5,619 results
All reviews the executive lounge cloud bar old town czech house viking cruise huge hotel duty manager minute walk public areas breakfast buffet modern hotel excellent hotel top floor czech republic metro station city centre beautiful city
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have stayed here between 24th and 30th of December 2012. We loved the interior, reception staff were always helpful and polite. Our room was big enough, very clean, bathroom bit dated, not a 5*. The staff in the Zest bar were very cheerful and professional. Good selection of cigars and complimentary nibbles were a highlight. Food in the Cafe on the M level was just ok. (ordered very rare steak and got a shoe sole!!) Also we had a very unpleasant experience in the Cloud 9 "cocktail bar". We were very disappointed with that award wining bar. When asked for simple classic drinks, such as the aviation or martinez the bartender rudely replied: "I don't know. Choose from the book". Instead of accommodating us and trying to offer something else, he became ignorant and abhorrent. To make things worse, we were jeered by bartenders on our way out for not leaving, quite frankly, an undeserved tip. We will give you a tip: do not call yourself a "cocktail bar" if you make an old fashioned in 30 seconds!
When it comes to the Spa: the pool was fine, jacuzzi out of order the whole time we were there, we got shouted at for wearing our clean swimsuits in the sauna. that was the first time we ever saw a sign on sauna door forbidding suits. it is wierd!! We got ourselves a treat of a massage, it was bit pricey, but great, thanks to Monika and Katka. They were just lovely. You should get more people like them two in the Cloud 9!
Overall our stay was good, but for the amount of money we spend on it we expected more.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonPrague_GM, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear annaborna,

Thank you for your response about your stay in our Hotel.

It was a pleasure to read that you remained satisfied with the hotel interior and with the service provided by our staff in the Zest Bar; Additionally that you enjoyed the massage provided by Monika and Katka. I would like to assure you that comments such as yours act as a great motivator!

Concerning your comment of the bathroom, I would like to mention that all guest rooms along with all bathrooms were refurbished 4 years ago. Nevertheless, we very much appreciate your comment and we will consider this feedback for future renovations.

Moreover, please allow me to inform you that in our hotel spa, it is prohibited to enter the sauna in a swimsuit due to healthy and hygienic reasons. This may be different to saunas in countries you have visited so far and I regret we have not explained this upon check in if our 2000 sqm recreation facility. As such you can enjoy the sauna only with the sheets given by the receptionist. In our steam room it is swimsuit friendly area, therefore I regret you did not report this during your stay so we could inform you.

In regards to the outage of the Jacuzzi, please allow me to apologize most sincerely, this had to be closed due to a severe leakage coming from this area.

Furthermore, regarding your feedback about the Cloud 9, would you be so kind and send me more details to DutyManager.Prague@hilton.com so I can make a proper investigation?

Dear annaborna, thank you again for the valuable feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again as we would like to prove that your experience in the Cloud 9 was the exception rather than the rule.

Warm greetings from Prague,

Martin Musil

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Had a great two night stay which was almost perfect from one little problem, more later.
Good welcome, paid for executive room and lounge, very good value. Pool and spa were great, had dinner in hotel restaurant first day, good food and not too expensive for hotel food. Great location, walk out the side door at Lower Level, through an arcade , with great Costa coffee shop, straight onto subway ( cheap clean and safe) or tram. Five minutes into heart of the city. Ten minutes walk from huge shopping mall.
The minus point, too many uncontrolled kids runnng wild in the executive lounge at night. Not what I expect, when I spoke to the staff they shrugged their shoulders and said they couldn't do much about it. I disagreed, the sort of behaviour wouldn't be tolorated anywhere else in the hotel, so why ok in the exec lounge ? Some may also argue that the parents should keep their children under control, they weren't, at one point their were at least six kids rolling around the floor of the exec lounge, I wondered if I was in a childrens play area at one point ! I do think the staff should have at least spoken to parents of the children. Anyway minor flaw in an excellent weekend, we wished that we could have stayed longer to enjoy the New Year's Eve party, from the set up and the rehersals it looked like it was going to be a great evening.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Christoph P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Harry,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Prague Hotel recently as well as sharing your feedback with us and other travelers, as it helps us to meet your needs and provide our guests a most comfortable stay.

I appreciated very much that you remained satisfied with the provided service, however I regret that your stay was marred by the incident in our Executive Lounge being disturbed by racing kids. Furthermore the reaction of the team members was not up to your satisfaction therefore let me ensure you that it will be definitely discussed with the Executive Lounge Manager to avoid mentioned inconvenience for the future.

We are constantly aiming to provide a warm atmosphere in our Lounge and this is certainly not a reflective of our usual high standards.

Nevertheless I do hope that you left the Hilton Prague Hotel with a positive impression and we can welcome you back in the near future.

By the way: You missed a great NYE event, therefore I would be happy to invite you for next year.

Warm Regards,

christoph.puschmann@hilton.com

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Prague over New Year and had a great time, this hotel is fantastic. The hotel is not right in the centre of the town but does only take 10/15 minutes to walk to the Old Town. Facilities at the hotel were excellent as were the helpful staff. Superb choice of food at breakfast which will keep you going all day. Cannot wait to return..

