“Avarage with a few positive points”

Vienna House Diplomat Prague
Ranked #200 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Avarage with a few positive points”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

The hotel is old and a little shabby and could certainly benefit from a "make over". a few positive points: breakfast, the coffee shop and breakfast restaurants's design as libraries- loved the idea! last- very helpful and nice reception team.

1 Thank xipto
Diplomat011, General Manager at Vienna House Diplomat Prague, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback about your recent stay in our hotel. We really appreciate all comments from our valued guest as it helps to focus on areas of improvement as well as improve our overall performance. Our hotel is one of the largest hotels in Prague and we aim at providing the best possible service for our valued guests. I am delighted that you did like our restaurant design, our highest goal is to make our guests feel at home.

Mathieu Rouri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. It is within a stone-throw of the Metro and Tram stops that can take you to the Prague Castle or downtown Old/Wencesles Squares. Prague castle can be seen from the hotel, it is perhaps, 10-12 minute tram ride. Downtown squares are around 20 minute ride, but on the tram it's a neat way to see the city. I'd venture to say the metro is a bit more quick not having to deal with traffic lights and such as the tram does.

Beautiful hotel, they host a lot of conventions due to the large conference center they have on location. We felt very safe, often traveling at night due to early sunset in the late year.

The room was comfortable, lobby was beautiful, onsite gift shop and restaurant. The breakfast was fantastic! English, French, American, German, Czech Breakfast bars, along with a large fruit bar, antipasta bar, cereal, granola...so much I cannot list. It is the largest we have ever seen, it's the main reason I booked the hotel. Onsite parking is minimal, I highly suggest making reservation including parking special. Room was clean, beds were a bit hard, but that is normal in Europe. My only complaint is that internet is hook up in the room and it's 12 euros a night. The lobby offers free wifi internet, however. The staff were fantastic, nice and accomodating. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are driving, take a look at booking.com and select the special room rate including parking. Y...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear guest,

thank you for sharing your valuable feedback about your recent stay in our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel to the fullest. Moreover, your satisfaction is our motivation! Therefore, we will pass your comments on to our management teams.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in our house again!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Best holiday ever...

the Diplomat Hotel, I flew from London for a few days, I visited a couple of my friends, I stayed in this hotel and I was very pleasantly surprised.

Hotel taxi service from the airport took me out and helped me with luggage at the entrance, where they were soon joined porter.
At the reception I was very pleasantly welcomed by the receptionist and concierge, who were amazingly nice. What surprised me was that the focus on detail and have a positive attitude and smile. The reception but later.

The room was very nice and cozy with a nice view , the bar and restaurant with breakfast, I was abnormally happy.

Extra service reception, however, prepared team.With all helped me and showed also gave an excellent interpretation of the hotel. Anything I needed was available to all, really good quality hotel with even better quality staff. (Katarina, Zdenna, George,Jakub,Teresa, many others ...)people were beatifu
Thanks Diplomat Hotel I recommend and certainly do not see last time.

I wish hotel Diplomat all the best and soon also Happy New Year... :)

With king Regards
Cynthia :)

Room Tip: I am think that all the rooms are great ... :) but I¨ve got such a big room :)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Diplomat011, General Manager at Vienna House Diplomat Prague, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear Cynthia,

thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and other travelers. We are really delighted to read about your memorable experience. Your satisfaction is our motivation! Therefore, I will pass your comments on to our whole team.

Thank you once again for your great contribution,we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Your sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stay in this hotel several times per year because I have an office nearby. The hotel is always reliably clean and comfortable to stay at. Underground parking for extra fee. Do not park outside - cars get stolen and broken in to. Nice breakfast. On tram line to city center. Also one block from metro station.

Room Tip: always use AAA taxi - they are not rigging their meters like other taxi firms may do.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank VooDooTravelPro
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience from your stay at Diplomat Hotel Prague with us. We were pleased to read about your positive experience at our hotel. I would like to mention that our hotel is located in a diplomatic district with very nice neighbourhood. We have not experienced any problems when guests are parking their cars outside the hotel. However in order to provide our guests with secure and comfortable parking spaces we do offer underground parking for our guests.

