“Nice hotel, poor customer service”

Vienna House Diplomat Prague
Ranked #195 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed for three nights over New Years. The hotel room was spacious, clean and quiet. The location is great but the downside of the hotel is the terrible customer service. The reception staff were friendly but when our room keys didn't work, we had to go up and down to reception four times before the porter was eventually called to let us in. On the second day we went for breakfast 45 mins before the advertised closing time only to find that everything apart from coffee and fruit had been cleared away.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Diplomat011, General Manager at Vienna House Diplomat Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear guest,

thank you for your feedback about your recent stay in Diplomat Hotel Prague. I really appreciate all your comments as they help us to improve our services. I was very pleased that you found our hotel to be well located with clean and spacious rooms. I do apologize for your negative experience in regards of breakfast and malfunctionality of keys. I will share your feedback with management team of the hotel and I will personally make sure that all necessery steps will be taken in order to avoid such situation in future.

I would like to again thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague. I am very much looking forward to welcoming you in Diplomat hotel again in future.

Mathieu Rouri

Write a ReviewReviews (1,651)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Rooms, breakfast, staff, etc. nice. Not extraordinary but nice.
A bit remote from the town centre. However a metro station is close. At the other hand, major constructions works surround and obstruct the entrance of the hotel. This also need some experience before one knows where to enter the metro station and especially where to get out.
Our visit was during the end of December 2013. It certainly does not look like the works will be ended soon.

Room Tip: Attention non smokers! Do ask for a non-smoking room! We were surprised how many people apparently s...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ravenhousepim,

I would like to thank you for taking time to share feedback about your stay in Diplomat Hotel. I would like to point out that we are proud to be ideally located, 15 minutes from the airport and only 2 stops of the underground from Prague Castle. I am deeply sorry for the inconveniences about construction works in front of the hotel, please note that the main road is under construction organized by city of Prague that should finish shortly. I am very much aware that access to the underground is therefore limited however we are looking forward to new road work that will serve city of Prague for years.

Thank you for your kind feedback and I do hope that we will have a chance to welcome you in our hotel again in future.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

13-14 Nov 2013
Ongoing Construction Works just next to the hotel and they start to make noise exactly at 6:00 AM.
Cracked washbasin and mildew in the bathroom. 4* hotel???
Breakfast generous. Cooks preparing fresh omelets and pancakes. Even warm soup was there – quite unusual for breakfast. If you like wide choice for the breakfast, this is the place. Interesting that there are about 1000 books on the shelves in the breakfast restaurant so you can read during your breakfast. Unfortunately almost only German and Czech books.
Very good public transport connection. Metro, trams and buses to villages nearby Prague just in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: In the next few months ask for rooms with window facing to the west. When the construction is over i...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Peter N,

I was most concerned to learn about your feedback about your stay in Diplomat Hotel Prague. I would like to ensure you that I highly value all comments from our guests as your feedback helps us to improve level of our services. I am very sorry for the inconveniences in regards of the construction of main road in front of the hotel. Please note that this construction works should finish shortly and new road will enable our guest smooth entrance to the hotel.

I personally checked several rooms in the hotel to find about condition of our sinks and bathroom wash basins and I would like to ensure you that maintenance team of our hotel will take care of all possible damages in order to ensure maximum comfort of our guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback, I am looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel again in future.

Geneneral Manager

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed here with my partner for a week and it was great. staff were so helpful and friendly, spoke perfect English which was an added bonus. excellent value for money and couldn't be any closer to the metro. so easy to travel around and so cheap. would love to come back and stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Friendly desk at arrival, allowed me to check in early in the morning about 11 am as soon as i arrived speaking good english and organized.
Very nice meeting rooms and facilities.
Enjoyed my medical course there a lot with a good room with good heating system all over the hotel as i am from Egypt 2 Degrees was really cold out there on the streets.
I will be back there for Business ofcourse although it took me 15 to 20 minutes by Metro or Tram to reach old city center. Station is about 300 meters from the lobby.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

A lovely hotel with friendly staff and a clean spacious room. It's about a ten minute taxi drive to the main square of Prague. Be aware when paying to ask for your change as they will keep it as a tip if you don't. There is good transport facilities beside the hotel ie bus and underground train

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

The situation is perfect, the bus from the airport stops just in front, the metro,tram and bus station is at the same spot too. The hotel is big but very calm and clean, but still there is a possibility to take a drink at the lounge bar or to eat at their restaurant.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business