“Great place to stay”

Ranked #133 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The staff here is friendly, helpful and a great face for this hotel. When we checked in they found out I am a diamond member and upgraded me to a better room. told me to go up to the concierge floor and have a beverage. Even told me to take my in-laws with me. The only issue we had was that the rooms were a little warm. we could not get them cold enough.
They have a restaurant called The Czech House. This is a fantastic 5-star restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Alan H
GM_HiltonPrague, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Alan H,

Thank you very much for your nice review about your stay at the Hilton Prague Hotel.

I was delighted to note, that you enjoyed the room upgrade. Moreover, I will be more than happy to share your great feedback about your dining experience at our Czech House restaurant with all our team members.

Nevertheless, I regret, that your room was a little warm. Please allow me to mention, that a Duty Manager is available in our hotel 24/7 for any help or assistance during the stay.

Thank you again for your praise of our team members and their performances and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in our property in the near future.

Truly Yours,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed in this hotel last week for the first and I can assure you that not last time. Staff are very polite and respectful, from reception where Emmanuel was brilliant at check in giving us some tips to the city and made the extra steps to help as much as he can. Cafe bistro where we enjoyed a nice lunch was terrific. The room was clean. The breakfast is served from 6 till 11 on weekend and with good variety of food. I would recommend this hotel to everyone due to marvellous staff they have, we will be back as soon we can afford it. Thanks again to Emmanuel for attentiveness and help.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear krval76,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Prague Hotel and for leaving your feedback here on the Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read, that the service provided by our team, especially by Emmanuel from the Reception, exceeded your expectations; I will certainly pass your praise to Emmanuel and to the rest of the team.

Moreover, with great pleasure I read, that you also enjoyed the lunch in our Cafe Bistro, the breakfast in our Atrium restaurant and that you felt comfortable in your room.

Looking forward to hosting you again soon and sending you my greetings,

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very comfortable room. Plush terry robes are provided, as well as a safe, 36" flat screen TV, minibar, a bathroom magnifying mirror and a clothesline in the bathtub. My favorite feature was that the toilet was in a separate room with it's own little sink and towel rack. Plush bed linens, a coffee/tea maker and an automatic wake-up feature on the phone are nice. The included breakfast was super. You could actually slice your own ham off the bone to have with your made-to-order omelet or eggs.

To eat outside the the hotel, you must walk at least 15 mins. before finding any decent restaurants. The Cafe Imperial on the way into the historic center of Prague is very good and reasonable. To get to the center of Prague, you need to walk about 1/2 hour. There is a Hilton that is closer to the town center but don't know the quality of the hotel as compared to the Hilton Prague.

Room Tip: Many rooms face the hotel's inner courtyard and lobby. To get a view of the outside, request a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank serpentine215
Christoph P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear serpentine215,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Prague and posting your experience here at Trip Advisor.

I was very delighted that the facilities in our hotel met all your expectations and that you felt comfortable, as it is our permanent goal to make our guests feel at home.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future, and I will be more than happy to serve your favourite omelette during your breakfast.

Best Regards from the golden city of Prague,

Christoph Puschmann
Horley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I often go to Prague for work, and this was my second visit to the Cloud 9 Sky Bar at The Hilton, and it was such a fantastic experience. The bar has a fantastic view of the city, great music, fantastic cocktails and great service.

I had the most amazing cocktail i have ever tasted "Pink Chevrolet" a champagne cocktail, which was truly delicious.

Our Bar man Tomas, was outstanding at his job, he was attentive, friendly and had a laugh. The cocktails he made us were deicious and i give him 10/10 for service.

I will definitely be going back on my next visit, and definitely recommend a visit!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Rachael B
Martin M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you very much for such a nice feedback!

This was a pleasure to read about your great experience at the Cloud 9, especially about the service provided by Tomas. I would like to assure you that this was shared with entire team and that it is always a great motivator once any employee is recognized by the guest.

I am looking forward to welcome you back at the Hilton Prague Hotel again and to serve you “Pink Chevrolet” in the Cloud 9.

Sincerely Yours,
Martin Musil
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Hilton is well located in Prague. It is equiped with excellent gym facilities including an indoor heated pool! Thinking it was autumn/winter, i gave my swimmers a skip!! The rooms are clean and neat as expected, athough it's kind of small. The train station is about 1 minute walk from the hotel (just behind the Hilton). Prague Old Town, where the astronomical clock is located is about 15 minutes walk from Hilton. Close by is also the Jewish quarter and the famous Parizska Street -where high end fashion is lined up.
Breakfast at the Hilton is sumptuos. Bacon and pork sausages with "soft boil eggs" done to perfection are the highlights.
Within walking distance, there are at least 2 excellent restaurants - Kolkovne which serves Czech and international cuisines and Chagall's Club Restaurant which offers a variety of Czech and international cuisines too.
One can also find the Billa supermarket and 2 others are conveniently located near the hotel.
Overall, its a good business hotel which is suitable for couples and solo travellers too. For families, space may be tight as rooms are relatively small.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river have a nice view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Adventuredino
Dear Adventuredino,

Allow me to thank you for your stay in our hotel and for sharing your nice review.

I was happy to read, that you remained satisfied with our facilities, especially with our gym and pool, and with the breakfast we serve; I will be delighted to share your great feedback about the bacon, the pork sausages and the soft boiled eggs with our chef.

Looking forward to welcome you back at the Hilton Prague Hotel in the near future,

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is my first stay at a Hilton Hotel (2 nights). The room was adequate and had a so-so view of a highway. It was also very near the ice-maker. The hotel location is not too good, quite a distance to the Old town.

Having said that, the breakfast which opens at 6am was excellent. Aside from the usual omelet, bread and coffee some special stuff was offered, namely lean bacon, ham, various cheese, pate, mushrooms, fresh fruits, various yoghurt and even granola bars. You might even spot a food server who has a striking resemblance of the star of "The Hunger Games."

I also strongly recommend that guests should use the indoor pool or hot tub in order to soothe your aching muscles after a full day of walking in chilly Prague. There is also a fully equipped gym and sauna.

When we were about to check out on our way to Brno, we had another surprise because our luggage was "taken" by a porter who could be Liam Neeson's "twin" brother.
He will surely get the job done and put your things on the bus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank GreenThumb331
Dear GreenThumb331,

Thank you for your stay at the Hilton Prague Hotel during your visit of Prague and thank you very much for your review.

With great pleasure I read, that you very much enjoyed the breakfast we serve and the facilities in our Cybex Health Club & Spa.

Moreover, it was great to note, that our “Liam Neeson” could assist you with the luggage .

I am sending you my greetings on behalf of all the Hilton Prague Team and looking forward to hosting you again in our property.

Callicoon, NY
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Hotel was typical Hilton. Fine and good. But nothing outstanding. And the location is awful. Walking anywhere was a chore. You really needed to hike to get to any points of interest. Buffet breakfast was very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank paulvilla
Dear paulvilla,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Prague Hotel and for your reply here on the Tripadvisor.

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast we serve in the Atrium Restaurant.

Nevertheless, concerning your comment to location, please allow me to mention that there is a metro stop along with the bus and tram stop located just 3 minutes from the hotel, therefore it is very easy to get anywhere in the city relatively quickly. Moreover, the hotel is located in the quiet part of Prague with all the facilities you might need; et. shopping mall, pharmacy, restaurants.

Thank you for your comment again and would you like to come back, please feel free to contact me on DutyManager.Prague@hilton.com and I will be happy to assist you with the transportation.

Sincerely Yours,