5,532 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecloud barold townczech househuge hotelviking cruiseduty managerminute walkpublic areasbreakfast buffetexcellent hoteltop floormodern hotelczech republicmetro stationcity centrebeautiful city
Reviewed August 26, 2005

I am a semi retired tv cameraman,I decided to stay at the Hilton Prague for my 70th birthday,for five days,What a supprise I had, An excellent hotel I would also rate Prague to be better that Paris,being a gold member I had an executive room,a welcome birthday card and a bottle of champagne,I would say the czechhouse restaurant,is of a very high standard,the chef Roman Paulus and his team treated myself and my guest extremely well.I am hoping to return at Christmas for two weeks.

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank Sunshine14110
Reviewed August 23, 2005

We had a city break at the hotel, at a very competitive price. The staff at the hotel were all friendly and helpful. The building is very imposing with a massive and impressive atrium.
The room we had was the cheapest, but was of 4/5 star quality, even though it had not yet been renovated. (All of the rooms are currently being renovated over a two year period, but we couldn't spot any work going on)
The breakfast (included in our package) was excellent. We also had one meal in the main restaurant, and this was good quality, but average value for money.
The biggest single drawback is the location, being a 20 minute walk from the old town, and five minutes walk from the nearest public transport location (Florenc). This is a dodgy area, and our friend was expertly pickpocketed as we boarded a bus there. The duty manager was extremely helpful in cancelling credit cards etc..
In summary, a very good hotel in a poor location. We would not return, unless the hotel ran a shuttle to the town centre or provided some sort of transport to avoid Florenc.

2  Thank arnoldo33
Reviewed August 19, 2005

the Prague Hilton is a big blue box near the river in Prague. it is NOT a 15 minute walk from the centre of prague unless you happen to be an Olympic athlete, more like 30mins on average and this includes going under the four lane highway in the most disgusting underpass in Prague, scary, smelly and not a place you want to be on your holidays.

the service in the hotel was excellent and the staff are very well trained, however I do not expect to have to pay for tea and coffee in my room and the breakfast service was busy and slow, long queues and crowded seating are not a good start to the day.

Taxi service from and to the hotel is great but a major expense if you don't want to do the long walk four times a day.

On the whole, Ok but cerainly not 5 star and could do a lot better.

8  Thank Curious6180
Reviewed August 18, 2005

I stayed with my parents for 7 days and i would say it was regular. We paid very litlle for it so to stay in a hilton 5 star hotel was a pleasure. however my bad was very bad as it should be a triple guest room but it had a king size bed and a small bed like those for children.... well the breakfast was amasing and the products served with a great quality. the staff was very polite and helpful and by the subway it is very easy to get to all the important parts of the city. near you have a macdonalds, kfc and a small shopping centre that you should discover. enjoy prague and its beautiful features

• Stayed: August 2005
Reviewed August 14, 2005

Having got a cheap deal online my partner & I stayed 5 nights. Staff very nicely changed our twin to a double without any hassle and we found service to be very good. We were glad breafast was included because at €22 it was steep... very nice for all inclusive though. The swimming pool is cold, small, and too deep for relaxing - not good for children or loungers.
Fixed price taxis outside are still a ripoff though are safer than negotiating in town at night. When walking out at night take the route via the metro station - avoid walking by the river even though staff don't make a big deal of it. The hotel is in a bad part of town. Tourists returning at night are conspicuous. Location takes greatly from enjoyment of old town prague. Ask for a room with an external window. Rooms overlooking the atrium are stuffy and noisy when window opened. Sample a 'romantic prague' from the cocktail list.. yummy. Bar staff are very nice. Had a nice stay there but would have been disappointed if I'd paid more than €50 a night.

• Stayed: August 2005