“May 2014” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #207 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“May 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel annually for 8 years and always enjoy my visit. Friendly, attentive staff and rooms great. Wide choice of food at breakfast. Good transport links in to city and Night tram 51 stops right outside the door! Will be back next year!

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Corsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Well I'm just getting into bed, my second visit at this hotel.
This time as it's Sunday, and I've an early start tomorrow I had dinner in the restaurant....was very good indeed.
My room here again is fine, clean comfy and spacious.
No mini bar, but that's not a bad thing...I only drink water out of it anyway, and I've got a complimentary bottle of water anyway.
All in all a good clean reasonable cost hotel...not far from the airport and a short trip by taxi/tram into the centre of Prague....all good so far on my second trip.
Night!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Burke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

I visited Prague with my husband and our older daughter and my younger daughter suggested The Diplomat since it was near where she was living during her semester abroad. Rooms were nice and had a 110 outlet which was a pleasant surprise. The hotel was up-to-date and comfortable and had a really great breakfast that was included in the room pricing. It was a block from the terminus of the Green line subway which made getting around Prague easy. We took two rooms and they were able to give us rooms next to each other. The only thing I didn't expect or like was an additional charge to use the hot tub - which we then chose not to do. Front desk staff spoke very good English and were quite friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out on to the inside court. Not a pretty view, but much quieter than a st...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

The price for the hotel is just too high for the services that this less than average hotel is providing. The early check-in at 12:30 is priced for 20 euro.
The staff was also horrible without greetings when entering/leaving the hotel, they looked that they are very bored with the job.
The room (we had superior room) and the whole hotel needs new paint, repair of dents and scratches, the light in room was not always working. Room was clean except the dust in the closet. The closest contruction near the hotel is making too much noise also in sunday morning even with closed windows.
The breakfast is average. The good thing is the free wifi available in rooms. I do not understand the excelent ratings here. This is 3 star hotel very very overpriced maybe not for the room price but for all other services including dinners and drinks.
As one here said :"The prices at the hotel bar are quite expensive for Prague, you're better off hanging around in the tourist area longer, and paying less for your drinks then at the hotel bar."

Room Tip: Chose the rooms on the upper flors
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Diplomat011, General Manager at Vienna House Diplomat Prague, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear StankeSK,

I would like to thank you for your feedback about stay in Diplomat. I highly appreciate all comments from our valued guests as they provide us with a great source of suggestion for improvement. I would like to ensure you that I will share all your comments with a management team of the hotel and there will be immediate steps taken for improvement of room maintenance and staff aproach.

I would like to again thank you for your comments, I do hope that we will have a chance of welcoming you in our hotel in future.

West Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

The Diplomat is a good hotel and relatively inexpensive. We were visiting our daughter who was studying abroad in Prague and chose this hotel because it was close to her dorm. It is out of the center of things, but there are metro and tram stops pretty much right outside the front door, so all the sights are very easy to get to. The free breakfast was the best I have ever had in Europe, it is comparable to an Embassy Suites breakfast. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't want to stay in the heart of the city.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is a big hotel a little out of the way of city center where all the actions are, but closes to the the landmark Cathedral. We were a big group of nearly 140 people but still did not feel crowded. I really wanted to like this hotel: the lobby was comfy, people were helpful, but the breakfast and room condition really just average.
Breakfast: big variety of bread, meat, fruit and cheese. These were all OK. But the pastries were bad quality. Other hot food such as scramble egg and bacon either taste bad or cooked the wrong way. The worst part was that they put presto sauce on the mozzarella cheese and tomato plate. Pine nut were grounded into the presto sauce. You could not see it just by the look. One of our student had nut allergy and had a reaction, had to go to emergency room (followed by another strange story not my right to tell and not related to this hotel). We were told that all eateries were informed about the nut allergy. Not sure if there was any mis-communication between hotel and our organizer, or hotel internal communication problem. Just glad that the student was Ok and able to perform that evening. On the positive side: they had sushi rice and some Asian food to go with it. My husband and kids were happy: they missed their rice.
Room: clean. Furniture was cheap though. The setting was more like the Comfort Inn in the US. No Wifi signal at all. We are in the very end of room for 3 people. And the only room (that I knew of) did not have Wifi. Others rooms were fine.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Diplomat011, General Manager at Vienna House Diplomat Prague, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback about your stay in Diplomat Hotel. I was most concerned to learn about the food alergy case of one of your students and I immediately investigated the situation.

I would like to explain about procedure in the breakfast restaurant as well as during servise of lunches and dinners. As you already mentioned the choice at the breakfast buffet is very wide, therefore there are several items that are marked with information for our guests with special diets such as "glutten free product" or "lactose free froduct" etc. All of our partners as well as guests are advised as soon as they inform us about special alergies to contact our restaurant supervisors for information about any specific dish that might cause any alergic reaction. It is a great pity that your student did not contact our breakfast restaurant manager in order to avoid any incidents. I am very sorry for the unpleasant experience caused by the food aleargy, I am really glad that at the end your student was all right.

Again, I would like to thank you for your feedback as it is helping us to improve our performance and level of our services. I will definitely share it with the management team of the hotel.

I am very much looking forward to your next visit.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a symposium at the university. Location for that purpose was great. Facilities in hotel (bar, restaurant and general shop) were great. Local restaurant choice was good as well. Travel to centre was simple on tram after the friendly restaurant staff explained what to do and sold a ticket. A good quality hotel at a very reasonable price.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Diplomat011, General Manager at Vienna House Diplomat Prague, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Pete R,

I was really glad to read your comments about your recent stay in Diplomat Hotel. I really highly appreciate all feedback from our valued guests as it is giving us great opportunity to better level of our services and increase our performance.

I would like to thank you for your kind words about our property and services, we are proud to be one of the largest conference hotels in Prague offering wide selection of services for all conference participants.

Once again thank you for your possitive review, we are very much looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel again in future.