1  Thank SusanBerkshire

Dear Mrs. Berkshire,

It made me very happy that you overall enjoyed your stay very much, and that you were fully satisfied with our facilities, food choice and especially the service provided by our team members.

Therefore, Mrs. Berkshire, I am already looking forward to welcoming you back soon as you said and I ensure you that the entire team is giving its best to make you feel most comfortable again. Please feel free to drop me a mail under dutymanager.prague@hilton.com in order to arrange your reservation.

Best Regards and thank you once again,

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed in an executive room 7th floor , the rooms are large, comfortable, our room was facing outwards - it is to be said that there are two types of romms , part are facing towards outside and part towards the inner court of the hotel - in my opinion the first type is better (especially as it was with the preparations for the New Year - a bit noisy in the inner part). The advantage of the executive is access to the executive lounge untill evening without surcharge, food and beverages served there -changes depending hours. Also breakfast can be served there a la carte. At the same level there is the Internet room with enough computers all day long. The service in the hotel was excellent during all our staying in all the areas.
The problem reported by several persons regarding the distance from the center - I think it is not crucial as by foot you get to the center in 10-15 minutes, there is also metro and tram at 2 minutes distance.
The Sky Lounge at 9th floor is something special - the quality of the cocktails , the atmosphere and the view on Prague - not to be missed!!! (reserve in advance).
I think the hotel is suitable for most of the persons coming to Prague , even families with children (there were a lot there during Christmas).

Room Tip: I think the rooms facing outwards are better, especially those with a view over the river
1  Thank SergiuSabetay

Dear Sergiu,

Thank you very much for your brilliant comment regarding your recent experience with us.

I was very much delighted to read that you felt comfortable at the Hilton Prague as well as remained very satisfied with our facilities, especially the condition of the rooms, and the excellent service provided in all areas.

I will certainly share your feedback with all team members as it helps to monitor their performances and works as a great motivator.

I would be happy to open the doors of the Hilton Prague for you once again.

Warmest Regards from Prague,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We recently stayed here for 4 nights (19th Dec - 23rd Dec) for a short trip over to see the Christmas market. The hotel is absolutely superb. I stayed here several years ago, and the standards have not slipped.

Firstly, location is excellent. It is only a 10 minute walk to the old town square. 15 minutes if you are slow. Please do not listen to the reviews that say this hotel is far from the sites, it really is not.

We were in room 6038 which was just below the executive floor. We managed to pick up the free WiFi from our room that is supposed to be in public areas only, not sure why this was but a great bonus! The view over the internal atrium is quite interesting, and there was no noise to be heard. The air conditioning in the room was efficient and kept the room at a decent temperature. The triple room was more than enough for the 3 of us (3 adult males).

The cleaners were absolutely superb and did a great job every day, replacing the towels and gowns etc and making up the room. We left a good tip at the end of our stay. The toilitries were kept well stocked every day, as were the tea and coffee.

The Breakfast was included in our stay and I what can I say, it is EXCELLENT. Do not listen to previous comments about mass production. There is a huge selection of cooked breakfast items ranging from bacon and sausages through to eggs (poached, scrambled, boiled, fried). They will even cook fresh items to order such as omelettes with a choice of fillings. There were a selection of freshly cooked vegetables and items such as spring rolls. Nothing I tasted at breakfast (and I ate a LOT) was anything other than fresh. Superb! The pastry and bread selection was kept fully stocked with fresh items being brought out every so often, or whe requested. The porridge was absolutely brilliant. I like to start my day with porridge and this was probably the nicest tasting stuff I have ever had in a hotel. Please could I have the recipe?!

Moving on to the pool/leisure area, again this was fully included in the stay. The pool is not so large, but on the plus side, it is never overly busy. This is a good thing so we were able to relax and take long swims without competing for space in the pool. The Sauna is probably the only one I have ever seen where you are not allowed to wear a swimsuit though?? A bit weird. I have never seen that in the UK. The steam room was good, although at times there was not enough steam. All in all though, excellent facilities for the hotel.

The atmosphere in the hotel is very calm and peaceful, and we never had any issues with noise or anything. There are quite a lot of staff walking around the ground floor, and while it is not always clear what they are actually there for I think it might be to do with security. But they are nice and a pleasure to you. They are always polite and well mannered.

Thankyou for an excellent stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rob M

Dear Mr. Millbank,

I would like to thank you very much that you took your valuable time and post such a detailed experience report which made me very proud of my entire team.

I was glad to learn that from the facilities of the hotel to the service of the chambermaids to the breakfast we were able to succeed your expectations and made you feel most comfortable during your stay with us. I am already looking forward to sharing these comments with all the outlets as it is the best appreciation for all team members.

I would be more than happy to have the chance welcoming you back in the near future in order to provide you the same beautiful stay like you recently experienced. In case of any assistance regarding your future booking please contact me personally under dutymanager.prague@hilton.com and I will arrange everything according to your preferences.

Truly Yours and all the best from the beautiful Prague,