. The room itself was of a good size, immaculately clean and had everything you could wish for. The beds were very comfortable and we both slept well the entire time we were here.
We ate in the hotel restaurant, both selecting from the Czech menu, and the food was superb in terms of taste, quality and presentation. The service was also first class.
Breakfast was a delight, with a huge selection available to cater to all tastes. We opted for toast, ham, cheese, eggs, yoghurt and fruit but there was also cereals, bacon, sausage, dried fruit and cake etc. It was also a bonus that breakfast was served until 10.30 week days and 11am on a weekend, given the comfort of the beds and the amount of sleep we had!
The hotel in general was superbly clean and well decorated. We especially loved and made use of the wonderful seating around the fire which provided a very warm and comfortable environment to read, have a drink or just enjoy some quiet time. Had Prague not been such a wonderful city to explore i would have happily spent my entire holiday in front of this fire and relaxing in the hotel.
In terms of the location of the hotel there is plenty of accessible public transport availble. We decided to explore the hotel on foot and with guidance from the hotel staff managed to see all of the wonderful sights that Prague has to offer.
Would we stay at Hotel Julian again? Try and stop us!
Thank you for providing us with an amazing location from which to explore your fantastic city!
Karen & Roy Middleton

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KarenMiddleton1
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay with us, I am happy that first snow in Prague has not been deterrent for you and you came:-)Thank you for your really nice and helpful review. I am happy you enjoyed the fire place, dinner and breakfasts. I am glad while reading you slept well and you liked exploring the city from our location.

You are always welcome here!

Enjoy the autumn.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here with my family in one of their suites (one bedroom with double bed and single bed, one living room with two sofa-beds and a kitchenette) and we were very happy. The staff are superb, the public areas full of an amazing variety of antiques, and the suite rooms were a good size well furnished. Breakfast was plentiful and served with a smile, and the front desk staff were always very informative and helpful (as well as multilingual)! The hotel feels old, but all the things which matter (wifi, elevators, heating, windows, bathroom) were new and worked well.

1 Thank mcwcBaku
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear family,

thank you very much for your stay with us and your contribution here, I appreciate your time!

I am glad you were happy in our suite and with hotel at all. It was the pleasure of the staff to be helpful for you during your stay.

I am looking forward to your next stay!

Enjoy the autumn days,