“Good hotel but not 5*.”

Hotel Esplanade Prague
Ranked #253 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very clean rooms; good location; attentive and friendly staff especially in the hotel restaurant and bar. However in my opinion it isn't 5* stars hotel rooms We didn't have slippers,bathrobes. A standard room is really small. There was a safe for additional charge. I don't think that Guests should pay for a safe in their room.

• Stayed: March 2013
Hotel_Esplanade_CZ, Director of Sales at Hotel Esplanade Prague, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam.

Thank you very much for your stay in Hotel Esplanade Prague and for sharing your experiences with us.

I was delighted to read that you like our location and service of our team especially in the hotel restaurant. Our hotel was established as a hotel in 1927 and it has this typical old style and we cannot change size of the rooms. Our standard double room is 25 m², triple room 28m² and junior suite 35m². Regarding the slipper or bathrobes they are provided on request.
We would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future, to ensure you spend enjoyable time.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Esplanade Prague

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

When we looked at the pictures in the magazine and then came down there, it were the same.
Excellent service. Very good breakfirst. Excellent location just few minutes away from centrum.
Overall nothing to put a finger on.
My wife, son(10 years old) and had a wonderful stay at the Hotel Esplanade

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for selecting Hotel Esplanade Prague for your spring break in the Czech Republic and thank you for sharing your comments with us.

It was indeed very nice to read you enjoyed your stay with us, our location, our rooms, and service provided by our Team.

I thank you again for taking the time to share your comments about our property, and I look forward to welcome you back soon.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in the hotel Esplanade.
3 guys working they all call Paul, but soooooooo friendly !!! 10/10
The reception girls are all very helpfull and always have a nice smile on their face 10/10
The rooms are clean.Perfect to have a nice rest in the evening, maybe a bit more space to put things on would be nice 9/10

wij zijn zeer tevreden over het volledige hotel en het personeel 10/10
Patje en Ritje
Belgie
Maart 2013

Room Tip: Some rooms on the 7th floor look out over Prague, but somethimes not available. The second floor is...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ritjesebring
Hotel_Esplanade_CZ, Director of Sales at Hotel Esplanade Prague, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Esplanade in Prague during your visit to the Czech Republic and for taking the time to share with us your kind feedback regarding your stay.

It was more than a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us also very pleased to hear our Team provided an excellent service, which made you feel comfortable and at ease. I am looking forward to sharing this great comment with all of my colleagues.

Furthermore, I was sorry to note you did not found enough space in your room. Unfortunately the size of some rooms is limiting the possibility of changes in terms of room layout.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future, to ensure you spend again an enjoyable time.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Nice hotel,nice reception. The location is quite good and near the main station. Walking around we can see many currency exchanges for tourists which are really convenient. Also near the hotel, there is the national museum and the main street of the city where people can buy all they want, especially the cristal. In the hotel, the room is big enough for us and we had a pleasant stay. The breakfast includes many drinks and food. The reception people are kind to help.

Room Tip: We choose a suite for 4 persons and the room is quite big with two sofa beds.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel_Esplanade_CZ, Director of Sales at Hotel Esplanade Prague, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review after your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that our facilities exceeded your expectations and that you found our Front Desk team nice and helpful.
We are lucky to be a city centre property conveniently located for local attractions, shopping areas, and I feel that our location is certainly a special key factor.

Once again, I thank you for your valuable feedback.

With best regards,

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have stayed there for several nights and what I can fully confirm - it is not 5 star hotel! I would say not more than solid 3 stars.

The first room we were offered was a nightmare, so we asked for change and a better room followed.

The breakfast choice is poor - definitely not suitable for a 5 star hotel.

I would not prefer to stay there next time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Esplanade_CZ, Director of Sales at Hotel Esplanade Prague, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review after your recent visit.

I was very disappointed to hear that design of our hotel is not preferred by you. Our hotel was established in 1927 and it has this typical old style and fully renovated in 2008. Our standard double room is 25 m², single room 18m², triple room 28m² and junior suite 35m².

I will follow up on your comment regarding the breakfast with F&B manager.

If you would like to give us another chance in the future, please let me know as well, as we have range of room types available from standard to suites with larger bathrooms and additional amenities.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel is located in the centre, yes, but next time I will choose a hotel located at the other end of the Vaclavske namesti. Metro station is just around the corner but if you are determined to walk everywhere then trodding along the long Vaclavske namesti several times to get to must-see-places can be tiresome. On the contrary what you could imagine based on the posh looks this hotel has really lovely kind of a "family-run" hotel atmosphere. We enjoyed our stay due to friendly staff, clean and fresh room and delicious breakfast buffet. Especially the bed was exceptionally luxurious with crisp pillows and duvets. The bathroom was spacious but I would enjoy my shower more, if I had a bath curtain... We only had one meal at the hotel's restaurant but based on that I can warmly recommend the place: they served the best (veal) wienerschnitzel I've ever had. Also, they have a selection of wines from a local producer amongst which we found our favourite after tasting some of them. During our stay in Praque we noticed that by all means not all wines from the same producer are that great and finding a wine that suits your taste usually requires tasting a couple of different kinds, so don't give up on first one... Summa summarum, the only fact that lowers the grade of this hotel from Excellent to Very Good is the location that is not as central as it could be.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anninainen

Dear Sir/Madam,

Allow me to thank you for your stay and very nice review about our hotel.

I was delighted to read, that our facilities exceeded your expectations, and that you found our Front Desk and Concierge team nice and helpful, and that you enjoyed the atmosphere and food in our Restaurant.

Kindest regards from Prague,

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone unless you wanna get robbed. Im native Czech and I wanted to show my partner how beautiful Prague is. We stayed at this hotel at the start of our Euro Trip. On our first night, we forgot to lock the door to our room and that was a huge mistake because while we slept, someone actually entered our room and stole my boyfriend's wallet which was on his night table!!!! We woke up with a nasty surprise. And not only did we get robbed, we were treated as liars, the manager wouldnt even come and talk to us and the police officer wasnt helpful at all. It was a very upsetting situation. After reading this, if you still decide to stay at this hotel, make sure you use a safe!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Esplanade_CZ, Director of Sales at Hotel Esplanade Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear KATKA22000,

First of all, let me thank you for the time you have taken to write about your recent stay with us.

I was sad to learn that we were not able to meet with your expectations and as such would like to ask that you contact me directly as you mentioned that there are still some outstanding points that have yet to be resolved. My e-mail address is esplanade@esplanade.cz.

Once again, I thank you for your valuable feedback.

With best regards,