Thank you once again for your kind contribution. I am very much looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again soon!

Lyon, France
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Positive points =

1) Friendly staff (well those who bring room service anyway!).
2) OK location, not great but there is a metro stop next door which is 3 stops from the main square
3) Good internet in the rooms, however, I couldn't use wifi in room 820 (with cable no problem but I would have prefered wifi).

Negative points =

1) My original flight got cancelled so I had to change my pickup time. I first called them to cancel my pick up. Then my flight got cancelled again the next day so I emailed from my Blackberry to cancel my pickup again (at 4.30am). My message was sent no problem. I was in Romania on a business trip and had to take a taxi to Budapest from the North of Romania at 5am to get to Budapest to catch my connecting flight. When I called the hotel to arrange another pickup, the man at the concierge desk had a go at me saying that I should have called. After my nightmare of a journey to get to the hotel, this was all the man had to say to me. I was FURIOUS!!!!! Very poor service and not appreciated.

2) Put a don't disturb sign up on your door in the morning. Otherwise at around 8am the maid will knock on your door to check the minibar!!! How stupid is that? I have stayed in a LOT of hotels in Eastern Europe and this is the first time it has happened to me. Why wake people up to check the minibar at 8am???

3) They have a kettle in the room (superior room). However, you cannot pull the kettle out. It is stuck one of the cupboard shelves. So you have to pull the cupboard shelf out a bit to "activate" the kettle. How ridiculous is this??????

4) Breakfast food wasn't tasty and the restaurant is old and needs renevating.

In general, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I would much rather stay at the K + K hotel in Prague which is next to the main square and is much more modern, convenient and friendly!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
1 Thank AmykWong
Diplomat011, General Manager at Vienna House Diplomat Prague, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Dear Madam,

thank you for your constructive feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We really appreciate all comments from our valued guests as they help us to focus on areas of improvement.

I sincerely apologise for the problems you encountered and thank you for bringing these matters to my attention.

I have personally checked the breakfast buffet in regards of food quality and we launched corrective actions.

Concerning the kettle in the cupboard shelf – it is a security arrangement to ensure fire prevention for our clients.

We are also currently working on a project of Wi-Fi connection in our superior rooms so that our costumers will soon have wireless internet connection available there.

We hope to be able to welcome you soon again at our Diplomat hotel in order to convince you from our offer.

I assure you of my best attention at all times.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 20, 2011

This is a nice, adequate hotel. The rooms are decent. The breakfast is good. The staff are friendly and very helpful, with good English skills.

The gym doesn't open until 7:00am, which is a problem for business travelers.

The hotel is located 20 minutes from the airport (depending on traffic). Unfortunately, it isn't located anywhere near the city center, so if you were hoping to walk to Prague's incredible sights, this hotel is not for you.

Amazingly enough, it has a world-class sushi restaurant. I have eaten in some of the best sushi restaurants in Tokyo and around to world, and I can assure you, this fish is fresh.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Diplomat011, General Manager at Vienna House Diplomat Prague, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Dear guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your recent stay in our hotel. I would like to point out that we are located only two metro stops or 10 minutes by walk from the Prague castle area. Also the metro station is located just around the corner from the hotel and transportation tickets are available at our front desk. We are proud to have the ideal location to the airportconnection as well as to the main sights of our beautiful city.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we am very much looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel again soon!

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 18, 2011

This hotel was part of an arranged tour including Prague. Our group stayed here three nights. Overall it was a comfortable hotel. The rooms were nice but showing age. Breakfast and dinner were included. Both meals were very fine, although restaurants would give a better flavor of the local cuisine..

The hotel is accessible to the tourist areas through the Metro (2 or 3 stops, 26 krona each way). It is not walking distance. The area is not very attractive, with trams running up and down and much traffic. There is a residential area with shopping available nearby (other side of Metro).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your positive comment on Tripadvisor. We were delighted you enjoyed your stay at Diplomat Hotel.

We highly appreciate the comments we receive as we always strive to improve our products and services.

Thank you once again for your great contribution. We am very much looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel again soon!