Let me start with the unacceptable practices...
We went for a drink in the fancy hotel bar "cloud 9". Wonderful place. Though, when you get the bill, it says "SERVICE CHARGE NOT INCLUDED". Within the European Union, this is very unusual and this is the first time I visit a hotel in the EU where this is the case. If I remember well, it is a clear european guideline or law to announce prices to consumer "all in". Is this unusual, irritating Hilton practice legal ?
The second unacceptable practice is called Taxis. Hilton build its own monopoly what taxis are concerned. Public taxis are not allowed ! You have to take the expensive Hotel limousine. In a city where the taxis are among the most reliable in the world, this is very unusual. Public taxis can drop you there, though they are not allowed to queue or to pick up guests. Noting, that Hilton build its own little taxi monopoly maffia here, I wonder if this unusual, irritating Hilton practice is legal...
Otherwise : great hotel, great service, great rooms. Only compliments ! Though, hilton : get your house in order. Czech republic is part of the European Union and also you as a company need to comply with it !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Prague is a perfect base to discover the beauties of Prague. It is located within walking distance to the city centre full of local attractions, shops and a lively night scene. Hilton Prague houses 3 restaurants and 2 bars including the 24-hour Cafe Bistro, CzecHouse Grill & Rotisserie with modern international cuisine and Czech specialties, offers panoramic views from its award-winning Cloud 9 Sky Bar & Lounge, the Zest Bar and 24-hour Room Service. Every morning you can enjoy a rich buffet breakfast at Atrium restaurant. All rooms provide high-speed internet access, with a choice of a wired or wireless connection (Fee applies). A state-of-the-art fitness centre with cardiovascular machines, an indoor swimming pool and a spa centre are at your disposal. Massages are available as well. This hotel offers 37 individual conference and meeting rooms as well as Congress Hall and a Hilton Grand Ballroom, the Hilton Prague Czech Republic hotel is the perfect choice to host any event, whether for business or pleasure. Hilton Prague Hotel was awarded: WORLD TRAVEL AWARDS 2015 - Czech Republic's Leading Hotel 2016 BUSINESS TRAVELLER MAGAZINE AWARDS 2016 - Best Business Hotel in Eastern Europe 2016 TRIPADVISOR CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE 2016 - Certificate of Excellence, 6 years in a row BUSINESS DESTINATION TRAVEL AWARDS 2015 - Best Business Hotel, Czech Republic 2015 TTG TRAVEL AWARDS 2015 - Best Business and Congress Hotel in Czech Republic ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Prague Hotel Prague
- Hilton International Prague
- Prague Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Prague