“Great hotel”

Ranked #141 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed May 12, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lucas M
EmmaB B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear valued Traveler,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your review with us and other travelers.

I was delighted to learn that we were able to meet your expectations and accommodation of high quality as you are used to receive at the Hilton. Moreover, with great pleasure I was reading your comments about the perfect location of our hotel as well as the very good quality of breakfast.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to host you again during your next visit of the Golden city of Prague.

With my best regards,

Emmanuel Baleba
Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed May 12, 2014

There are two Hilton hotels in Prague and this is the larger of the two. It has an impressive range of service including an excellent health club, top floor bar, 3 restaurants, a very nice executive lounge and large conference facilities.

The hotel is well maintained and the room that we had on the executive floor was functional but clean and comfortable.

The drawbacks depend on why you are in Prague. If there for business then this could be well located near to some of the larger companies in the area, but for a holiday it is at least a 20 minute walk to the centre in an area with little to recommend it at night.

I also thought the internet was a rip-off. One of the most expensive wifi services I have come across (although free in the lobby).

However, ultimately the reason for the 3 rather than 4 is that place lacks character and is devoid of any "soul". In a city like Prague this really is a crying shame.

This Hilton is better than its ranking suggests but there are far better options in Prague.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank mbgandco

Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience of the Hilton Prague Hotel with other travellers.

I was delighted to read, that you had a great stay with us, that you enjoyed our Executive Floors benefits and especially that you remained highly satisfied with the service provided by our team.

Regarding your comment about the price of the internet, please allow me to say, that our pricing strategy is in line with competitive five star hotels in Prague. Nevertheless, your most valuable comments will be certainly taken into consideration.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again during your next visit of the Golden city of Prague.
With warm greetings and kindest regards,

Emmanuel Baleba

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stayed here for two nights as part of our Viking cruise package. The hotel is way above what one would expect from a hotel that accommodates groups. The atrium is very impressive, soaring from main floor to top floor, giving a very attractive and open feel to the public areas - the glassed-in elevator offers a great view of the atrium. The buffet breakfast was very good - lots of selections, good quality, great service. Our room was immaculate and very comfortable. The hotel's location is a bit far from the main tourist section of Prague, but walkable, and very close to transit. Some good restaurants nearby. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TerryStratford
Jakub N, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for taking your time to post a review about your stay at the Hilton Prague hotel.

I was truly pleased to learn that the hotel exceeded your expectations and you liked especially the contemporary and modern design of the lobby.

Moreover I was more than happy to read that you were satisfied with our facilities and services provided by the Hilton Prague team.

I will be delighted to share your great feedback about your stay with all the Team members and we will be looking forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days after a cruise on the Danube with Viking River Cruises. The hotel is ideally located for walking to the Old Town. The room was spacious and comfortable with a view to the street and surrounding areas. Room and restaurant prices were higher than we had expected, a Coca-Cola cost US$5.75!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Prague hotel and for sharing your review with other travellers and us.

It was indeed pleasure for me to learn that you remained satisfied with our facilities and services provided by our Team members.

Concerning the restaurant prices, please, allow me to mention, that our pricing is in line with other 5* properties in Prague.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Prague Hotel in the future.

With my warmest regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2014

The hilton is situated some 10 minutes out of the city center. By tram (no 8) it is just two stops. The hotel has a quiet location and therefore you can easily open the window. Rooms are of a good standard. Breakfast is good; Hilton classic. Good value for money. On the top floor (9th) there is an excellent bar with nice views.

There are two items that could be improved: the toilet paper in the room (cheap/bad quality) and the Hilton taxi service. In front of the hotel, only the own cars are waiting. The Hilton taxi service is a lot more expensive than a regular taxi in Prague (at least when the regular taxi is ordered by phone or by using the useful app of the AAA taxi company). However, the extra charge is not justified by the quality; a not particular friendly driver, very loud music on the way and a pretty standard car led quickly to the conclusion that I wasn't going to use this service for a second time.
Also receiving a message from reception that the guarantee for the stay had to be increased without any further explanation was a slightly strange experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Prague hotel and for taking your time to share your feedback with us.

I was delighted to read that the rooms and breakfast met your expectations. Moreover with pleasure I learn that you found our rooftop bar Cloud 9 excellent.

However I truly regret the fact, that our limousine service did not provided you with the quality that you expected. Would you please be so kind and contact me on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com as I would very much appreciated your feedback, which will allow me to follow up with the driver in order to improve our service.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Prague Hotel in the future, and in the meantime I remain at your entire disposal and send you warm greetings.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I couldn't resist. First I should say that this place is Gi-normous. But it is run like a well oiled machine, and when in my room I didn't notice the bustling metropolis that is the Hilton Lobby. In short, however this place is pretty terrific, the rooms comfortable, the health club top shelf and the executive club quiet and convenient. There are 2 main restaurants in this hotel, the Cafe Bistro for simpler faire and the CzecHouse which is more of a high end meat and fish place. I tried both and thought they were great, although the CzecHouse was more notable for the quality of the food, and the wine list. Bravo. The service at the hotel was across the board top notch, especially given the amount of clientele that flow in and out of this place. My complaints? Well, the bathroom was a little pungent (before I used it, thank you very much), as there was no ventilation. But blame the architect. Otherwise the room was what I have grown accustomed to in Hiltons. I asked for a room facing the city so I could open the window. However, the road noise is pretty loud. I still prefer to open a window onto the world once in a while. The inner facing rooms might not have that benefit. And the hotel itself is somewhat less centrally located than the "old town" hilton. My other complaint? Lots of tourists. I mean LOTS. And they love the breakfast buffet. So you're not getting much local flavor except for the trinkets in the gift shop. My suggestion is to stay there, get a room on an upper floor, be the first for breakfast and work it off in the club later. Not a lot of tourists in there...

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing out so you can open a window.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank HerbertvonCarryOn
Jakub N, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write review about your experience at the Hilton Prague hotel.

I was delighted to read that you were highly satisfied with our facilities, especially the health club, the executive club and our restaurants. In addition I was pleased to learn that the service provided by our Team members was top notch across whole hotel.

I will be more than happy to share your great feedback about your stay with all the Hilton Prague team and we will be looking forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Excellent modern Hotel the location was good, about 25 mins to walk to the old town centre. The staff were very helpful and provided us with useful information about Prague on our arrival. Would definitely go back to this Hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Irina M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Valued Traveller,

Allow me to thank you for staying at the Hilton Prague Hotel and for praising our services and facilities.

I will be looking forward to hosting you again soon, and please feel free to contact me on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com prior to your next arrival for arraning your stay.

With warmest greetings and kindest regards,

Irina Maizlish