“Great meeting space, comfortable rooms, easy access to metro, GREAT staff.”
Review of Hilton Prague

Hilton Prague
Ranked #132 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Murrieta, California, United States
“Great meeting space, comfortable rooms, easy access to metro, GREAT staff.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Prague is a fantastic city. 2nd time at property (9 years ago and now), both were great stays.
- If flying in, use hotel transportation that is billable to hotel charges, costs virtually same as a standard taxi, but is a private car, and personal pick up.
- If looking for dinner not at hotel or in the historic section of Prague, go to Krystal (10 minute walk, 5 minutes on tram). Economical and fantastic food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Irina M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Prague Hotel and for sharing your nice review; with big pleasure I read, that you had a great and comfortable stay with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the future and sending you warm greetings on behalf of all the Hilton Prague Team.

Truly,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (758)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The young concierge was not respectful and patient with older members of the family when they were trying to seek help in booking Opera tickets. Admittedly, they didn't understand the nuances of booking on the internet but I expect the concierge's own grandparents would not have understood these but I expect, or at least I hope, he would not be so impatient and unfriendly with them. I have stayed at the Hilton in Chicago, York, Edinburgh and now in Prague but at all places, except Chicago, the rooms stank, there was hair on the bed sheets (York and Edinburgh) and the staff are ridiculously unfriendly. Not even my relatives would stay there again if it wasn't booked by the organisation they were from but they have promised to feed their experience back to the people booking hotels so that they do not stay at the Hilton again. I wouldn't have stayed there this time either if it wasn't for my uncle who was staying there. Rooms stink, minibar corner had water rings, baby cot provided was unsafe for babies (mine kept bumping her head on the bars, they need to use bumpers as a minimum or change cots). Hilton hotels are like BA, I always swear, never again when circumstances require me to use them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FamilyEldersBaby
Marketa N, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Sir,

I was disappointed to learn, that your enjoyment of the Hilton Prague was marred by your experience, please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused.

Regarding your comment about our concierge, allow me to mention that my team member was assisting your family to buy the opera tickets, unfortunately one credit card was refused and for the other two credit cards your family members did not know the verification code for secured payment. They were kindly advised that it was not possible to pay in cash, only with the credit card as it was an online reservation system. Nevertheless, let me assure that the whole matter concerning the behaviour was shared with the Front Office Manager and corrective actions have been taken.

Concerning the smell of the room, I would like to inform you that your room was non-smoking. I truly regret that you did not report the matter to our Duty Manager or Reception Manager who would immediately take actions and make it up to your satisfaction while staying in the property.

Please rest assured that being a Hilton hotel, it is always our aim and ambition to provide our guests with the highest standard in quality and service.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at our hotel in the future, as we would like to have the opportunity to prove to you, that your experience was certainly an exception and is not a reflective of our usual high standards for which we are known.

With kind regards from Prague,

Munich, Bayern, Germany
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed for the weekend and got an upgrade to the Executive Floor with access to the Executive Lounge.
Excellent Hotel & Service at a reasonable price for the rooms (only parking is a little bit expensive / approx. 30 per night)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Marketa N, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your posting.

I was glad to note, that you enjoyed the upgrade to the Executive Floor wiht ascess to the Executive Lounge.

We will be very happy to welcome you back on your next trip to Prague and to provide you with the same high standard services.

Yours sincerely,

Australia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

WE went over to the Uk and Europe for a 5 week holiday, we did an Avalon Waterway cruise from Paris to Prague. The Avalon cruise was wonderful loved every minute of it. Very high standard.We finished our holiday in Prague was very disappointed in Prague but the Hilton hotel was great, one of the best Hilton's I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Always request some sort of view and then you will not be looking at walls or roofs of other buildin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Irina M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Madam,

Allow me to thank you for sparing your time to share with us the experience of your stay at the Hilton Prague Hotel.

It was certainly a pleasure for me to learn about your great satisfaction with our services and that we presented ourselves according to our usual high standards.

I hope you will choose the Hilton Prague Hotel again if you decide to visit the Czech Republic in the future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here on business. This is a very impressive hotel in the financial area of Prague. But still in close proximity to all the major Prague attractions.
A warm welcome was received at reception on check in as I was part of a large party. Check in was handled very swiftly and efficiently.
My room was very clean and spacious and was serviced daily.
Food here was also very good as sometimes hotel cuisine can be disappointing.
All in all a very pleasant experience and exactly what I would expect from Hilton.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your beautiful review about our property.

I was happy to read, that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you remained highly satisfied with the facilities, food and the service received while travelling to Prague; I have taken the liberty of passing your kind comments on to the Team, adding my own thanks.

Once again thank you for the beautiful compliments and I remain with best regards from Prague.

Truly yours,

Milan, Italy
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I don't understand why so many enthusiastic comments about Hilton Prague...

I've been there for at least 2-3 nights a week over two months for regular business trips, and I wouldn't go back there. The hotel is huge, completely anonymous appearance, quite cold in winter as the large hall never gets warm enough. It is often crowded due to business meetings, crowds of tourists, so the whole experience becomes a long queue: queue at the check-in, at breakfast, at check-out, ... The restaurant on the ground floor is nice, but, if you are in Prague you aren't probably going to have dinner in the hotel - are you? While rooms are dark, would benefit a fresh refurbishment, and many of them smell a bit...

A much nicer hotel - cosy, warmer, more classy - is the Sheraton, or, if you really want to stay in a Hilton, just try the Hilton Old Town - closer to city center and more of a boutique hotel. Both are in a price range similar to or slightly above the one of Hilton Prague, but value for money is definitely much higher.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonPrague_GM, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you cordially for taking your valuable time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel.

I was disappointed to learn that your recent stays did not fully meet your expectations.

I sincerely apologize for the negative experience you encountered during your repeated stays in our property due to the long queues and appearance of the rooms.

Please, rest assured that we constantly upgrade the hotel facilities to provide our guests with highest standard in quality, implement new and effective procedures in order to ensure seamless arrivals and departures to the hotel for all the guests, either business or leisure.

I would be delighted to personally welcome you back next time and I am confident that on your next visit you will experience only the usual high standards for which we are known.

Please, feel free to contact me prior to your arrival so that I may personally take care of your stay.

With kind regards from Prague,

Dalgety Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I has there last week for a sales conference. The rooms have clearly been upgraded recently and were up to the standard you would expect from a modern Hilton. Food in the hotel was excellent though- buffet lunches and dinners were superb even when catering for hundreds of guests. Staff were all unspeakably polite, especially at reception.
I agree with the comments about smoking in the bar areas which is probably great for smokers, but reminds the rest of us why it is banned in many places.

And the Cloud bar..................superb.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I was happy to read, that you had a great stay with us while participating the conference.

Thank you for your nice comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Prague hotel and I am looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future again.

Kind regards,